Dinner with a SF fan friend…..

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Somewhat different here as I know a handful of Niner fans and they are actually decent people and good friends. Two guys that bowl with my wife and I are avid 49er fans and after they lost in the NFC Championship game to the Eagles, I said to my wife, let's see if they are donning their colors next week. And low and behold, they did, jersey, hat the whole ensemble and I had to respect it. I did not like it, but respected it.

That is the problem right now, I know of about 10 49er fans and they are very nice people and that somewhat kills me, they realize I dislike their team and they understand it. In fact, my one friend and I were discussing how he (a 49er fan) rooted for the Rams to win against the Bengals because he wanted Aaron Donald & Matthew Stafford to win a Super Bowl. I complimented him and informed him that was very noble and then informed him I rooted my ass off for the Chiefs last year against his team.
I watched the last Superbowl at my son in law's house. I was the only Rams fan. Everyone there was a 49er fan. At the end of the game I had suppress to my joy. On the way home my wife said "You enjoyed that ending didn't you?" I said "Hell yeah!"

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
I knew "verboten" but needed to look-up "virtue signaling" (posted earlier on another thread).

What's embarrassing is that, even after looking it up, I'm not sure I understand what it means.
strike a pose madonna GIF

Think Madonna...

AZRams

Hmm, let’s look at who the Rams were missing:

Offense:
2 starting OL (Jackson and Avila)
3 of the top pass catchers from last season (Kupp, Nacua, and Higbee)
OL “sixth man” (Noteboom)

Defense:
Safety (JJ3) out
Starting CB from last season (Kendrick)
Starting CB for THIS season (DW)
All ILBs are healthy

So let’s make this simple:
Our QB/HC are better than yours.
LOL.

Games like Sunday and for sure his post-season history suggest Shanny isn't a very good game-coach.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
That is the problem right now, I know of about 10 49er fans and they are very nice people and that somewhat kills me, they realize I dislike their team and they understand it. In fact, my one friend and I were discussing how he (a 49er fan) rooted for the Rams to win against the Bengals because he wanted Aaron Donald & Matthew Stafford to win a Super Bowl. I complimented him and informed him that was very noble and then informed him I rooted my ass off for the Chiefs last year against his team.
Yeah I have a friend who I game with online and have for many years. He's a good fan, isn't hardcore like us, but watches every game and doesn't get worked up with losses. I envy all that too btw. But he was shocked at how much I hate his team. He has never understood it.

But I often tell him "imagine if the Rams won a bunch of Super Bowls and then shit on your team for a decade, beating your boys and degrading them, punching goal posts and saying SoSAR type shit during a decade of losing and shitty years." And he still doesn't get it. :laugh3:

AZRams

Yeah I have a friend who I game with online and have for many years. He's a good fan, isn't hardcore like us, but watches every game and doesn't get worked up with losses. I envy all that too btw. But he was shocked at how much I hate his team. He has never understood it.

But I often tell him "imagine if the Rams won a bunch of Super Bowls and then shit on your team for a decade, beating your boys and degrading them, punching goal posts and saying SoSAR type shit during a decade of losing and shitty years." And he still doesn't get it. :laugh3:
Todd Kinchen...God love him. 'Cuz I don't for all that shit he unleashed on his team and fan-base.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Todd Kinchen...God love him. 'Cuz I don't for all that shit he unleashed on his team and fan-base.
Sorry I applauded Kinchen for doing that, unfortunately the Rams just could not back it up. One of the reasons I despise Steve Young so much is because I remember being down 31-10 to them in the 4th quarter and he was still throwing with like 4 minutes left to pad his stats and then boom, it was 38-10.

Again nothing wrong with what Kinchen did just the Rams were not a good football team and the 49ers were.

Sometimes you have to punch the bully in the mouth and sometimes it works and other times you get your ass kicked.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Just a quick reminder that the 49er player who first said 'Sam Old Sorry Ass Rams' was Dan Stubblefield.

Dana Stubblefield is currently serving 15-to-life after being convicted of sexual assault on a disabled woman.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I loved it when Kinchen did his own Norton impression on the goal post.
We still lost the game, but that moment fired me up.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Sorry I applauded Kinchen for doing that, unfortunately the Rams just could not back it up. One of the reasons I despise Steve Young so much is because I remember being down 31-10 to them in the 4th quarter and he was still throwing with like 4 minutes left to pad his stats and then boom, it was 38-10.

Again nothing wrong with what Kinchen did just the Rams were not a good football team and the 49ers were.

Sometimes you have to punch the bully in the mouth and sometimes it works and other times you get your ass kicked.
….but you keep your head up and keep fighting.
I will never let that shit go.
I absolutely hate that team.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Just a quick reminder that the 49er player who first said 'Sam Old Sorry Ass Rams' was Dan Stubblefield.

Dana Stubblefield is currently serving 15-to-life after being convicted of sexual assault on a disabled woman.
I did not know that. Despicable.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
That reminds me of the late 80's and 90's I always asked every Whiner fan who was their Head Coach before Bill Walsh. Because I believed every SF fan started following the team after Walsh, who took over in 1979. I found in my research that only one person answered my question, however, he answered Ken Meyer who coached them in 1977 and was the Rams OC under Chuck Knox.

The correct answer was Pete McCulley, who lasted only 9 games that season and Fred O'Connor finished the year. But many never could and I just wanted to point out to them they were jumping on a band wagon. Back then I was snob when it came to football if you could not substantiate your fandom.
Most 49ers fans can’t even tell you who the coach was before Shanahan without looking it up.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

That SONOFA! ~ @Memento