Eagles fire Chip Kelly

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

VilleDeal

UDFA
I was hoping i could beat the first to say "could he come here"...fcol... I didn't quite make it.
Let's just don't go there. He is a cancer in the pro game.

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
Why would you do this with one more game left? At least just let the guy finish out the year. I don't get why guys get fired late in a season. Won't change anything.

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
Remember when it was such a huge move for the Eagles to get him out of the college ranks at Oregon and into the big leagues?

This still blows my mind.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Several of us. Doesn't necessarily matter to our team but many have followed his story as one might expect.

Fair enough, I guess when they are no longer donning horns I don't care anymore, but that's just me. I wanted to him stay healthy for his own sake, but also because it benefited the Rams and I wanted them to lose every game too for that very same reason.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Have to figure Kelly gave up on the team and was mailing it in. No good reason to let him go before the final game.
Wonder if the Giants announce Coughlin retirement next

nighttrain

Legend
Fair enough, I guess when they are no longer donning horns I don't care anymore, but that's just me. I wanted to stay healthy for his own sake, but also because it benefited the Rams and I wanted them to lose every game too for that very same reason.
Same with me, no horns, no care
train

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I'm always pretty interested in the Eagles myself.

Have you ever spent time in Philadelphia? I get it though there are some teams that I find interest in more from a coaching perspective and I am interested to see what direction the Eagles go in for their next Head Coach.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Fair enough, I guess when they are no longer donning horns I don't care anymore, but that's just me. I wanted to him stay healthy for his own sake, but also because it benefited the Rams and I wanted them to lose every game too for that very same reason.
I'm mostly in the same boat with you. I just follow out of curiosity and the fact that I really thought when we drafted him, we were done with our QB search for many years. I too wanted him to lose pretty much every game as long as he took over 50% of the snaps this season.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He's probably headed to Tennessee to coach Mariota.

I'll be surprised if that happens. Chip's ego led to him demanding personnel control. I don't think it'll be any different in Tennessee.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I'm mostly in the same boat with you. I just follow out of curiosity and the fact that I really thought when we drafted him, we were done with our QB search for many years. I too wanted him to lose pretty much every game as long as he took over 50% of the snaps this season.

Agreed, but in fairness I did want him to experience some success and I guess I was just bitter because he refused to restructure his contract after the Rams stuck with him for two years, but I guess business is business.

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
Have you ever spent time in Philadelphia? I get it though there are some teams that I find interest in more from a coaching perspective and I am interested to see what direction the Eagles go in for their next Head Coach.

Spent time there? No. Just enjoy watching them and have enjoyed it since McNabb and Reid were there. Just a fun team to watch in my opinion. Not so much this year though.

Their Head Coach search will be interesting for sure. Thinking they might go with a coach that has more of a defensive background this time around. Maybe a Teryl Austin from Detroit or maybe someone will finally poach some of our staff. Not that I want any of our defensive coaches gone but you think a guy like Mike Waulfe would get consideration for a position due to his track record with the Rams, Giants, even the Raiders. Then again, perhaps they rehash a former HC. Heard Holmgren might get back into coaching.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I'll be surprised if that happens. Chip's ego led to him demanding personnel control. I don't think it'll be any different in Tennessee.

Back to college most likely and it will take a year unless a big name goes to the NFL.

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA
Why would you do this with one more game left? At least just let the guy finish out the year. I don't get why guys get fired late in a season. Won't change anything.

I think he knew the firing was coming and asked for early release, probably has a college job lined up and it will be announced to get big press with college bowl games going on.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think he knew the firing was coming and asked for early release, probably has a college job lined up and it will be announced to get big press with college bowl games going on.
Maybe the Michigan job when Harbaugh leaves them to coach his boy in Indianapolis

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Yes.... Pat Shurmur and Sam Bradford are the answer.... Yes

image.jpg