Every NFL Team's Most Promising Building Block Entering 2019

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
https://bleacherreport.com/articles...romising-building-block-entering-2019#slide18

Los Angeles Rams: S John Johnson III

1. John Johnson III can line up at both safety positions, possessing the physical tools to excel closer to the box or in deep coverage. He matched 11 pass breakups from his rookie campaign and added four interceptions last year. The 23-year-old also ranked second on the Los Angeles Rams in solo tackles (82).

Johnson knows what he brings to the field extends beyond the average NFL safety. According to The Athletic's Vincent Bonsignore, he's aiming for a Pro Bowl invite.

"I think I deserve it. That's the only problem," Johnson said. "If I thought I was reaching for it, that would be one thing. But I'm right there, so I really want to accomplish it."

Johnson isn't cocky; he's aware of his top-notch coverage skills. The Los Angeles defensive back ranks second in pass breakups (22) among players at his position over the last two years.

If Johnson maintains his steady play in the secondary, he'll move from Pro-Bowl snub to undeniable standout for multiple seasons.

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He is becoming one of my favorite Rams. I believe he didn't have a single penalty against him last year.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What's ironic is when JJ gets the Pro Bowl nod he's gonna have to not go. Because the Rams will be tuning up for the Super Bowl. :D

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
One of my favorite Rams. JJ3 has done nothing but kick butt since he got on the field. Great tackler with a nose for the ball, I'm glad he's finally getting some ink.
Funny thing about winning, your good players who aren't household names, get the chance to become one.