Drop Rate - WRs

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Stats are manipulative, but this is another reason why we need Watkins. Bradford cannot throw to Watkins if he's on his back, but Bradford will hold the ball too long and end up on his back if he continues to look off futile receivers.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Stats are manipulative, but this is another reason why we need Watkins. Bradford cannot throw to Watkins if he's on his back, but Bradford will hold the ball too long and end up on his back if he continues to look off futile receivers.
Ah - if only he had time to look off said "futile receivers".

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Watkins isn't the only talented WR in this draft that can catch the football...just saying. Plus, there are some guys with high drop rates that I'd love to have in St. Louis...like Brandon Marshall and Vincent Jackson.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Great post PT! :seizure:[/QUOTE]
Can I just say that THIS [:seizure:] thing is fucking annoying?

Alan

Legend
RamFan503 spotting the good stuff:
Can I just say that THIS [:seizure:] thing is freaking annoying?
One of its best qualities. :ROFLMAO: Great isn't it?

Alan

Legend
It hypnotizes you too. You have no idea how many free cases of your beer you've sent me. :ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

RamsOfCastamere

Watkins isn't the only talented WR in this draft that can catch the football...just saying. Plus, there are some guys with high drop rates that I'd love to have in St. Louis...like Brandon Marshall and Vincent Jackson.

I would love them, too, but they aren't options right now, and catching is not the only intangible (do not interpret as a dick). If we draft a WR, I want the best one in the class, not someone that would be on par with what we have. Also, I think a 2nd rd DB/lineman will produce more for us than a 2nd rd WR.

And for the record, I am a big supporter of the guys we have and expect improvement next year, but I do not think we have an elite, outside, go-to receiver that can deliver when in double-coverage and/or heavily contested situations. I do not want to wait and hope Quick develops into that guy next season when we can get the guy now. If Quick does become VJ/BM, good for us!

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
16m1vgp.jpg

You will catch the damn ball. Obey my dog!!!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I would love them, too, but they aren't options right now, and catching is not the only intangible (do not interpret as a dick). If we draft a WR, I want the best one in the class, not someone that would be on par with what we have. Also, I think a 2nd rd DB/lineman will produce more for us than a 2nd rd WR.

And for the record, I am a big supporter of the guys we have and expect improvement next year, but I do not think we have an elite, outside, go-to receiver that can deliver when in double-coverage and/or heavily contested situations. I do not want to wait and hope Quick develops into that guy next season when we can get the guy now. If Quick does become VJ/BM, good for us!
Yeah. Even though I prefer Evans to Watkins. This is pretty much where I am as well.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Except that logic is a bit flawed. I'd have to go through and do the research but just off the top of my head, I think...at minimum...the odds are just as good that you find a productive WR in the second round over the last decade or so as a productive DB or lineman.

Plus, that ignores the strength of his particular draft. And one of this draft's biggest strengths is how deep and talented the WR position is.

So no, I don't think the Watkins or bust approach is a good one. But you're entitled to your opinion.

Issue here is that really isn't Watkins's game. Not to say he can't make tough catches but that's much more Mike Evans's game. Watkins is an explosive deep threat that can create after the catch. Evans is the physical, big WR that will make difficult catches in heavily contested situations.

Watkins isn't Anquan Boldin or Larry Fitzgerald. He's not going to be that guy that consistently makes the catch with defenders draped all over him. But that really wouldn't be why you'd draft him anyways.

RamsOfCastamere

Except that logic is a bit flawed. I'd have to go through and do the research but just off the top of my head, I think...at minimum...the odds are just as good that you find a productive WR in the second round over the last decade or so as a productive DB or lineman.

Plus, that ignores the strength of his particular draft. And one of this draft's biggest strengths is how deep and talented the WR position is.

So no, I don't think the Watkins or bust approach is a good one. But you're entitled to your opinion.

Issue here is that really isn't Watkins's game. Not to say he can't make tough catches but that's much more Mike Evans's game. Watkins is an explosive deep threat that can create after the catch. Evans is the physical, big WR that will make difficult catches in heavily contested situations.

Watkins isn't Anquan Boldin or Larry Fitzgerald. He's not going to be that guy that consistently makes the catch with defenders draped all over him. But that really wouldn't be why you'd draft him anyways.
joe03.jpg

Stop busting my balls, jrry

moklerman

Warner-phile
jrry32 said:
I'd say Watkins is very akin to Boldin while Evans is like Fitzgerald. That's why I've been torn about which one I'd like for the Rams. Boldin is great at moving the chains and occasionally busting a long one and Watkins seems to be that type considering how many catches he had close to the line of scrimmage. That type of receiver seems to fit what the Rams have been doing.

But, they need a guy to fill the role that Quick was supposed to fill and that would be Evans. He seems to have a knack of coming down with the ball and using his body for positioning well so I could easily see him as the pick too.

It'll be interesting to see if the Rams actually do go after a WR as it seems to me they are hell-bent on making Quick work out and I just don't see much of a future for him as a full time starter.