Donald’s push off

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Did anyone notice that when Aaron Donald pushes his way past the guard, he then pushes off the offensive tackle’s back to change the direction of his momentum, towards the QB.

That’s genius and would be difficult to pull off in such a short amount of time.

I have never seen anyone do that before.

Psycho_X

Legend
I've noticed that a lot. He loves using other people to change his direction almost instantly. He's brilliant at controlling his body's weights momentum in any way possible.

TexasRam

Legend
i’ve seen him do it multiple times

i think he’s so used to facing double teams that he got in the habit of pushing off lineman and found it’s actually a great way to get momentum.

when i rewatched the game i gained a whole new appreciation of his impact every play, he really
plays at a whole different level.

ramsplaya16

The One and Only
It’s brilliant, he’s already so fast it’s unbelievable, he is unreal and we are so lucky to have him for many years to come

dang

Legend
I have to admit I see holding by OL on DL so much I just assume it’s part of the game now. With that said I wasn’t paying attention to that aspect of the game last night. Can someone elaborate on the many comments that the refs were repeatedly missing holding calls last night by Vikings OL against our DL.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
This is where being a dinky smal 34 Defensive DT 6ft/280 after a large dinner gives him a supersized edge.

If he was a normal sized 6-5 320 pound size 34 DT would make it much easier to get clogged up in the mass of humanity.

Getting skinny through those large thick OG's & OC's & then using cat quick arms & hands to push off & propel himself in & out of those large human walls to go where he wants to be.

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
I have to admit I see holding by OL on DL so much I just assume it’s part of the game now. With that said I wasn’t paying attention to that aspect of the game last night. Can someone elaborate on the many comments that the refs were repeatedly missing holding calls last night by Vikings OL against our DL.
I saw one on a longer Cousins throw. It might have even been a TD. Donald threw his arms up in the air and the RG still had him wrapped up. Overall though, I think they countered him early with double teams and quick passes. Once other Rams players started getting pressure and the Vikes had to complete longer throws, Donald started blowing everything up.