DRAFT Day one: Rd 1

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Peter Schraeger saying on Good Morning Football that the player we were considering moving up for was indeed Brock Bowers.
Kind of makes you wonder IF Atlanta didn’t grab Penix, would Vegas have?

Then Bowers would have slid closer. Damn. I would have LOVED him in horns.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
We restart tonight at 7pm ET!

MSN

The 2024 NFL Draft will take place from April 25-27. The specific start times (Eastern) for the next two days are as follows:
  • Friday, April 26: Rounds 2-3 (7 p.m.)
  • Saturday, April 27: Rounds 4-7 (12 p.m.)

RamsFan4Life

Starter
Fuck. Why do I suddenly not hate the guy?

This generally does happen to me when enemy opponents retire. Happened with Joe Montana, happened with Larry Bird. They exit the game and you miss your team going up against them. You reflect back years later and appreciate them in the context of the greatest who ever did it - and you witnessed it.

I just didn't expect it to happen so quickly with Bill.

Sports hate isn't genuine hate. Go figure.
My Bellicheat, Twatwaffle Terrell, anything Detroit Dead Things or Anaheim Miserable F*cks, and Steinbrenner/Yankee hate is real and will keep me warm till my end.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Kind of makes you wonder IF Atlanta didn’t grab Penix, would Vegas have?

Then Bowers would have slid closer. Damn. I would have LOVED him in horns.
With Verse, we helped your health by halving your booze intake. Now you have more MD 20/20 for tonight!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
This is a team in win now mode that just spent the number 8 pick on a 24 year old quarterback that might not play for 3-4 seasons.
He will start by next season or he will bust.

Your 3-4 season thing is very funny to me and I don't see any QB in this draft requiring 3-4 seasons to be ready. Only way that would happen is if he's fucking Russian and has to learn English as part of that 3-4 season span.

So whichever "expert" you are listening to who is trotting that shit out there... Suggest you listen to someone else.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

This will be my last post belaboring this Penix nonsense. But I just want to say it is going to be very enjoyable to watch this unfold and the media to see how wrong they are in their takes on this issue. For the organization to align things with a QB pipeline is quite smart, and if the owner was willing to pony up the bucks to ensure he's got a good bridge QB on top so they can also win now... For that I tip my cap to him.

$100M doesn't make Cousins not-Cousins. This is the mediocre QB who was not good enough for two mediocre as fuck teams. Good on Atlanta to see this and be aware of it and make that call. When you are willing and able to make moves like this because you see better than everyone else, that my friends is an essential element of great leadership. To see the path ahead better than your competitors. It's about time they had that in Atlanta.

Also I've always liked Blank, due to the way he sets low prices on beers and food in his stadium to favor families. I think he's one of the good guys in the league. So I wish both him and Rah the best and I am quite certain the good guys are gonna come out on top in this one.

pvtdragon39

Rookie
What would it take to move up and grab Dejean? Hes a steal in 2nd round at this point. Was projected by most to be gone in mid teens at aleast. Bills are prob taking him if not commods will tho, but then again who knows.

Would our current mid 2nd round and a 6th do it?

Last edited:

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
What would it take to move up and grab Dejean? Hes a steal in 2nd round at this point. Was projected by most to be gone in mid teens at aleast. Bills are prob taking him if not commods will tho, but then again who knows.

Would our current mid 2nd round and a 6th do it?
Assuming they'll have to move up into the top 5 I think it would take our 2nd and one of our 3rds to move up that high.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I guess the thing is, I can see this argument especially if you can walk from Kirk in two years. But not for that player. Not that high. Wow.

This is probably the likely scenario anyway. Kirk Cousins can get you to the playoffs, but he's closer to retirement so if all goes well they'll be in the upper half of the draft where that year's top QBs will be gone. Of course they could always trade up but then they would've "given up too much" to move up. Same story every year.

This move...if MP works out....basically eliminates QB purgatory for them.

