Elon Musk / Starship

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I'm a total SpaceX geek and eat this shit up. I wish the FAA would stop fucking with him so they could get the first test flight of Starship/Super Heavy off the ground.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The things his companies come up with are simply amazing and I can't wait to see this come to life.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Very interesting! Thanks for that! I never think about astronaut health due to gravity. It'd be awful if they made it to Mars only to not have the health to commence the missions.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The things his companies come up with are simply amazing and I can't wait to see this come to life.
Yeah this guy is a hell of a model American. He's got vision, business savvy, and perhaps most importantly massive cajones. :thumbsup1:

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Yeah this guy is a hell of a model American. He's got vision, business savvy, and perhaps most importantly massive cajones. :thumbsup1:

The guy also went and taught himself rocket science and engineering. And as far as cajones, stating that he would make rockets re-usable took major league cajones at the time he did it. Nowadays, it's only news when one of his booster stages doesn't land successfully. The amount of innovation is staggering.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It never ceases to amaze me how they can do this, and even more so, how absolutely routine they have made it.
Absolutely and add to that none of the space agencies came close to this that Ive seen.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Absolutely and add to that none of the space agencies came close to this that Ive seen.

Nope, they sure haven't. And NASA is going to have to move the SLS back into the garage (so to speak) because it's failed 3 on-pad tests. This after $23 billion and decades in development.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It is really hard to wrap my mind around. Watching them land that always makes me think of science fiction movies. It just looks fake to me. And I think most of that is because my mind tells me it's just not physically possible.
The first time I heard they were trying this I laughed. The first time I saw it I thought fake! Now it just makes me wonder what’s next from this guys people.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
The first time I heard they were trying this I laughed. The first time I saw it I thought fake! Now it just makes me wonder what’s next from this guys people.
About the same here. They're going to do what? RIGHT!

THAT's not real.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Borg.....errr.... Neauralink

6udnktA.jpg

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The guy also went and taught himself rocket science and engineering. And as far as cajones, stating that he would make rockets re-usable took major league cajones at the time he did it. Nowadays, it's only news when one of his booster stages doesn't land successfully. The amount of innovation is staggering.
No doubt. And can you imagine how long it would take NASA to figure that technology out, with the politicians shitting their pants and politicizing every failure? He probably shot our space program forward 20+ years and maybe more. We went from a stale and stagnant space program to a program that is in the lead in efficiency/cost due in large part to the reusability. :thumbsup1:

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
No doubt. And can you imagine how long it would take NASA to figure that technology out, with the politicians shitting their pants and politicizing every failure? He probably shot our space program forward 20+ years and maybe more. We went from a stale and stagnant space program to a program that is in the lead in efficiency/cost due in large part to the reusability. :thumbsup1:

That's precisely it - Musk and SpaceX are not afraid to fail. In fact, they welcome it because that's how they refine their designs and make such incredible progress. Not having to worry about politicians has been a boon to not only SpaceX, but numerous new space companies.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik