Did a Dodger Stadium Tour

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
My son and I flew down to LA to pick up his car that was shipped from Germany when he got out of the Air Force.

So being that we couldn't go to a game, we did the stadium tour. $25 each and well worth it. We were the last tour of the day so instead of an hour tour, the guy took us to a few extra places and it lasted 2 hours.

Very cool. We got to go into the broadcasting booth, Vin's office, the executive lounge, etc.

IMG_20220827_114248.jpg
IMG_20220827_114243.jpg
IMG_20220827_094804.jpg
IMG_20220827_094751.jpg
IMG_20220827_094742.jpg
IMG_20220827_094728.jpg
IMG_20220827_094725.jpg
PXL_20220826_220948352.jpg
PXL_20220826_220916635.jpg
IMG_20220827_094718.jpg

norcalramfan

Starter
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My son and I flew down to LA to pick up his car that was shipped from Germany when he got out of the Air Force.

So being that we couldn't go to a game, we did the stadium tour. $25 each and well worth it. We were the last tour of the day so instead of an hour tour, the guy took us to a few extra places and it lasted 2 hours.

Very cool. We got to go into the broadcasting booth, Vin's office, the executive lounge, etc.

View attachment 56176View attachment 56177View attachment 56178View attachment 56179View attachment 56180View attachment 56181View attachment 56182View attachment 56183View attachment 56184View attachment 56185
Which 3 years are represented by those Championship Trophy’s? Why only 3? We have 1 Brooklyn and 6 in Los Angeles.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Which 3 years are represented by those Championship Trophy’s? Why only 3? We have 1 Brooklyn and 6 in Los Angeles.
Before 1967, the trophy was a painted bat. So the 3 are '81, '88, and '20. The bats are above the Commissioners Trophies.

Rams8821

Pro Bowler

View attachment 56176View attachment 56177View attachment 56178View attachment 56179View attachment 56180View attachment 56181View attachment 56182View attachment 56183View attachment 56184View attachment 56185
I have done the tour as well, was awesome. Was your tour guide a guy from Iowa living in Pasadena??

They better make room for one more trophy this year!!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I have done the tour as well, was awesome. Was your tour guide a guy from Iowa living in Pasadena??

They better make room for one more trophy this year!!
There were actually two guys. One was the tour guide and the other seemed to be just tagging along for the hell of it and to interject occasionally. They both worked at the park during games as "ambassadors". I don't know where they were from but if I recall right, the main guy has been in the LA area since the park was being built. He was clearly a big time Dodger fan.

And yes... I think there will be room for this year's trophy.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Dodger Stadium has always been my favorite. Seems like every night game I attended the weather was perfect. Day games got a little warm but not too bad. Just something about that stadium feels so comfortable to be watching a game there.

One of these games I gotta get tickets to the pavillion section. I remember having good seats just a few rows up from the field level near 3rd base. I watched the people in the bleachers. They were having blast. The people in my section were a little more subdued trying to be proper. I told my wife "I'd rather be over there. Those people are having a lot more fun than we are".

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Dodger Stadium has always been my favorite. Seems like every night game I attended the weather was perfect. Day games got a little warm but not too bad. Just something about that stadium feels so comfortable to be watching a game there.

One of these games I gotta get tickets to the pavillion section. I remember having good seats just a few rows up from the field level near 3rd base. I watched the people in the bleachers. They were having blast. The people in my section were a little more subdued trying to be proper. I told my wife "I'd rather be over there. Those people are having a lot more fun than we are".
According to the tour guide, Dodger Stadium has been rained out 4 times since 1962. There's a reason you felt the weather was perfect at Chavez Ravine. It freaking WAS.

No fog like candlestick... Can't come up with anything bad about Padres stadium... But no swirling wind like candlestick....

I've actually been to about a dozen baseball stadiums and THE Ravine is the best.

Take the tour. Best $s I've spent in a loooong time.

DarOv

UDFA

I also change the tribune if I'm bored :laugh1: Sometimes the attendants object, but I don't take a seat if there isn't one.