The main reason I do not think Penix will play in 2 years is because he has a horrible throwing motion and it will take at least a year probably two to fix it if ever.

I wanted to stay away from Penix due to that reason specifically.

So yes I give an F like other media on this pick.

When you have an 8th pick in the draft - you get a player that is ready to start from day 1 - not a project.

I have no idea. I don't pay attention to pre-draft assessments anymore. I'm just saying from a positional standpoint it makes sense because it covers both short and long term solution at the most important position. They don't want to go through round 2 of a old QB deteriorating and retiring (Matt Ryan) to a bunch of a mid (Tyler Heinke/Desmond Ridder).

Also why can't a pick wait to start regardless of where's he's taken? So many top 10 picks bust out even if they are deemed "day 1 starters for 10 years" or whatever else outlandish assessment they get labeled. What's wrong with developing a guy a bit longer???

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
This will be my last post belaboring this Penix nonsense. But I just want to say it is going to be very enjoyable to watch this unfold and the media to see how wrong they are in their takes on this issue. For the organization to align things with a QB pipeline is quite smart, and if the owner was willing to pony up the bucks to ensure he's got a good bridge QB on top so they can also win now... For that I tip my cap to him.

$100M doesn't make Cousins not-Cousins. This is the mediocre QB who was not good enough for two mediocre as fuck teams. Good on Atlanta to see this and be aware of it and make that call. When you are willing and able to make moves like this because you see better than everyone else, that my friends is an essential element of great leadership. To see the path ahead better than your competitors. It's about time they had that in Atlanta.

Also I've always liked Blank, due to the way he sets low prices on beers and food in his stadium to favor families. I think he's one of the good guys in the league. So I wish both him and Rah the best and I am quite certain the good guys are gonna come out on top in this one.

People can't get over contracts and just focus on the potential long term success at QB. This is a league where Brock freakin Osweiler got a bajillion dollars and got traded the next year.

Tano

Legend
This is probably the likely scenario anyway. Kirk Cousins can get you to the playoffs, but he's closer to retirement so if all goes well they'll be in the upper half of the draft where that year's top QBs will be gone. Of course they could always trade up but then they would've "given up too much" to move up. Same story every year.

This move...if MP works out....basically eliminates QB purgatory for them.

I have no idea. I don't pay attention to pre-draft assessments anymore. I'm just saying from a positional standpoint it makes sense because it covers both short and long term solution at the most important position. They don't want to go through round 2 of a old QB deteriorating and retiring (Matt Ryan) to a bunch of a mid (Tyler Heinke/Desmond Ridder).

Also why can't a pick wait to start regardless of where's he's taken? So many top 10 picks bust out even if they are deemed "day 1 starters for 10 years" or whatever else outlandish assessment they get labeled. What's wrong with developing a guy a bit longer???
I disagree when it is a top 10 pick. You go with the most ready position players not a QB that is a project. But that's just me.

The one's who don't make it in the top 10 are usually (and I want to stress usually) the ones with low floors high ceiling type players AKA Robinson or they get hurt or a QB that a team was desperate to get like the 49ers with Lance and Chicago with their two past QBs in the top 10.

Again I want to stress that I did not like Penix throwing motion and wouldn't have taken him at best until the low second round and that's only if I like the way my team is already looking pre-draft.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I think Atlanta made a mistake.

Now the minute Cousins has a bad game, fans will be calling for Penix. Could divide the locker room.

Imagine if that team ALSO had Odunze to go with Robinson, Pitts, etc.

I’ve read the arguments why it makes sense; nothing has sold me… odd decision.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I agree. The Falcons have a proven quarterback who will be the assumed starter. On a 3 year contract. A lot of people felt they were a quarterback away from winning the division last year. They went out and got that quarterback. And they were in a position to draft an impact weapon for that quarterback. I just don't see the upside here. Maybe if it were for one of the top 3 quarterbacks it could make a little bit of sense.