Falcons willing to move up from No. 6 in Round One

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I don't think Atlanta moves personally. I think they stay and take BPA.

Atlanta could use a new OLT(Robinson/Matthews) a pass rusher OLB'er(Mack). There is a very good chance that one of the three will be there @ #6. Makes little sense to trade if you can get such talent staying put.

Last edited:

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Atlanta could use a new OLT(Robinson/Matthews) a pass rusher OLB'er(Mack). There is a very good chance that one of the four will be there @ #6. Makes little sense to trade if you can get such talent staying put.

I agree with you and Mulder. For a while I have been projecting a trade with Atlanta, but as time goes by, it makes less and less sense. Could still happen, but they are almost guaranteed one of Matthews/Robinson/Mack for staying put.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
The thing about trade ups is rarely the need to move up to get a high talent but to move up to get THE GUY the team is targeting. We don't know what anybody's draft board looks like and anybody could move anywhere to get who they are in love with at any stage of a draft. I mean the Rams could trade with Houston if they get tunnel vision on Clowney and think Houston may pick him. My guess is someone, more likely a few someones, will be trying to get that #2 pick especially if Houston takes a QB. Snead and Fisher only have to pick the best trade in their eyes and make it work like a charm. Sure, there are GMs and coaches out there that won't move because they feel this is a deep draft and their team has too many holes to fill but trust that there are some that feel they are THAT one player away at THAT position.

Am I the onlly one dying to see that new Kevin Costner movie about the draft coming out next month?????? What a perfect release time for a movie! :cool:(y)

VARAMS

UDFA
Name
Dano
If no trade for 1.2 - got to go with best player available. Sammy Watkins or Clowney would be best available. We can pick up another good OL later in the draft.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I don't think Atlanta moves personally. I think they stay and take BPA.
I could even envision ATL trading down for say, an Eric Ebron or Mike Evans(with T.Gonzales gone)...and then addressing the pass rush, OLine and RB later with additional picks. They made a few FA moves that gave them some flexibility. OG J.Asamoah,DE Tyson Jackson, OL Gabe Carimi(JAG for depth), and NT Paul Soliai.
Agreed. Or they could just as easily move in the other direction if they can't afford to move up for Clowney or Mack(if both are off the board).

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Atl wants Clowney. We want lots of picks. So it'll depend on what Houston does at #1.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
yea - you're not getting him at 13

That's a good point. A lot of the mocks have him around the #10 spot, plus or minus.

I still don't think we need yet another WR until we find out what we have on the roster. But I respect your opinion.