Do most Falcons fans still hate Kyle Shanahan?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
3oe6bc.jpg

Attachments

• Depp.jpg
    Depp.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 15

fearsomefour

Legend
Going off of memory here so could be wrong, but, I think Matt Ryan took two bad sacks that took the Falcons out of FG range twice in that Super Bowl......Ryan deserves a good bit of blame as well.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Going off of memory here so could be wrong, but, I think Matt Ryan took two bad sacks that took the Falcons out of FG range twice in that Super Bowl......Ryan deserves a good bit of blame as well.
But 28-3 melt down blame? I think two sacks are pretty minor in the massive chokage that happened in that game.

fearsomefour

Legend
But 28-3 melt down blame? I think two sacks are pretty minor in the massive chokage that happened in that game.
Obviously it was a total collapse..
But, the second one in particular taking them out of FG when the game was tight was inexcusable by Ryan.

fearsomefour

Legend
Almost blew it again last night....wish the Whiners would have blown that game vs Seattle. The calls for his head would have started to get louder.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
He shoulda never been dropping back in that situation. Run the ball. Use more clock or force their timeouts. Kick a field goal for a two score lead with under 2 minutes. That was on Shanahan to make the right play call.

fearsomefour

Legend
He shoulda never been dropping back in that situation. Run the ball. Use more clock or force their timeouts. Kick a field goal for a two score lead with under 2 minutes. That was on Shanahan to make the right play call.
Hard to know without knowing the play call.
He held the ball however.
For a guy who has built his current team as a run oriented team, he sure does pass a lot.
Anyway, a pass is ok if its a quick read and throw away if its not there. But, yeah.....Shanny has a history for sure.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Hard to know without knowing the play call.
He held the ball however.
For a guy who has built his current team as a run oriented team, he sure does pass a lot.
Anyway, a pass is ok if its a quick read and throw away if its not there. But, yeah.....Shanny has a history for sure.

Funny posted some what the same about Mcvay ? I go back to the Detroit game as well. There is so much that goes into it,but man this Rams 2024 Team should be at least 3-2.

dang

Legend
Kyle Shanahan reminds me of a big rat that just escaped a busy sewer. Greasy, grimy, and unlikable.
They don’t call him Coach Ratboy for nothing. Just as he’s about to take a big bite out of that giant chunk of cheese…snap shuts the trap!!!

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Shanahan's a good coach. A very good system that is quarterback friendly. Does a good job of scheming receivers open. His problem is when the game is tight in the 4th quarter. He seems to go into a shell. Doesn't want to push the envelope. Plays to safe. Trying not to lose it. Or on the flip side when he should be playing safe he tries to be too aggressive.

Could it be because he was traumatized by the 25 point blown lead in the Superbowl as the Falcons playcaller? That was when he shoulda been more conservative and ran the ball. But he pushed the envelope too much. Does he have PTSD from that loss? Can't seem to make the right call?

I think rat boy is damaged goods. He still runs a good system which is why a QB like Purdy can put up elite numbers. In other words, rat boy could win with a very average QB because the system allows you to plug in players.

I did read some months back however, that Shanny's blind spot might be in not paying for an elite Oline, save for LT. And that one reason might be why the whiners are unable to close the deal in big games.

When rat boy took over the whiners, he still had PTSD from the Atlanta SB collapse, so he was obsessed with milking every second from the clock in the second half. Then he moved onto other minutia and in the end, he's been coach of some of the biggest collapses in NFL history. The OC in Atlanta's 25 point lead debacle with about 17 minutes left in the game.

In both super bowls against the Chefs, he blew double digit leads in the 4th quarter and in the NFCCG against the Rams, he holds the record for the biggest lead blown in the 4th quarter (10 points).

In my own opinion, it's because he never bothered to get a truly elite QB like Stafford. Look at the Ram's 2 SB wins, we had Warner who is in the HOF and Stafford, who is bound for the HOF. In the whiner's history, they won super bowls with Montana and Young, both of whom are in the HOF. Rat boy had Garapollo and Purdy in his two losses. If Rat boy had Stafford and that defense, they'd probably have 7 Lombardi trophies by now. But thank God they didn't get Stafford and the Rams did.

Last edited:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't really care what Falcons' fans think about anything and Shanny is fun to watch fail. That is all.