Duane Brown to Seahawks

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That a lot for a middle of the road 32 year old LT who's not in good form at mid season.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
Didn't this guy just barely report to the team. . . Has been a hold out thus far? Or am I thinking a different player in the league.

From what I can see his first game of the season was this past week vs. the Seahawks. Am I missing something?

So now the guy has been a hold out. Maybe out of shape that has yet to be seen. And now moving to a new team.

Guess he'll probably at least be trying to earn that money!

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I seem to remember Clark had the highest pff grade for an edge rusher on the year against him last week.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
First It appears that well seasoned veteran OL'ers who have pro bowls pasts have high great value. Each year by year the NFL teams find it very difficult to get these young talented LT's up to par to be effective.

Brown brings fresh body & legs here helps this team that sits on top of the NFC west once again. Giving up a 2nd & 3rd draft picks tips this trade to tilt to costly addition IMO. Seabirds have an ability to find & field outstanding defensive players, however they have not had the same luck in the OL unit.

The most improved Ram unit is the OL cadre. Last season the average seasons our 5 OL'ers averaged less than 4 seasons per OL'er. This season the average went up to over 7 seasons per OL'er.

Last edited:

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
I'm curious what you think the excuse would be if they didn't have him and lost. In that scenario it would be the same team that beat us before, so it's not like they could really use any kind of excuse besides "our team (or a part thereof) sucks, so your win didn't really count." Honestly.
Then the better team won both games. We beat ourselves the last outing, anyone with any decent amount of football knowledge knows that. But if they beat us again then they are the better team. If we lose in the same fashion again, then i think its more of a mental aspect that we need to get over when it comes to Seattle.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Then the better team won both games. We beat ourselves the last outing, anyone with any decent amount of football knowledge knows that. But if they beat us again then they are the better team. If we lose in the same fashion again, then i think its more of a mental aspect that we need to get over when it comes to Seattle.

Right, I get that. You said you were glad the got him because you didn't want to hear excuses if we beat them. I just didn't see any excuse they could use, seeing as they already beat us with the team they had before him. Not having him wouldn't provide any excuses, because it already worked for them once.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
That a lot for a middle of the road 32 year old LT who's not in good form at mid season.

Yeah; it's one of those trades you like today but hate come draft day - if you're a Seattle fan.

jap

Legend
Most insiders thought it was going to be the Eagles or Seahawks that pulled the trigger.

It was an excellent move by Seattle but it doesn't change my opinion that they're the now best team in the NFC.

That will be decided in December and I'm confident our squad can still to toe to toe with any team in the NFL.

. . . as long as they play fundamentally sound ball. I do not have the confidence in our 2017 Horns like I did with the 1999 Horns. We are still the second youngest team in the NFL. The 1999 bunch was a nice mix of savvy veterans and smart youth. I really want to see our Horns pull it all together for a 2017 Super Bowl victory. However, the mistakes have to be minimized. Rookies and other young 'uns will make mistakes and go through growing pains---that's part of development. This coaching staff appears to be doing an excellent job of keeping this young squad focused on a single game at a time. As the defensive focus intensifies, as the offensive scheming becomes more reliable (read that: get & keep Sammy & Jared on the same page at all times!!!), as the special teams continues to roll & improve as the NFL's all around best, this team can literally become a true juggernaut. In the playoffs it only takes one error-filled game to ground us for the season, so these young kids have to grow up fast during the final stretch and minimize major errors by come post season.

Last edited:

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
Right, I get that. You said you were glad the got him because you didn't want to hear excuses if we beat them. I just didn't see any excuse they could use, seeing as they already beat us with the team they had before him. Not having him wouldn't provide any excuses, because it already worked for them once.
Its not just other fans of seattle, its football fans in general. I mean look what happened after we beat the Cowboys, everyone said we would have lost if Sean Lee wasn't injured. We blew out the Cards and the Colts and the friends i talk football with talk about we only did it bc they are that bad. Yet their team played the same teams but didnt blow them out.

That's just how I look at it. I want to see this team against the best teams possible. That's how you truly evaluate how good a team is.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/11/01/seahawks-cut-isaiah-battle/

Seahawks cut Isaiah Battle
Posted by Charean Williams on November 1, 2017

The Seahawks waived offensive tackle Isaiah Battle to make room for new left tackle Duane Brown. Battle did not play in his seven games with the team.

Battle entered the league as a fifth-round supplemental pick of the Rams in 2015. Seattle obtained him in a trade with the Chiefs on Sept. 2, giving up a conditional 2018 seventh-round choice.