Does Stafford make the Rams NFC West favorites? PFT

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams77

Starter
Wow-them predicting McVay to step down as coach within the next few years and take a broadcasting job was kind of shocking. Florio loves to stir the pot thats for sure

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Rams were arguably the NFCW favorite even before the trade. I mean we knocked Seattle out of the playoffs with an injured Goff. SF has questions at QB and Arizona has questions everywhere.

Things can and will change throughout the offseason but the question was asked right now. So right now my answer is YES.

dang

Legend
Glorious is an alien looking hack. I can’t even look at his face much less listen to his tired bullshit.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Are we the NFCW favorites? We ended up being the best team in the NFCW last year so I'd hope so.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I don’t see much objective analysis from Florio and Simms.

For example, Florio talked about McVay coaching the offense and effectively delegating the defense to the DC; and supports that comment with a reference to McVay sitting on a cooler prepping for the next offensive series while the defense is on the field.

That was early 2017!
His first season!!
Anyone paying attention knows that has greatly changed.

These guys seem to come at the Rams with an agenda that impacts their objectivity.

Anyway, I will try to be objective here.
Florio fucking sucks but looks good in comparison to Simms, an incompetent asshole who has his job only because of nepotism.

808RAMS

Rookie
Name
Spencer
The NFC West Division is going to be tough next year. With Stafford at the helm, I not only expect the Rams to win the NFC West, but play in the Super Bowl. Winning will depend on who we play in the AFC.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I don’t see much objective analysis from Florio and Simms.

For example, Florio talked about McVay coaching the offense and effectively delegating the defense to the DC; and supports that comment with a reference to McVay sitting on a cooler prepping for the next offensive series while the defense is on the field.

That was early 2017!
His first season!!
Anyone paying attention knows that has greatly changed.

These guys seem to come at the Rams with an agenda that impacts their objectivity.

Anyway, I will try to be objective here.
Florio fucking sucks but looks good in comparison to Simms, an incompetent asshole who has his job only because of nepotism.
I mentioned this awhile ago. Florio is a Viking fan...or at least grew up a Vikings fan. A month or so ago he talked about the Rams offense and mentioned how a few yrs ago McVay's offense rivaled the Rams "Greatest Show Offs on Turf" offense of early 2000's.

So yeah, seems he never got over the 99' Rams dropping 49 on his Vikes.

I also remember when Holt was due his 2nd contract, Florio was trying to make a name for himself as he insisted the Rams were going to deal Holt to the Saints for Donte Stallworth.

In other words he was always a tool. Have to give him credit though, pushing outrageous rumors and BS got him noticed.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Matthew Stafford is one of the NFL's best at making big-time throws

Matthew Stafford is a gunslinger at the quarterback position and has been for his entire career. He’s a player who isn’t afraid to take chances down the field or by throwing into tight windows with defenders draped over his target.

Part of that has to do with the fact that he’s had some elite contested-catch receivers such as Calvin Johnson, Kenny Golladay and Marvin Jones Jr., but he also has the arm talent to make those throws with a good rate of success.

The Rams will get a taste of that next season with Stafford as their quarterback after agreeing to trade Jared Goff and three draft picks to the Lions for Stafford. What separates him from Goff is not only arm strength and accuracy, but also the willingness to take chances.

Pro Football Focus has a metric called “big-time throws,” which the site says is best described as “a pass with excellent ball location and timing, generally thrown further down the field and/or into a tighter window.”

Essentially, it’s a really tough throw to make.

Stafford is one of the best quarterbacks at completing big-time throws, and has been for years. According to PFF, Stafford completed 32 big-time throws last season, which was eighth-most in the NFL.

View: https://twitter.com/pff_rams/status/1366481052852580356?s=21

Since 2006, Stafford is tied with Tom Brady for the most big-time throws made in a single game, going all the way back to 2012 when he made nine such throws. In that game, Stafford completed 31 of 61 passes for 441 yards with two touchdowns and no interceptions.

View: https://twitter.com/pff/status/1354210266049896457?s=21

But wait, there’s more!

