Disgusting Late Hit in Japanese College Football.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Psycho_X

Legend
Jesus, QB was extremely lucky he only had ligament strains, all though, the back is a tricky thing and could linger for a while. But yeah, perma ban for that player and the coach. I don't know how he was allowed to play after. It's a shame no one "accidentally" took his knees out after that.

Last edited:

IBruce80

Tokyo Ram
That hit was terrible.

I saw it today on NHK World.
The news station reported a problem overall in Japan's sports programmes and the sports minister has urged coaches to review.

Also reported recent problems in wrestling and sumo.

TSFH Fan

Epic Music Guy
Miyagawa was ejected from the game after committing two more personal fouls, retreating in tears to a tent near the field where he said Inoue berated him, calling the player soft. On Tuesday, Miyagawa said he has quit the sport.

So they already have NFL caliber refs over there?

Nothing says you're not soft like quitting . . . oh, and the crying probably didn't help.

No seppuku?!? Pshhhh, pee-pee poor fake apology. Y'know, back in the day, his entrails would be all over the end zone.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Sweep the leg

IMG_4912.JPG

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I'm not sure if I can say 100% the coaches ordered THAT type of scum bag play. Seems to me that type of talk would happen in football regardless; giving them the benefit of the doubt they probably meant sack his ass.

Right now this is a POS move by a player.

nighttrain

Legend

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I’m learning Japanese and plan to spend some time there at some point.

The culture is very different.

Saving face is paramount. People will do insane things to save face.

Honestly, I don’t see how American football fits the culture. Sorta like Sumo doesn’t fit in America.

The hit was disgusting and beyond unacceptable. What’s bad is that the player knew this prior and still did it because of a very rigid social structure.

Hope the QB recovers from the hit quickly.