Fan behavior

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This will be short, but interested in others thoughts.

There is absolutely nothing ok with fans attacking players (spitting, throwing items, racial slurs, or any other negative behaviors).

I will use Russell Westbrook as my example. I am not a fan of his, but IMO I think his frustration with fan behavior and player security is on point. I doubt many of these idiots would feel 1 ounce of courage without security and physical barriers there to protect them.

The way things are going (fans rushing golfers, issues at basketball games, and aggressive parents & fans at amateur sports) we are heading towards another Malice At The Palace IMO.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdyqIh4nJ3Y

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Even the kids are disgusting nowadays. I remember being at a Cardinals game against the Pirates in 2014 with a friend and her then-boyfriend, and this so-called "fan" was basically screaming at the Pirates players, basically hurling all sorts of abuse and curses. He couldn't have been more than nine-fucking-years-old. A fucking nine-year-old saying all sorts of shit in the upper deck where we were.

The last straw came when he screamed for our pitcher to, and I quote: "Hit him in the head!" referring to the opposing pitcher (Francisco Liriano) who had been pitching really well. I turned around and told him that Cardinals fans are above this kind of disrespect. He continued screaming for Starling Marte to "Go home!" when he was up next, and I kept quiet, knowing nothing would change this douchebag child's mind. I blame his parents for this sort of shit; they did nothing to curb this child's immaturity. This game remains the least pleasant game I went to (didn't help that the boyfriend was an utter jackass to me), and it was mostly because of that punkass kid.

Absolute shitty excuse for a fan, and it proved to me that every fanbase had its jackasses.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Agreed. Boo the players all you want, you paid for your seat. Racial slurs and throwing stuff at players has no place at a sporting event. He should be banned for life. I'm sure someone will find out the culprit's name and put it on blast.

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It would be great if they found out who that guys was, and let Westbrook go to his office and throw popcorn on him. Seriously though, fans need to chill. they do not pay the athlete's salary. The owners do. The player's do not owe the fans anything. Fans are spectators, and the need to remember that.

Stadium owners, and operational managers need to make it known that if the interfere with a player, coach, ref, or team members, they will be prosecuted. Then publicly shamed.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
people take sports waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too seriously in the context of life. especially the fantasy league crowd. all boils down to a culture built on a general lack of respect.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Problem is also glorifying these things, ever since camera phones became standard.

I personally haven't seen stuff like this yet at the places I've gone. Closest was the big brawl in 2014, but that was Rams/Giants lol.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think the problem in part is a society that has removed ass whoopins from a kid's experience in school, from allowing the principal to swat that ass when they deserve it all the way to the anti-bullying stuff. These are things that are important in formative years, it's far better to get your ass kicked by another kid when you act like a jackass than as a grown man and ending up in the hospital.

Also I think entitled asswipe parents who think their kid can do no wrong, no matter his/her behavior, are at the heart of a ton of shit too. I feel sorry for teachers in fact.

IMO some of these fans just need their ass kicked. It's ridiculous for some jackass fan to be yelling and talking shit at a dude who is almost 7' tall who can palm his head and slap the shit out of him with zero effort.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It would be great if they found out who that guys was, and let Westbrook go to his office and throw popcorn on him. Seriously though, fans need to chill. they do not pay the athlete's salary. The owners do. The player's do not owe the fans anything. Fans are spectators, and the need to remember that.

Stadium owners, and operational managers need to make it known that if the interfere with a player, coach, ref, or team members, they will be prosecuted. Then publicly shamed.

The A-hole who spit on Trae Young should get criminal charges. Getting spit on is beyond reprehensible, Trae deserves 5 minutes in that guys too. All JMHO

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
It's not just fans. It's all over the place now. There needs to be a shit load of ass woopings handed out.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The A-hole who spit on Trae Young should get criminal charges. Getting spit on is beyond reprehensible, Trae deserves 5 minutes in that guys too. All JMHO
I thought that was considered "assault" and a felony charge. or is it just when you do it to police officers?

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Problem is also glorifying these things, ever since camera phones became standard.

I personally haven't seen stuff like this yet at the places I've gone. Closest was the big brawl in 2014, but that was Rams/Giants lol.
i thought smartphones would stop this nonsense among other fine acts of despicability, but as you pointed out, it just glorifies it with millions of "likes" and "followers" on social media.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Some fans feel entitled to behave in a bad way simply because they spend money. On tickets. On gear. On ExtraInnings, NFLTicket, NBAPass or NHLCenterIce. But that's been happening forever, long before the advent of TV or the internet. We've all heard the stories of Ty Cobb going into the stands and brutally beating a fan (handicapped at that). Hockey players have stopped going into the stands but that happened with regularity in the 60's and 70's. Hell on sports forums some fans feel entitled to trash players or coaches 'because they've been a fan forever and have spend thousands over the years'. It's not about the money. It's not about the loyalty. It's about the anger and lack of any self control. Under the proper circumstances a fan getting his ass whipped by a player might go a long way to quelling bad behavior....provided the law didn't reward him damages. But it will.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I thought that was considered "assault" and a felony charge. or is it just when you do it to police officers?
You are 100% correct that it’s assault. Just depends on the jurisdictional criminal code as to the extent of the charge.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You are 100% correct that it’s assault. Just depends on the jurisdictional criminal code as to the extent of the charge.
I have to start proof reading my messages, freaking Apple auto correct is killing me.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Some fans feel entitled to behave in a bad way simply because they spend money. On tickets. On gear. On ExtraInnings, NFLTicket, NBAPass or NHLCenterIce. But that's been happening forever, long before the advent of TV or the internet. We've all heard the stories of Ty Cobb going into the stands and brutally beating a fan (handicapped at that). Hockey players have stopped going into the stands but that happened with regularity in the 60's and 70's. Hell on sports forums some fans feel entitled to trash players or coaches 'because they've been a fan forever and have spend thousands over the years'. It's not about the money. It's not about the loyalty. It's about the anger and lack of any self control. Under the proper circumstances a fan getting his ass whipped by a player might go a long way to quelling bad behavior....provided the law didn't reward him damages. But it will.
Honestly? I think it's this whole bullshit "reality" tv and social media rot. People think it's their "job" to get noticed.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Honestly? I think it's this whole bullshit "reality" tv and social media rot. People think it's their "job" to get noticed.
That doesn't help, for sure.

On the amusing side, I have a friend who's a die hard Dolphin fan (poor guy). When Shula was set to pass Halas vs. the Eagles in Philly, he got tickets and said "watch the game...once it's a done deal I'm going to run onto the field". The Dolphins won and late in the 4th he did run onto the field in his Miami gear. After the game, he calls and asks, "did you see me?". Dumb shit should know they don't show those idiots on TV!!! He got fined $250 and claims it was worth it, though the only people who saw him were in the stadium.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think many of us are bewildered by the 15 minutes of fame seekers. @RamFan503 amazing how discipline has been treated as a negative for a child but poor young adult behavior is ignored?

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Another idiot tonight. “Fan” throws water bottle at Kyrie Irving. Another instance for criminal charges ad permanent ban from stadium IMO.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
As I always understood it the whole discipline-ass kicking thing was to tell your kid that if you act like this in public you could get your ass kicked. Never attract negative attention to yourself. These days kids think "No one's gonna take away my phone or give me a time out" so they act out in public. I would swift kick that 9-year old's ass. And I don't like smacking kids... just assholes of any age. Timeouts my ass.