Donovan McNabb 'absolutely' thinks he's a Hall of Famer

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
Troy Aikman does not belong in the hall
of fame.

Th comparison is a poor arguement.
But that’s just it. If Aikman gets to be in the Hall of Fame then so should McNabb. And sometimes, dreams are all we have.:love:

gogoat1

Pro Bowler
Name
Troy
The Cowboys offensive line of the early 90s was the best ever. Emmit was not that damn good. Irvin was over rated. Andre Reed was way better and how long did it take him ?
Aikman would have been great on a heavy passing team with the right coach and players.
McNabb, guy is just dumb. Never had it upstairs to be a great one.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

If there was a hof for bounce balls he would be first ballot.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Just wait until Julian Edelman gets in. Then it will be the WDHOS.

Watered Down Hall of Shit.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He's not wrong. Aikman's numbers are garbage. Steve Young played in the same era with a similar amount of talent and his numbers destroy Aikman's.

tempests

Hall of Fame
Aikman is in not for his regular season numbers but for his postseason performances, when he played his best football. Dallas just rolled over everyone in those years. Either running it with Emmitt or Aikman to Irvin. Everyone knew it was coming, no one could stop it.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Look at Namaths numbers compared to Gabriel . I guess one SB ring is worth a lot .

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Troy Aikman does not belong in the hall
of fame.

Th comparison is a poor arguement.
3 Superbowl wins lands you a place in the HOF
McNabb must be hiding those SB trophies pretty well, I haven't seen them anywhere.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
3 Superbowl wins lands you a place in the HOF
McNabb must be hiding those SB trophies pretty well, I haven't seen them anywhere.

I'm no fan of either of them.

But give McNabb prime Irvin, Smith, that OL, Novacheck and that defense and he'd have at least 3 rings. People give way too much credit to the QB just for winning and losing - Aikman was basically a game manager.

tempests

Hall of Fame

But give McNabb prime Irvin, Smith, that OL, Novacheck and that defense and he'd have at least 3 rings.

McNabb played on some pretty good teams as well? They went to four NFC Championship games in a row.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

But give McNabb prime Irvin, Smith, that OL, Novacheck and that defense and he'd have at least 3 rings. People give way too much credit to the QB just for winning and losing - Aikman was basically a game manager.
Can say the same thing about Terry Bradshaw and Bob Griese too.
QB is the straw that stirs the drink, I don't buy the switch players and get same result game.
McNabb had good enough players to win a bunch of NFC East titles and pro-bowls, but came up notoriously short in big games.
I wouldn't care if he got in or didn't, I just don't see knocking a 3 time SB Champ as an example of who he should be in over considering he didn't even win one

Personally, I'd have Ken Anderson and Randall Cunningham in the HOF if I had a say. And I'd argue for Phil Simms too but would give up easily on that one.

Last edited:

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You don't have to blow your own horn if you're good enough. It only can turn people against you . Other people will let you know .

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I can't tell you how many times I lost my shit because aitken would always hit Irvin when the cowboys absolutely needed a 1st down. The guy was clutch and a major reason they won 3 superbowls.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
McNabb played on some pretty good teams as well? They went to four NFC Championship games in a row.

He played on some pretty good teams, but those Cowboy teams were really before FA struck. They were LOADED. OL, WR, TE, RB - all elite players. Their defense was really good as well.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He played on some pretty good teams, but those Cowboy teams were really before FA struck. They were LOADED. OL, WR, TE, RB - all elite players. Their defense was really good as well.
Not sure how you can minimize the teams he played on. From 2000-2009 McNabb played with a top 10 defense 7 times, (3 of which top 2, 5 top 5) and at the same time the offense was ranked top 10 7 of 10 seasons
Those were talented Eagles teams and the Jim Johnson defense was flat out scary.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Barry Sanders yes, Marshall Faulk yes, Steven Jackson (as some have suggested) no freaking way.
Just my 2 cents

My two cents? S-Jax absolutely belongs in the Hall. It's not his fault he had no supporting cast at quarterback and O-line. He got at least 1,000 yards almost every year he was a Ram. There are running backs with less yards-from-scrimmage in the Hall. If they belong, S-Jax almost certainly does. He was one of the most dominant and well-rounded backs in his era.