ESPN: Website Structure Change

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I've basically stopped going since all of the articles I wanted to read you had to pay for (which I refused to do). Since then they've become increasingly biased and self-promoting to the point that I can't even watch ESPN anymore (only time is when a team I like is playing).
Yup. I use the yahoo sports app on my phone for scores and Rotoworld for news. Or more importantly, here

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
It was a mess and still is a mess.

This day and age people want simple interfaces.

But more than half their shit is useless shit and opinions of people I don't care about.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
As I have stated so many times, the "Four-Letter" Network is just irritating in general. Too many so-called "analysts" who get paid to talk and talk and talk about nothing important. You can even watch sports center without having multiple interruptions after a hi-light and one of their analysts talking about a 15 second clip for 5 minutes or more. What used to be a full hour of hi-lights and news is now 15 minutes of hi-lights and news AND 45 minutes of "know-it-all's" spewing their knowledge. Skip Bayless, Stephen A. Smith, Trent "Dilrod" Dilfer, are just a couple whom drive me crazy. And the worst thing is they continue to put these guys in front of a camera.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Anybody suddenly getting a different look on ESPN's front page?

For some reason I find it irritating.

I hate it Athos. It's all over the place and confusing. Seems no real flow to it. Real eye sore.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I seldom go their, after checking out the NEW structure, it's just another reason not to frequent the place!

Athos

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
As I have stated so many times, the "Four-Letter" Network is just irritating in general. Too many so-called "analysts" who get paid to talk and talk and talk about nothing important. You can even watch sports center without having multiple interruptions after a hi-light and one of their analysts talking about a 15 second clip for 5 minutes or more. What used to be a full hour of hi-lights and news is now 15 minutes of hi-lights and news AND 45 minutes of "know-it-all's" spewing their knowledge. Skip Bayless, Stephen A. Smith, Trent "Dilrod" Dilfer, are just a couple whom drive me crazy. And the worst thing is they continue to put these guys in front of a camera.

No one is worse than Chris fucking Berman.

As my friend once told me, Berman is the human embodiment of everything wrong with America.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
No one is worse than Chris freaking Berman.

As my friend once told me, Berman is the human embodiment of everything wrong with America.

True. His fame from his early year's, at espn, has made him impossible to watch. He's extremely loud and obnoxious. Every time I hear him say, "Back, Back, Back, Back...Gone" just nauseates me. He's a huge reason I never watch their Sunday NFL pregame/post-game shows. There was a program I saw one time (can't remember what it was) and he was dropping the f-bomb on everyone during commercial breaks. He is a giant turd. I will admit, there aren't many other sportscasters I can stand either.

I wish networks would just provide the game and have the radio sportscasters do the actual play-by-play. Most of these guys present the game in a straight-forward manner and the color commentators bring some decent info too. These guys don't make it all about them.

Athos

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I will admit, there aren't many other sportscasters I can stand either.

Vin Sully is one of the best. Love Bob Costas too.

Dan Schulman has probably become my favorite though. He's the shit. Doesn't get carried away with pointless BS.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Anybody suddenly getting a different look on ESPN's front page?

For some reason I find it irritating.

yessir, i find it irritating as well. even almost a month later. the only reason i can stand to look at it is because i used AdBlocker to get rid of the garbage on both sides of the website making it somewhat readable now. however, it still has the same writers and bloggers so LOOKS arent everything.;)

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I all but stopped watching/reading ESPN crap years ago. I was using it for quick stats and that's all.

Time to swear it off entirely.

I hate 24/7 anything.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
the best scam they have is trying to get you to become an "insider" and spend money unnecessarily for information thats free elsewhere. the american way.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I've listened to Vin Scu
Vin Sully is one of the best. Love Bob Costas too.

Dan Schulman has probably become my favorite though. He's the crap. Doesn't get carried away with pointless BS.

I love Scully but Costas has gotten on my nerves a bit the past few years...Seems to me that he has gotten a bit too full of himself...Just my opinion , of course...I really, really dislike the new page set-up...It used to be much easier to just check some scores real quic,k which is about all I do there..I do agree that Berman might be the most irritating man on Earth...

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Looks good on my phone, but I rarely visit that site anyway so it doesn't matter.

jjab360

Legend
Yeah. It's boring, weird, and I don't like it. Good thing I never go on their website.