Every time Austin Pettis was targeted in 2012

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jap

Legend
I DO think it would help for Austin to muscle up more.Some of these jokers wearing '9ers/'Hawks uni's act like they want to knock the snot out of him in their effort to separate him from the ball.

Very good hands, reflexes, and concentration!

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
DR RAM said:
Mad, mad amount of work, and very professionally done. All of these are great.

Now, can you do one of every time the left guard pulled to the right, when only wearing blue pants??? JK.

One thing that jumps out at me, is how sensational some of the throws are, and how much Sam has improved moving within the pocket.

As far as Pettis goes, he really pops at getting separation in a small area. I would venture to say that what he does is very rare for a person his size. That is why he is a great target at or around the goal line. He would play well in the slot.
I agree. Sometimes it takes watching replays of the season to see just how accurate his throws are. I watched the Givens video, there was a long one to Givens and I was just shocked at how perfect the throw was-perfect touch, placement and timing. If he continues to progress he'll be a top 5 QB for sure.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
brokeu91 said:
DR RAM said:

Now, can you do one of every time the left guard pulled to the right, when only wearing blue pants??? JK.

One thing that jumps out at me, is how sensational some of the throws are, and how much Sam has improved moving within the pocket.

As far as Pettis goes, he really pops at getting separation in a small area. I would venture to say that what he does is very rare for a person his size. That is why he is a great target at or around the goal line. He would play well in the slot.
I agree. Sometimes it takes watching replays of the season to see just how accurate his throws are. I watched the Givens video, there was a long one to Givens and I was just shocked at how perfect the throw was-perfect touch, placement and timing. If he continues to progress he'll be a top 5 QB for sure.
So many throws to list, but a couple of them to Gibby were ridiculous, maybe 6 QB's in the league can make those throws, and there were more.

X, though, just kicks major, fucking ass, he is a ONE of a kind.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
DR RAM said:
brokeu91 said:
DR RAM said:

So many throws to list, but a couple of them to Gibby were ridiculous, maybe 6 QB's in the league can make those throws, and there were more.

X, though, just kicks major, freaking ass, he is a ONE of a kind.
I agree on both points

Hey X, how long did it take you to make those videos?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
brokeu91 said:
DR RAM said:
brokeu91 said:
DR RAM said:

I agree on both points

Thanks, fellers.

They take about 4-6 hours a piece, depending on the amount of plays and the editing involved.
Uploading to YouTube is in itself a-whole-nother thing.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
X said:
brokeu91 said:
DR RAM said:
brokeu91 said:
DR RAM said:

I agree on both points

Thanks, fellers.

They take about 4-6 hours a piece, depending on the amount of plays and the editing involved.
Uploading to YouTube is in itself a-whole-nother thing.
Well, strong work. I don't think my fiance would permit me to spend 4-6 hours on a video, so you should thank your wife. In fact, we should all thank your wife.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
brokeu91 said:
Well, strong work. I don't think my fiance would permit me to spend 4-6 hours on a video, so you should thank your wife. In fact, we should all thank your wife.

Good pernt. Thank you Mrs. X for letting your husband play and provide us with such excellent resources.

So Paulie - once again - great work. Love it love it LOVE IT!

Two things really stand out to me about Pettis - his left hand and his right hand. Nyuk nyuk nyuk

Seriously though. He catches some balls that look like they're going to pull his shoulders out of their sockets. I really have to wonder why he only ended up with 261 yards. On many of these plays you see pretty good to great separation and yet thinking back, I recall him not getting much.

Another thing that strikes me is that he is really aware of the first down marker - unlike during his rookie year.

It's going to be interesting to see what unfolds over the next week or so. Think about it. He might very well be our most experienced receiver at the end of FA.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
brokeu91 said:
Thanks. She's kinda hooked on that Jodi Arias trial, so it gives me free time to do this.
Once that trial is over, then it's back to spending quality time with the little woman.

Lance Kendricks coming up next (in about 3 hours or so).