Does Stafford make the Rams NFC West favorites? PFT

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Rams, unless they somehow bungle FA and the draft, SHOULD be favorites to win the division.

The End

Last edited:

Bootleg

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
On McSnead playing on the edge, and it being a problem for Kroenke?
I don't buy it.
Stan unlike some owners wants to win a Super Bowl
JMHO but I think Stan loves Snead's all out, balls to the wall mentality.
I haven't been in total agreement in Snead's moves, but I sure as hell love
the fact that he is as aggressive as he is. I have no doubt know he is doing everything
he can to build a champion.
Exactly. And last time I checked there is still a salary cap in the NFL. Kroenke isn't spending more than the other owners. As long as the Rams are in contention every year what does he care how the player money is portioned.

And that talk of Kroenke sitting McVay down about the dead contracts is ridiculous. The Rams are winning... so what's the problem? And if not McVay, the hottest coach the NFL has seen in decades, the coach that everyone poaches from, then who else is Kroenke going to get as a head coach? So dumb. GTFO Florio.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Eh, the Rams haven't won the division in 2 years. I think i get your point, hopefully you get my counterpoint.
Absolutely but you don’t do all the things McSnead is doing just to try to win the division. Three playoffs in four years and they need more or the Rams are just another decent team.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

View: https://youtu.be/HSVB79H1Hq8

The Rams should be much better in late-game situations with Stafford under center, which isn’t a knock on Jared Goff. But Stafford simply knows how to get it done with big throws in clutch moments; he’s led the NFL in game-winning drives three times in his career.

It’s easy to see why Sean McVay and the Rams are so excited to have Stafford in L.A.

God that pass to Danny Amendola is in quad coverage was sexy AF. Imagine what he can do with Cooper Kupp and Robert Woods.

giphy.gif

PS I still can't believe how many games the Falcons lost like that last year lol.

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
The Rams should be much better in late-game situations with Stafford under center, which isn’t a knock on Jared Goff. But Stafford simply knows how to get it done with big throws in clutch moments; he’s led the NFL in game-winning drives three times in his career.

I think that Stafford will like throwing to Higbee- (red-zone target). He did some good things with Hockenson.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Absolutely but you don’t do all the things McSnead is doing just to try to win the division. Three playoffs in four years and they need more or the Rams are just another decent team.

Quite right. You don't trade 2 future first round picks, a 2021 third round pick and your starting QB for a guy who's going to help you win the division. You invest that kind of capital for a Championship and frankly, anything less and you've wasted that capital. We had a QB who could help us win the division, get to and win in the postseason, even get to a Superbowl.

A baseball comparison would be a perennial postseason team, trading 2 high prospects and a starting player for a front line, high quality #1 pitching ace who can win 3 games in an LCS series and 3 games in the World Series. ***Or signing him in free agency to a contract worth $40 - 50 million a year. You don't spend that kind of capital, either way, to be a runner up to the Championship.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Florio looks like a grownup version of Eddie Munster.

(And, as previously noted, he molests collies.)

dang

Legend
I think that Stafford will like throwing to Higbee- (red-zone target). He did some good things with Hockenson.
Are we talking about TylerHigbee? when did he become a red zone target.

MachS

Hall of Fame
As you can see in the video below, Stafford was sharp on the drive, completing every pass he threw (except for a spike). His most impressive throw was a deep shot into tight coverage over the leaping linebacker and into the waiting arms of Kenny Golladay for a huge gain.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSVB79H1Hq8

I mean just look at this drive to win the game. The 2nd and 10 throw where he's flushed from the pocket, steps up to avoid pressure, escapes to his right and throws a 15yard dart. Next throw is even better. 2nd and 10, flushed out of the pocket, this time to his left, while still moving to his left makes a sidearm 27yard laser throw in a very tight window to Amendola for a 1st down. Next throw is even better. 2nd and 10, with traffic around his feet throws a flat footed 42 yard bomb into the soft spot in a deep zone barely over the LB for a 1st down. Then wins the game on a play where he gets to his 3rd read in the progression. Watch his eyes. Starts left, then comes right, pump fakes right and makes the DL jump, extends the play with his feet running left, comes back Hockenson on the left which was at least his 3rd read. Just expert level quarterbacking. The more and more I watch of this dude gets me more excited by the day to see him paired with McVay.