Facing the Abyss

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack

That is uncanny. LOL

With the weather in Florida being what it is, I dunno if I'm just getting more sensitive to pressure changes as I get older or if the pressure has really been on more of a roller coaster this spring/summer, but my migraines and cluster headaches have been really crappy.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Yes and no. On one hand, I feel your Carl Sagan pale blue coconut dot view point.

On the other hand when facing the abyss, I find the First Law of Thermal Dynamics comforting.
The law of conservation of energy states that the total energy of an isolated system is constant; energy can be transformed from one form to another, but can be neither created nor destroyed.

That means Loyal Ram's atoms existed since the beginning of the Universe! Loyal Ram's matter and energy can not be destroyed! What a wonderful thought.

Those aren't our atoms, we're just renting them from the universe.;)

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Yes and no. On one hand, I feel your Carl Sagan pale blue coconut dot view point.

On the other hand when facing the abyss, I find the First Law of Thermal Dynamics comforting.
The law of conservation of energy states that the total energy of an isolated system is constant; energy can be transformed from one form to another, but can be neither created nor destroyed.

That means Loyal Ram's atoms existed since the beginning of the Universe! Loyal Ram's matter and energy can not be destroyed! What a wonderful thought.

Long time no see stranger.........I hope all has been well.

fearsomefour

Legend
That is uncanny. LOL

With the weather in Florida being what it is, I dunno if I'm just getting more sensitive to pressure changes as I get older or if the pressure has really been on more of a roller coaster this spring/summer, but my migraines and cluster headaches have been really crappy.
Hey Mac, like the picture, did you see the new Doc on him?

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I went back to school while working full time. I graduate in a month.
Congrats! That's the way I did it and I think it is probably the most rewarding way. You certainly appreciate it more.

RamsAndEwe

Rookie
Congrats...What sort of degree?

Appreciate the Attagirl's Loyal Ram, Ramhusker, and Mr. Les Baker. Bachelor of Science in Nursing. I plan to focus on wound care.

Yes, Ramhusker. I found working and school extremely rewarding. Nice to surprise oneself. In addition, I enjoyed my electives. Classes such as Philosophy, Evolution, and Anthropology.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Hey Mac, like the picture, did you see the new Doc on him?

I really want to. I grew up with him on the TV in the early 70s and he's one of my exemplars when it comes to living with grace and dignity and compassion.

I know I will unapologetically cry like a baby when I see it and I couldn't care less.

I think he's an example for us all.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Those aren't our atoms, we're just renting them from the universe.;)

As a total aside, scientists studying space found that "space" isn't totally empty. They found traces of ketones.

That's what gives Raspberries their flavor.

Hence...the universe tastes like Raspberries.

I find great comfort in that.

"And at the great time of reckoning, the All Powerful Buttered Toast will sweep through the universe, collected all the Raspberry jam and consume itself...with a nice hot pot of Camomile tea."

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
I went back to school while working full time. I graduate in a month.

That's so wonderful. I would love to go back to school, but as a disabled vet, I'm not allowed to take any kind of class that could potentially lead to employment...even if I get accommodations and don't use any education benefits or government subsidy. I can watch tv and go brain dead, but I can't audit a class in Japanese... /shrug.

So, I'm excited when I hear that others who can, even if it's difficult, go back and do it.

God Bless. As someone who's sorta an expert in patient care from the patient end, I've always respected my nurses more than most doctors.

Nurses are good people.

fearsomefour

Legend
I really want to. I grew up with him on the TV in the early 70s and he's one of my exemplars when it comes to living with grace and dignity and compassion.

I know I will unapologetically cry like a baby when I see it and I couldn't care less.

I think he's an example for us all.
I remember him being on when I was a kid, reruns and stuff. I was never that into it, but, the preview I saw looked really good. Compelling. Sometimes the simple truths of caring about other people just because they are people is best delivered in a simple way.
Looking forward to watching it.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Mr. Rogers was my childhood. I don't know if I'll be able to see the movie because I'll ugly-cry, like, five minutes in, most likely, lawl.