Flakka

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
This reminds me of the Walking Dead zombies or what life was like during the 60's among my psychedelic using hippie pals, minus the face chewing. :sneaky:
http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/article184248578.html

flakka

Naked people rampage through Missouri town, barking and showering in soda water
BY ADAM DARBY

Last weekend got downright bizarre in the eastern Missouri town of Sullivan, and police say they know why.

Four people went on a rampage, barking and yelling, breaking into buildings, even stripping off their clothes and showering in soda water, police say. They suspect the synthetic drug flakka is behind the behavior.

“We had multiple incidents this past weekend of people on some kind of substance acting out of their minds,” Sullivan Police Lt. Patrick Johnson told the Sullivan Independent News. “Barking like dogs, running up and down the street, or other farm animals, entering people’s homes, breaking into a business, yelling outside of local businesses.”

Two people were arrested, and some of the users were treated at a hospital.

The drugs have not yet been tested, but police believe the users mixed methamphetamine with flakka, a manmade drug that has caused strange behavior in other places.

Last year, The Star reported that flakka was hitting hard in Florida, Tennessee, Kentucky, Ohio and other parts of the country and that police were worried that it would spread to Missouri and Kansas City. It was causing a rash of emergency room visits and overdose deaths.

In one highly publicized Florida case, a man reportedly high on flakka gnawed on and disfigured another man’s face before he was shot to death by police. Another user tried to break down the door of a police station in Fort Lauderdale, and a few weeks later, a man impaled himself while trying to climb a fence around the same station.

Also known as alpha-PVP, flakka has a similar chemical makeup to other drugs commonly known as “bath salts,” according to the National Institute on Drug Abuse.

It typically comes in a white or pink crystalline form and is foul-smelling. It can be eaten, snorted, injected, or vaporized in an electronic cigarette device, according to the national institute, which has included flakka on a list of emerging trends.

Sullivan, a town of about 7,000 residents, is 70 miles southwest of St. Louis.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I think that FL incident was well over a year ago, and I think the "bath salts" thing is passed..........maybe these 4 knuckleheads didn't get the memo.