Did McVay and Gurley kill the RB Market?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
Dated data and I don't even know how reliable but if anywhere close, it seems like RB-by-committee is the way to go. Just have a kickass run-blocking OL.

vfvBS.jpg

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I think Mike Shanahan killed the RB market.

He built strong Olines that anyone could run through. Then when you hit on a guy like Terrell Davis, it makes GMs and coaches jealous.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Yeah, I don't know why Melvin Gordon is singling out Gurley and McVay, other than they were in LA the same time as him.

Christian McCaffrey and Zeke Elliott were both paid after that.

Gordon has been jealous of Gurley his entire career. I remember him saying “I think he’s good, but I can do everything he can do.” or something along those lines…

But he couldn’t. He was not Todd Gurley. And the Todd Gurley that got paid, deserved the contract. Unfortunately, injuries happen. The problem with the running back market is that there are no Todd Gurleys out there right now.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Gordon has been jealous of Gurley his entire career. I remember him saying “I think he’s good, but I can do everything he can do.” or something along those lines…

But he couldn’t. He was not Todd Gurley. And the Todd Gurley that got paid, deserved the contract. Unfortunately, injuries happen. The problem with the running back market is that there are no Todd Gurleys out there right now.

IMO there was NO REASON The Rams should have paid Todd Gurley what they did.It was Demoff who ruined the RB market in a way.
It’s deeper than that & it was the player who Todd Gurley was bidding against & won was the main reason.If the other RB ever performed like a Pro Bowler then that would have changed a lot of things.
—The Rams should have drafted D. Cook as well & traded up for Johnathan Taylor.
—Barkley getting hurt has never end helped & yes that OSU dude at Dallas has never been all that.Hetting fatter,slower & Older hurts the look of a RB. He doesn’t run with his belly out,& taking chicks tops off in public isn’t a good look either.