Doom and gloom is…

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

0311rams

RomandeacondikersonwarnerStafforddonaldkupp
Name
Madrid311
I would have thought what Whitworth did for the Rams when he signed for LT would have left a lasting impression “Just like QB - don’t fuck around with LT. Get a legitimate stud if you want a stable productive offense”.
So why didn't they? They didn't get a lot of help for AD either that he could have used to help him stay around longer. Now we have Stafford and it's ending up like when he was in Detroit, has to play hero ball. Our LT situation will be settled after Stafford retires and we don't have a stud QB anymore. It's the rams circle of life McVay is having a hard time turning around.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
So why didn't they? They didn't get a lot of help for AD either that he could have used to help him stay around longer. Now we have Stafford and it's ending up like when he was in Detroit, has to play hero ball. Our LT situation will be settled after Stafford retires and we don't have a stud QB anymore. It's the rams circle of life McVay is having a hard time turning around.
Whitworths, like dollars, don't grow on trees.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Finding an available 'stud Left Tackle' is not that easy.

There were five OTs selected in the 2023 Draft, and all started in their rookie season but None started at LT.

This past April, the OTs drafted after #19, were Fautanu, Morgan and Guyton. Only Tyler Guyton is starting at LT to open the season. Suppose the Rams could have tried to trade-up for a LT but that would have cost their 1st and 2nd round picks ... so, No Verse of Fiske.

Free Agency options the past two off-seasons were limited and expensive.

Alaric Jackson, with Joseph Noteboom in reserve, are far from ideal but under the circumstances ... limited draft capital and cap space, plus other areas of need ... those two players seemed like reasonable options for a very important position.

OL-depth is very important because injuries should be expected.

What should not be expected ... But can happen ... is for a team to have 5 of its top-6 offensive linemen injured (or suspended) at one time. Unfortunately, that's what the Rams are dealing with Havenstein, Avila, Jackson, Dotson(?) and Noteboom all down.

Good news (Hopefully) is that it's early; and as many as three of the five players could be available for Week 3.

0311rams

RomandeacondikersonwarnerStafforddonaldkupp
Name
Madrid311

There were five OTs selected in the 2023 Draft, and all started in their rookie season but None started at LT.

This past April, the OTs drafted after #19, were Fautanu, Morgan and Guyton. Only Tyler Guyton is starting at LT to open the season. Suppose the Rams could have tried to trade-up for a LT but that would have cost their 1st and 2nd round picks ... so, No Verse of Fiske.

Alaric Jackson, with Joseph Noteboom in reserve, are far from ideal but under the circumstances ... limited draft capital and cap space, plus other areas of need ... those two players seemed like reasonable options for a very important position.

What should not be expected ... But can happen ... is for a team to have 5 of its top-6 offensive linemen injured (or suspended) at one time. Unfortunately, that's what the Rams are dealing with Havenstein, Avila, Jackson, Dotson(?) and Noteboom all down.

Good news (Hopefully) is that it's early; and as many as three of the five players could be available for Week 3

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
So Hav is expected to play. Limmer is good. Dotson will play and Jackson as well. We add a guy off the street that isn't as bad as Acuri at LT, plus we are going against what seems to be an average at best front 7. I like our chances to grab a win. Then making a big jump and assume our Oline makes it thru healthy, we get AJ back and we stand a chance of putting forth a good O against the whiners. So the Disaster in Detroit might not carry over to any other games. Go Rams.

dang

Legend

Good news (Hopefully) is that it's early; and as many as three of the five players could be available for Week 3.
Whit was great for the Rams. But I would classify his level of play as Very Good. Not quite Elite/stud.
I would classify Notes level of play as Below Avg and generously Ajax as Average. I’m including availability in that equation. So there’s a big gap between Very Good and Avg that I would have thought the Rams learned was critical at LT from their Whit signing.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Whit was great for the Rams. But I would classify his level of play as Very Good. Not quite Elite/stud.
I would classify Notes level of play as Below Avg and generously Ajax as Average. I’m including availability in that equation. So there’s a big gap between Very Good and Avg that I would have thought the Rams learned was critical at LT from their Whit signing.
I don't disagree but Who?

You're on the Board a lot. You follow the Rams closely. You're a strong poster and knowledgeable Rams' fan.

Who could they have gotten but failed to do so in the past two off-seasons?

I don't see where the Rams passed on a viable opportunity.

dang

Legend
I don't disagree but Who?

You're on the Board a lot. You follow the Rams closely. You're a strong poster and knowledgeable Rams' fan.

Who could they have gotten but failed to do so in the past two off-seasons?

I don't see where the Rams passed on a viable opportunity.
Not cheap but I had my eye on Orlando Brown Jr. I think Mike McGlinchey the year before? Again not elite but Very Good and I’m betting durable.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Not cheap but I had my eye on Orlando Brown Jr. I think Mike McGlinchey the year before? Again not elite but Very Good and I’m betting durable.
I don't know man.

The Rams were capped strapped in the 2023 Off-season, when Orlando Brown was one of the most expensive free agents on the market. In fact, the Rams were so cap-strapped that they were the only team in the NFL that did not sign a single free agent until after the Draft. As far as McGlinchey, I don't know that he has played a single game at Left Tackle in his six-year NFL career.