Do You have a Problem with this?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fearsomefour

Legend
Is it just me or are we seeing more of this crap going on in youth sports?
I don't think anymore in the last ten years, no.
I think everyone with a video camera on their phone we see more of it reported. It is still pretty rare in my experience.
There is always this element in youth football however. Always has been, always will be.

fearsomefour

Legend
I understand the emotional responses but being just as or dirtier than the catcher is lame.
These are high school aged kids, or close to it. Are you as a parent really going to go on the field and fight a high school kid? I hope not. As a coach are you really going to instruct a kid to try to injure another kid....I hope the F not. For two reasons. First, it makes you a total scum bag. An adult who cannot keep their emotions in check and sends a kid to do their dirty work should not be coaching or working with kids. Secondly, what if the girl ends up being seriously injured. The kid you sent out to do the dirty work has to live with that.
A parent going on the field is going to be banned from any further games, so, not only are you seriously embarrassing your kid you will not be able to see them play anymore for their school (assuming this is high school).
The players will usually work this out on their own on the field anyway.
As I said before, if the coach of the catchers team was any good she would be getting benched whether this was on purpose or not. I have pulled guys when I was coaching youth football because they couldn't keep their crap together and would get too angry.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
really wad sports(wo)manship, she should have had a warning the first time, as it looked so blatant! Second time ejected - but in all fairness, where was her coach and how did they let her stay on the field - bench the girl for pulling dirty crap like that

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
I'm sorry but she let that happen to her 2 times lol... you know if that happened to any of us guys, the 2nd time we'd be ready and waiting to counter attack lol. Shitty situation, poor girl.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
Just saw this. Former catcher. Loved plays at the plate. It's funny. I was fearless as a catcher. But not in football.

The catcher needs to take a step forward as soon as it's clear there is not play at the plate. That was chicken $#*% on her part. Do we even know the aftermath of this though?

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
The ball wasn't even being played at hone plate. Wtf?