Favorite Coach

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I guess that would apply of the question was favorite Rams linebackers.
Naw, it applied to your reasoning as to why Martz is your favorite Coach, because he was responsible for a Super Bowl win. I was just saying the it was a defensive play that stopped the Titans, when the whole defense was sucking on oxygen because Eddie George was running all over us.

Maybe the defensive coach in Super Bowl 34?:rockon:

fearsomefour

Legend
Naw, it applied to your reasoning as to why Martz is your favorite Coach, because he was responsible for a Super Bowl win. I was just saying the it was a defensive play that stopped the Titans, when the whole defense was sucking on oxygen because Eddie George was running all over us.

Maybe the defensive coach in Super Bowl 34?:rockon:
No.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
There is no reason McVay shouldn't surpass Robinson 79 wins (75 reg season and 4 play off wins) to be the Rams winnest coach, right?

All of us are hoping McVay surpasses them all! And after he wins a Super Bowl this year, my avatar will have a makeover.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
All of us are hoping McVay surpasses them all! And after he wins a Super Bowl this year, my avatar will have a makeover.
No free bottle of wine this for you this year, den! ~ Dick Vermeil

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
No free bottle of wine this for you this year, den! ~ Dick Vermeil

I actually have a few bottles from Vermeil's winery.
VW_Integrity_2015.png

Rams43

Hall of Fame
The Rams have a long list of much loved and respected coaches.

Knox and Malavasi are very high on my personal list. I liked their results and personalities.

But I’ve gotta stick with Vermiel for now. He’s the only one that brought us the Lombardi, after all.

However...

McVay is already #2 on my list. He’s already taken a pathetic underachieving bottom feeding team and turned them into a division winning playoff team in his first year. Knox did that, too, but Knox never got beyond being predictable and one dimensional.

McVay has built a loaded and multifaceted top shelf O, D, and ST as he enters his second year. (With a lotta help from Snead, of course). A stunning turnaround even as he commands the respect of all his players, coaches, and fans.

McVay’s early HC career trajectory has seen few equals in league history. If it continues like this for another year or two? Well, the sky is the limit. I see good times ahead for years and years for we long suffering and patient Ram fans.

McVay might top everybody’s list as soon as this year.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Allen
Robinson
Knox
"The bloody nose gang" they showed you what they were going to do the knocked
then snot out of you to get it done

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
With Ten votes:
McVay 3
Vermeil 2
John Robinson 2
Martz 2
Chuck Knox 1
Bones .5

Honestly, McVay blows away these guys. Martz the all time great O coordinator, was just that, a coordinator, even when he was the head coach. Vermeil was awesome, but stuck to too many traditions.....and wanted to trade Faulk because he didn't have the patience (at first). Even if McVay goes 9-7 this yea, I stick to this.

Goerge Allen failed in 1977, lol, but he would be on the this list if I like the Rams then.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Actually no, without Mike Jones, we have no Super Bowl win....
The game would have gone to OT had the Titans kicked the extra point....so, M Jones was doing his job; smartness and good form was more important than anything in that tackle.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The game would have gone to OT had the Titans kicked the extra point....so, M Jones was doing his job; smartness and good form was more important than anything in that tackle.
You’re right, it would been for the tie, but remember that the Titans had come back from a huge deficit, and we could not stop Steve McNair or Eddie George. DMarco Farr said that if they had just run Eddie George instead of passing to Dyson, there is no way they could have stopped him from a TD. Maybe, or maybe not. In OT, I would have liked the Titans chances better than ours, because of the incredible momentum they had at the end of that game.

That’s why what Mike Jones did with that text book tackle, was so great.

Ramzheart

Rookie
Martz.
Without him the Rams have no Super Bowl win.
Martz all day as an of. Cordinator, with the right head coach. He is not displined enough as a head coach, he needs someone to keep him in check.
I believe the Rams would have beat the Patriots with Vermeil/ Martz combo

fearsomefour

Legend
Martz all day as an of. Cordinator, with the right head coach. He is not displined enough as a head coach, he needs someone to keep him in check.
I believe the Rams would have beat the Patriots with Vermeil/ Martz combo
Probably right about beating the Pats and maybe staying competitive longer.
But, he did win over 50 games as a Rams head coach. Third best total or so for the Rams.
What I said about his total contribution still stands.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Jeff Fisher.
Because he was so terrible the Rams turned everything upside down to remove his stink and make this team what it is today
They didn't turn everything upside down fast enough.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I miss Coach O very much!

Not me, my man. I used to love Coach O in 2013 and before, but he became embittered and could not take criticism, whatsoever. I went from loving his reports and enjoying his insights, to ignoring him....JMO

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Not me, my man. I used to love Coach O in 2013 and before, but he became embittered and could not take criticism, whatsoever. I went from loving his reports and enjoying his insights, to ignoring him....JMO

I get it, but his reports were awesome and it's not easy putting together a report at training camp,there is just so much going on and sometimes, there's not. It's not easy being humble and I'm sure there were other factors adding to his irritability, but I always enjoyed his camp reports along with his insights into the game.

EasyE

Starter
Mcvay is a different breed....He is a dream come true...IF he doesn't burn out...

Vermiel is a very good man...happy for his success
Martz was contrarian at the perfect time as OC

Thank you Mike Jones!