Since 2019, Stafford has been clutch on third-and-long. He’s made 15 big-time throws on third-and-7 or more, which is tied with Matt Ryan for the third-most in football. Patrick Mahomes, unsurprisingly, is No. 1 with 26 big-time throws in those situations, nine more than any other player.

View: https://twitter.com/pff/status/1366486169308057603?s=21

When the game is on the line in the fourth quarter or overtime, Stafford knows how to come through in the clutch. Last season, he made 13 big-time throws in the fourth quarter and overtime, once again tied for third-most in the NFL.

What’s incredible is the fact that the Lions only won five games last season, and four of them came on the back of a game-winning drive led by Stafford.

View: https://twitter.com/pff/status/1359887700153806860?s=21

One of those game-winning drives came against the Falcons, with Detroit marching 75 yards in 1:04 despite having no timeouts.

As you can see in the video below, Stafford was sharp on the drive, completing every pass he threw (except for a spike). His most impressive throw was a deep shot into tight coverage over the leaping linebacker and into the waiting arms of Kenny Golladay for a huge gain.

View: https://youtu.be/HSVB79H1Hq8

The Rams should be much better in late-game situations with Stafford under center, which isn’t a knock on Jared Goff. But Stafford simply knows how to get it done with big throws in clutch moments; he’s led the NFL in game-winning drives three times in his career.

It’s easy to see why Sean McVay and the Rams are so excited to have Stafford in L.A.

PARAM

Hall of Fame

Did people actually watch that video?

Nope. Moved right to the next post.

Listening to Florio/Simms is like listening to good cop/ bad cop sports radio. Real doesn't need to enter the equation as long as zeal is off the charts. "Man Eats Baby" will always get a read but going in you should know what you're getting is a load of crap.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I mentioned this awhile ago. Florio is a Viking fan...or at least grew up a Vikings fan.
It does work both ways.

Was watching Peter Schrager on Good Morning Football this morning, and the question was asked ... Whether JJ Watt makes the Cardinals’ Defense the best in the NFC West?

Schrager went with the Rams. That’s reasonable. Then Schrager said the Rams had the best defense last season, and they will ‘bring just about everybody back’.

What-the-Hell!
That’s just not true.

Schrager mentioned Floyd in passing but ignored Johnson, Hill, Fox and Ebukam.

Schrager loves McVay and the Rams. Commentators often lack objectivity in their analysis.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
In Schrager's defense, he probably thinks of it this way: If Donald and Ramsey are back....EVERYBODY is back.

Then we add to that by keeping DWill, and maybe Ebukam. Give Obo and Lewis more time, move Burgess to the slot.

We have plenty of solid players and will add a couple more in the draft.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
It does work both ways.

Was watching Peter Schrager on Good Morning Football this morning, and the question was asked ... Whether JJ Watt makes the Cardinals’ Defense the best in the NFC West?

Schrager went with the Rams. That’s reasonable. Then Schrager said the Rams had the best defense last season, and they will ‘bring just about everybody back’.

What-the-Hell!
That’s just not true.

Schrager mentioned Floyd in passing but ignored Johnson, Hill, Fox and Ebukam.

Schrager loves McVay and the Rams. Commentators often lack objectivity in their analysis.
Maybe he knows something we don’t. Jourdan also said that Snead thinks he can retain the players that he wants.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Maybe he knows something we don’t. Jourdan also said that Snead thinks he can retain the players that he wants.
That would be great.

Just think some commentators lack objectivity.

Florio will look for ways to criticize or undermine the Rams.
Schrager will look for ways to compliment or build up the Rams.
Michael Silver will support and emphasize the talent of Jared Goff.
Chris Simms will be a pompous asshole.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
It’s easy to see why Sean McVay and the Rams are so excited to have Stafford in L.A.
Load it around him and we're talking a lot more than the division. Getting Stafford changes the division in the Rams' favor and they've got their eyes on the conference now.

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
On McSnead playing on the edge, and it being a problem for Kroenke?
I don't buy it.
Stan unlike some owners wants to win a Super Bowl
JMHO but I think Stan loves Snead's all out, balls to the wall mentality.
I haven't been in total agreement in Snead's moves, but I sure as hell love
the fact that he is as aggressive as he is. I have no doubt know he is doing everything
he can to build a champion.