Flatlyne'd Final Mock

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
I've been way busier at work than expected, but wanted to get one out this year. Don't really love trades in a mock, but saw some ideal opportunities with some of the latest draft rumors. Also, the talent really drops off in the later rounds, so knew I wanted to move a few to acquire a higher pick.

-----TRADE: 1.19 (875) TO BUF for 1.28 (660)/2.60 (300) we win the trade, but they need a WR
1.28 – Chop Robinson, Edge PSU
Had Robinson played for Bama and had 600 snaps, I think he is in the running for the first defender taken in this draft. With an elite 20.9% Pass rush win rate, he steps in an starts opposite Young and harasses QB’s from day 1. Not only is Chop an elite pass rusher, but one of the better edge prospects defending the run and pass. He will be known as a steal in a few years.

-----TRADE: 2.52 (380) 3.99 (104) 5.155(29.4) to TENANTS for 2.37 (530)

2.37 – Jer’Zhan Newton, DT Illinois
All around impactful DT. Will join Turner on the line and do his best to help fill the void that AD left. Had a superior season in 2022, however, played most of last year with a Jones fracture in his foot. I’d expect him to be fully recovered in time for training camp

3.60 – Malik Washington, WR Virginia
Washington is just amazing. He played slot in college and maybe that is where he translates best in the NFL, but he just has some dog in him. 1st in the nation is missed tackles forced and slot yard (2nd in catches). I think he is an A+ returner as well. I think he outplays the 3rd round pick we used on him. Very underrated

3.83 – Kris Abrams-Draine, CB Missouri
Much like Washington, he’s just a ball player. Plenty of playmaking skills, 4.4 speed. Despite his size, he still can lay the wood. Experienced and good in zone and man coverage. Think he via’s for a starting role this season.

5.154 – Tyrone Tracy Jr, RB Purdue
He’s an older prospect but very skilled and with little tread on the tires. Tracy played WR for a time and thus is an experienced receiver as well as a skilled runner. Extremely productive on only 114 rushing attempts this season (714 yard, 8 TD, 19 rec). I think he is a perfect back up for Kyren at this point in the draft.

------TRADE: 6.196 (13)/6.209 (7.8) to PHI 5.161 (27) – talent drying up, we package some later picks
5.161 – Christian Jones, OT – Texas
Best OT left on the board and projects to either LT or RT and will be a swing for us this year and perhaps develops into a starter at some point.

6.213 6.2 – Will Reichard, K Alabama
Tired of the crap we put on the field last year. Reichard is reliable and strong legged.

6.217 4.6 – Marist Liufau, LB Notre Dame
Solid back up LB who excels in coverage. A guy that can be added to our terrible special teams.

7.254 1 – Jack Westover, TE Washington
Nice special teams guy and was a very reliable receiver for Penix. Pretty well rounded and athletic.

I think this vastly improves our defense for this season, adding 2 top end pass rushers. We also get 2 playmakers that I think McVay would love to implement into our offense.

Londoner

Twitchy newcomer
Not sure that Chop and Newton last that long.

Same applies to Reichard (given that so many teams need a reliable kicker) and Liufau.

I’ve only done very limited scouting of Tyrone Tracy (it’s difficult to scout everyone from this side of the Atlantic), but I’ll trust your judgment on him.

If this did happen, though, I’d give it an A.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Not sure that Chop and Newton last that long.

Same applies to Reichard (given that so many teams need a reliable kicker) and Liufau.

I’ve only done very limited scouting of Tyrone Tracy (it’s difficult to scout everyone from this side of the Atlantic), but I’ll trust your judgment on him.

If this did happen, though, I’d give it an A.
Several reports this morning that the NFL execs aren't listing them as first rounders. The Newton news was the most believable, since there were multiple sources stating it. And I've seen Chop in the lower portion of most mocks for a while now. He may not go that low, but who knows.

I admit, I don't know much about were kickers are projected, just wanted to throw him in there.

Tracy's only draw back that I can see, is his age. But not much tread off those tires.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Love the Christian Jones pick. You saved me time putting together a second mock because he was gonna be on it!

