Edge Rushers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

rams56

Bleeding Rams Blue and Gold
Name
Steve
I am actually excited about Ebukam and Longacre on the edge. You always try to up grade of course weather it's starters or depth..... but I think Ebukam will be a star this year surrounded by all the talent on this defense and with the experience he gained last year. As for Longacre.. he is a work hard technician type, who's athletic ability won't wow you....but he gets the job done... and was having a pretty good year sack wise before he got hurt in his part time role.

Go Rams....... ;)

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I'll say it right now... I like Holland better than any of the first round guys like Landry.

I think Holland could explode like Von Miller...no joke.

Honestly, if we trade up for him, I'm not even mad. Dude's gonna be a beast if they put him in the Rush role like Miller for any 3-4. I think he'd be underutilized in a 4-3.

So, yeah, I think he could be a freaking STAR in a 3-4.
He has got to be on their radar now ,if not, the whole time. I think he can be had at 3-23 but, like you, wouldn't be mad if we trade up a little to grab him. This draft is still going to be fun even though there is no 1st or 2nd round picks for the Rams.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
With our current situation, I'm now expecting a trade into the late 2nd round to make sure we get Shaquem Griffin. Then later we will draft a more traditional OLB and some backup OL.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Jeff Holland

Agreed! And, I would double down in the 6th round with Joe Ostman from Central Michigan ; 6'2" 253lbs ; 4.80/40 ; 7.02 3-cone ; 31 reps @ 225lbs ; 12 sacks in 2017 along with 20 TFL

I am surprised that there hasn't been a "buzz" about Ostman about his performance in '17 and his work in the East/West Shrine. The only knock on him is his short arms. He is stout against the run and has a mix of moves to get to the QB.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGkfK8UINEA

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Sounds like Ebukam is going to be getting a lot of snaps - they like what they have there. The other side could be more of a mixed bag.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Nothing, apparently.

Did the Rams ever express interest or was it just fan/media conjecture?

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Whatever happened with Junior Galette??
The Rams 2018 salary bank account is empty ...matter of fact its in the RED after the ...Brandon Cooks hit is $8.5 million. Didn't take long for Demoff & Snead to blow through all that cap space.

Wonder when we see Kayvon Webster, Mark Barron or Rodger Saffold released?

Last edited:

MachS

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
To me it's not that we only lost Quinn and Barwin. Our edge pressure was bad last year. IMO outside of our run D it was the worst part of our defense. It's looking to be worse this year based on personel.

I get how the inside pressure will be dominant but we need to keep them honest on the outside.

MachS

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yea if we can find a gem or two in rounds 3-4 I think Wade can work his magic. One cheap veteran addition would make me feel a bit better.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
I'm really hoping for Holland, but, I feel like he will be gone by our pick. Surely other teams GMs can see his tape and production.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'll say it right now... I like Holland better than any of the first round guys like Landry.

I think Holland could explode like Von Miller...no joke.

Honestly, if we trade up for him, I'm not even mad. Dude's gonna be a beast if they put him in the Rush role like Miller for any 3-4. I think he'd be underutilized in a 4-3.

So, yeah, I think he could be a freaking STAR in a 3-4.

I don't think he's that sort of athlete, but I think he can be a lot like Elvis Dumervil.

Billy Baroo

How about a Fresca?
The Rams 2018 salary bank account is empty ...matter of fact its in the RED after the ...Brandon Cooks hit is $8.5 million. Didn't take long for Demoff & Snead to blow through all that cap space.

Saffold?? Hahaha!!

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River

LOL at Saffold being released. :wtf:

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I don't think he's that sort of athlete, but I think he can be a lot like Elvis Dumervil.

I'd honestly be good with either.

I think he's sneaky good at navigating the pocket traffic and finding the QB.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

We aren't desperate to release anyone. As @flv has said, the cap isn't year to year. You can move money back and forth between years.

Justin15w

UDFA
Name
justin15w
Stupid question: so is Westbrooks suspended? What's the deal with his gun case? Why is he not in this convo?

Last edited:

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Stupid question: so is Westbrooks suspended? Why is he not in this convo?

Not suspended, just not starter material as he was never really meant to be unless under some sub-packages. He's been an adequate back-up behind Donald and proved last season that he should also be a reliable back-up behind Suh, as he was surprisingly effective in the middle, ... his only real failure was on the left side which prompted Brockers to swap positions with Westbrooks. At this point I have to believe he is well ahead of Walker, Smart & Fox for remaining on the roster, but he is basically a reserve or rotational player imo.