First unofficial depth chart of preseason

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Psycho_X

Legend
Yeah, I think this is what she's referring too. But also says she's an OG with McVay.
After I posted that I realized I didn't look at Higbee getting cut post June 1st this year as I was looking at the pre june 1 numbers. If he is cut post June 1st we basically break even with a $7,353 gain in cap space according to over the cap. But we'd clear a big chunk of that off for next year. So I guess this isn't as crazy as I first thought.

Now even crazier thought, if we traded him we'd gain quite a bit of salary cap this year that we could roll into next. Of course, he'd have to be healthy for that before the trade deadline. So playing devil's advocate, a team likely wouldn't trade for a 31 year old TE coming off injury with his salary. But if there's a team out there with salary cap to burn come trade deadline we could do something like we did with Aquib Talib and trade Higbee and a draft pick to a team for a lesser pick and basically their salary cap space.

Likely an idea that wouldn't happen but it's not as outlandish as I first thought it'd be and there's precedent of the Rams doing this in the near past with one of their stars. But would all depend on health of TE room and Higbee and what our season is looking like at that point. But worth thinking about come trade deadline time.

Tumak61

Pro Bowler
Name
Tumak61
Looks like Young, Verse, Hampton, and Hoecht will be the primary guys off the edge this year.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Looks like Young, Verse, Hampton, and Hoecht will be the primary guys off the edge this year.
I bet B. Jackson will be the primary backup along w/ Hoecht. Hampton hasn't looked good plus I didn't see any positive reviews from camp.

WestCoastRam

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I bet B. Jackson will be the primary backup along w/ Hoecht. Hampton hasn't looked good plus I didn't see any positive reviews from camp.
Jackson hurt a bit last few days, he'll have a chance to show in preseason. This could be right for sure.