I too am warming to Chop. Teams who like him must be seeing his potential and upside. That is, his best football is in front of him. Not everyone in the 1rst round is gonna turn out that way.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
I dont get the Chop love. We already have a “potential” edge on the roster in Hampton.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I've been way busier at work than expected, but wanted to get one out this year. Don't really love trades in a mock, but saw some ideal opportunities with some of the latest draft rumors. Also, the talent really drops off in the later rounds, so knew I wanted to move a few to acquire a higher pick.

-----TRADE: 1.19 (875) TO BUF for 1.28 (660)/2.60 (300) we win the trade, but they need a WR
1.28 – Chop Robinson, Edge PSU
Had Robinson played for Bama and had 600 snaps, I think he is in the running for the first defender taken in this draft. With an elite 20.9% Pass rush win rate, he steps in an starts opposite Young and harasses QB’s from day 1. Not only is Chop an elite pass rusher, but one of the better edge prospects defending the run and pass. He will be known as a steal in a few years.

-----TRADE: 2.52 (380) 3.99 (104) 5.155(29.4) to TENANTS for 2.37 (530)

2.37 – Jer’Zhan Newton, DT Illinois
All around impactful DT. Will join Turner on the line and do his best to help fill the void that AD left. Had a superior season in 2022, however, played most of last year with a Jones fracture in his foot. I’d expect him to be fully recovered in time for training camp

3.60 – Malik Washington, WR Virginia
Washington is just amazing. He played slot in college and maybe that is where he translates best in the NFL, but he just has some dog in him. 1st in the nation is missed tackles forced and slot yard (2nd in catches). I think he is an A+ returner as well. I think he outplays the 3rd round pick we used on him. Very underrated

3.83 – Kris Abrams-Draine, CB Missouri
Much like Washington, he’s just a ball player. Plenty of playmaking skills, 4.4 speed. Despite his size, he still can lay the wood. Experienced and good in zone and man coverage. Think he via’s for a starting role this season.

5.154 – Tyrone Tracy Jr, RB Purdue
He’s an older prospect but very skilled and with little tread on the tires. Tracy played WR for a time and thus is an experienced receiver as well as a skilled runner. Extremely productive on only 114 rushing attempts this season (714 yard, 8 TD, 19 rec). I think he is a perfect back up for Kyren at this point in the draft.

------TRADE: 6.196 (13)/6.209 (7.8) to PHI 5.161 (27) – talent drying up, we package some later picks
5.161 – Christian Jones, OT – Texas
Best OT left on the board and projects to either LT or RT and will be a swing for us this year and perhaps develops into a starter at some point.

6.213 6.2 – Will Reichard, K Alabama
Tired of the crap we put on the field last year. Reichard is reliable and strong legged.

6.217 4.6 – Marist Liufau, LB Notre Dame
Solid back up LB who excels in coverage. A guy that can be added to our terrible special teams.

7.254 1 – Jack Westover, TE Washington
Nice special teams guy and was a very reliable receiver for Penix. Pretty well rounded and athletic.

I think this vastly improves our defense for this season, adding 2 top end pass rushers. We also get 2 playmakers that I think McVay would love to implement into our offense.
Newton, Washington, Abram’s Draine, Reichard, Tracy, all on top of one of the top four edge guys? Sign me up.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I dont get the Chop love. We already have a “potential” edge on the roster in Hampton.
Hampton is not remotely close to the prospect Chop is.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
I’m gonna have to see a LOT more from Hampton to even consider him an option. Last preseason he was constantly downfield trying to make a play. Because he wore a number in the 30s, I kept thinking he was a DB. Seeing him late on every play, I had to know who this guy was. I was surprised to find out it was a LB. I thought if this guy is getting pushed around like this by 2nd, 3rd stringers and 7/11 managers…
I need to see drastic improvement from Hampton this camp, or I will be writing him off.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
I’m gonna have to see a LOT more from Hampton to even consider him an option. Last preseason he was constantly downfield trying to make a play. Because he wore a number in the 30s, I kept thinking he was a DB. Seeing him late on every play, I had to know who this guy was. I was surprised to find out it was a LB. I thought if this guy is getting pushed around like this by 2nd, 3rd stringers and 7/11 managers…
I need to see drastic improvement from Hampton this camp, or I will be writing him off.
Same here. I am hoping he becomes a situational pass rusher.