First unofficial depth chart of preseason

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Psycho_X

Legend
Obviously this doesn't mean much in a month but for now there are some interesting things to this chart.

As I mentioned in another thread it seems Bruss is still being looked at despite his first two years being a bust. Doesn't mean he won't be cut but they are obviously giving him a chance here to show something. Guessing he'll get extensive preseason work.

ILB is as scary as it always has been under McVay. Ernest Jones needs to stay healthy because we have nobody behind him. Rozeboom really improved as the year went on last season so I'm curious to see how he does now that he's a true veteran regarding actual game experience. I'm not expecting him to be great by any means but I'm comfortable with him being average in his role.

Hunter Long might stick around until Higbee returns but I think that's the end of the line for him. TE depth is great for a change.

I am not comfortable with Tutu being the return man. Just sounds like a recipe for fumbles.

Not sure there are any other surprises at the moment. The secondary is going to be in constant flux for the next month if not through season. Just a lot of talent there on the backend especially at safety.

Psycho_X

Legend
Brennan Jackson is ahead of Nick Hampton.

Where is the Offense?
You have to go into the tweet itself and click picture. Here is a pasted version.
1723040492500.png

WestCoastRam

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Obviously this doesn't mean much in a month but for now there are some interesting things to this chart.

As I mentioned in another thread it seems Bruss is still being looked at despite his first two years being a bust. Doesn't mean he won't be cut but they are obviously giving him a chance here to show something. Guessing he'll get extensive preseason work.

ILB is as scary as it always has been under McVay. Ernest Jones needs to stay healthy because we have nobody behind him. Rozeboom really improved as the year went on last season so I'm curious to see how he does now that he's a true veteran regarding actual game experience. I'm not expecting him to be great by any means but I'm comfortable with him being average in his role.

Hunter Long might stick around until Higbee returns but I think that's the end of the line for him. TE depth is great for a change.

I am not comfortable with Tutu being the return man. Just sounds like a recipe for fumbles.

Not sure there are any other surprises at the moment. The secondary is going to be in constant flux for the next month if not through season. Just a lot of talent there on the backend especially at safety.
Jourdan keeps saying repeatedly that Higbee will be a tough conversation when he comes back. Now I don't know much about his contract but it sure sounds like he could be cut next year or perhaps even this year when returned? I don't think that's a comment on Long but more Higbee's contract and age and moves made with Coby.

Though didn't they just sign him to an extension? It's interesting that she keeps commenting on it.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Other interesting things:

- Atwell starter at KR and PR
- Lake, Yeast as NB in that order (have to imagine Cobie splits some time there too - my guess is NB will be opponent dependent)
- WR depth chart, Tutu is the primary backup at every spot I imagine per Jourdan's comments, but interesting to see where other guys are charted out, Jordan at F, Johnson at Z as backups, makes sense though I suspect that Jordan prob can backup F and Z.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
I bet before this season is over Kam Kinchens will be starting at safety.

Psycho_X

Legend
Jourdan keeps saying repeatedly that Higbee will be a tough conversation when he comes back. Now I don't know much about his contract but it sure sounds like he could be cut next year or perhaps even this year when returned? I don't think that's a comment on Long but more Higbee's contract and age and moves made with Coby.

Though didn't they just sign him to an extension? It's interesting that she keeps commenting on it.
There's no point in cutting Higbee this season due to dead cap but there will definitely be a hard decision in the 2025 offseason if Parkinson and Allen continue to show up like they reportedly have in training camp. Higbee still has a good cap hit if cut next offseason but it's manageable along with $3+ million in cap savings according to over the cap.
1723049605915.png

Psycho_X

Legend
I bet before this season is over Kam Kinchens will be starting at safety.
That's probably a safe bet. I think J. Johnson is more here for safety net purposes but they will be using their youth sooner than later probably.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

I imagine the moment Higs returns Long is TE4. Will McVay want to keep him over a wideout. That is the "tough conversation" I would guess.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
That's probably a safe bet. I think J. Johnson is more here for safety net purposes but they will be using their youth sooner than later probably.
I'm willing to bet it's going to be sooner than later. He has been having some great practices lately, including the Chargers scrimmage.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
There's no point in cutting Higbee this season due to dead cap but there will definitely be a hard decision in the 2025 offseason if Parkinson and Allen continue to show up like they reportedly have in training camp. Higbee still has a good cap hit if cut next offseason but it's manageable along with $3+ million in cap savings according to over the cap.
View attachment 66629
Maybe tradeable. Kevin O'Connell may have interest

MrOrange

UDFA
These things usually aren't very accurate. I think last year it said Kupp was our primary returner. I wouldn't put too much stock into this.

fearsomefour

Legend
Looking forward to the edge spots behind Verse, Young & Hoecht. Should be some good competition there. Really excited to see Jackson, one of my favorite draft picks in this last draft.

Looking forward to McAllister battling Limmer for the backup C spot. Limmer will be given every chance to grab it, but, McAllister was solid, not great, but solid last preseason. Hopefully a full year of training will elevate his game.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I think the OL is pretty damn good. Only real concern I have is Jackson holding up at LT. As per usual LT is the position hanging over our heads because Boom can sub there and keep 9 from getting killed but he will get hurt as well at some point and also gets pushed back too much by power rushers.

So basically AJ is a key player for us. We need him to stay healthy. Offensively he's right behind Stafford in importance of staying up. Then Kupp.

But the interior is quite solid. No team can withstand significant OL injuries. No team has that kind of OL depth. But ours this season is as good as McVay has had in his time as head coach.

WestCoastRam

Legend
View attachment 66629
Yeah, I think this is what she's referring too. But also says she's an OG with McVay.