Devon Bush Jr.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dirigo

Rookie
Name
Andrew
I’ll be honest, I don’t know much about college football. So I’ll have to rely on the draft gurus who frequent this forum to inform me. That being said, I have heard of this Devon Bush Jr. kid from Michigan. From what I’ve read on Bush, he was a very productive MLB but a tad bit undersized. Would DBJr be a worthy draft pick at #31 and heir apparent to Barron (assuming Barron is gone)?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yes. I am a huge fan of Devin Bush Jr. He'd be a force here. Him and Jeff Simmons are the two guys I most want at #31.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
I don't see the Rams staying at #31, unless there is a player trade where they acquire more picks. I think they will trade down 7 to 8 spots and pick up an early 4th Rnd selection.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Bush, Lawrence and Simmons would be amazing for me at 31.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Yes. I am a huge fan of Devin Bush Jr. He'd be a force here. Him and Jeff Simmons are the two guys I most want at #31.
Bush, Lawrence and Simmons would be amazing for me at 31.

Yes these above three would be wonderful additions to this Rams team. Bush is being mentioned as being moved to the weakside OLB'ing post in a 43 D. I would like him @ the MLB'ing post where Cory Littleton played in 2018 myself. Rams would loose 4 to 5 inches in height though.

I would add a very boring 4th prospect (but very sound move) interior OL'er Garrett Bradbury who would be a great plugin to the vacancy either @ LG to replace Saffold or OC. to replace Sullivan.

He had a great day yesterday @ the combine..Bradbury ran a 4.92 time in the 40-yard dash, the 34 repetitions on the bench press was some of his accomplishments that stood out the most.

He would a perfect fit in well to our classic outside zone running scheme. Sure would help reduce some of the current & future worries in the OL with the departures & soon retirements of our 3 veterans who help protect Goff.

Last edited:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yes these above three would be wonderful additions to this Rams team. Bush is being mentioned as being moved to the weakside OLB'ing post in a 43 D. I would like him @ the MLB'ing post where Cory Littleton played in 2018 myself. Rams would loose 4 to 5 inches in height though.

I would ad a very boring 4th prospect named interior OL'er Garrett Bradbury who would be a great plugin to the vacancy eith at LG or OC. He had a good day yesterday @ the combine..Bradbury ran a 4.92 time in the 40-yard dash, the 34 repetitions on the bench press was one of the accomplishments that stood out the most. He would fit in well to our classic outside zone running scheme. Sure would help reduce some of the future worries in the OL with the departures & soon retirements of our 3 veterans to protect Goff.
You're going to have to move Bradbury way up your board now. But yes I totally agree our ILB position with Littleton and Bush would be amazing and set for years. I think also instead of a tender my mock will have a long term extension for CL.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
You're going to have to move Bradbury way up your board now. But yes I totally agree our ILB position with Littleton and Bush would be amazing and set for years. I think also instead of a tender my mock will have a long term extension for CL.
On CL, I'd I was in Demoffs position I would go ahead & get the long term contract ready while it can still be good for both parties type of thing. why wait to go through another future UFA contract situation with CL next season?

CL stands to blow up & magnify greatly the overall performance @ weakside interior LB'ing position for the Rams in 2019. With that probabiliity, the 2020 UFA contract offer might be out of the Rams price range. I would just go get that CL deal is done now & get CL's price cost set so you can move on to the many other future dilemmas in the salary cap.

On Bradbury, yes he will move up the board some but he is not the perfect first round type OL for many teams. His very short arms is a big negative for PRS OL's & it would make him a one post prospect @ OC but for Kromer scheme, Bradbury is a perfect 3 (THREE) OL post prospect who could be plugged in @ LG yesterday. Thus leaving Joe Noteboom to remain as the game day #1 OT's back up another season. That's a very good thing in my small mind.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
On CL, I'd I was in Demoffs position I would go ahead & get the long term contract ready while it can still be good for both parties type of thing. why wait to go through another future UFA contract situation with CL next season?

CL stands to blow up & magnify greatly the overall performance @ weakside interior LB'ing position for the Rams in 2019. With that probabiliity, the 2020 UFA contract offer might be out of the Rams price range. I would just go get that CL deal is done now & get CL's price cost set so you can move on to the many other future dilemmas in the salary cap.

On Bradbury, yes he will move up the board some but he is not the perfect first round type OL for many teams. His very short arms is a big negative for PRS OL's & it would make him a one post prospect @ OC but for Kromer scheme, Bradbury is a perfect 3 (THREE) OL post prospect who could be plugged in @ LG yesterday. Thus leaving Joe Noteboom to remain as the game day #1 OT's back up another season. That's a very good thing in my small mind.
I see Bradbury regularly mocked to the Vikings in the 1st now.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I see Bradbury regularly mocked to the Vikings in the 1st now.
I would look for the Vikings to go OLT over an inteior OL myself.

Vikings taking Brandbury@ #18 might be a small reach. They selected a center in the 3rd rd in 2017....Pat Elflein. Is not thier biggest issue is the play ongoing @ left tackle? 2 round pick last yr Brian O’Neill is a good young prosect @ RT. Draft a LT move Riley Reiff into LG post & they would be set IMO.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I would look for the Vikings to go OLT over an inteior OL myself.

Vikings taking Brandbury@ #18 might be a small reach. They selected a center in the 3rd rd in 2017....Pat Elflein. Is not thier biggest issue is the play ongoing @ left tackle? 2 round pick last yr Brian O’Neill is a good young prosect @ RT. Draft a LT move Riley Reiff into LG post & they would be set IMO.
According to most Vikings fans they need 2 guards and a center since Elflein has been bad.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Wonder if Bradbury's short arms might help him make it to 31. But either way I do think Bush will be there as an option, he's a hell of a player but he won't have the freakish type numbers that push ILBs into the first half of round one.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
I don't scout or watch college football, but I'm concerned by the "undersized but plays hard" label. We have 2 guys like that now.

I'd be ok losing some pass coverage ability so that we can get a full sized player who can do the inside linebacker things.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't scout or watch college football, but I'm concerned by the "undersized but plays hard" label. We have 2 guys like that now.

I'd be ok losing some pass coverage ability so that we can get a full sized player who can do the inside linebacker things.

Here are the three first round LBs:

In terms of length and weight, Bush is comparable to the other two guys. He's just an inch or two shorter. In fact, Bush has the longest wingspan of all three guys.

Simply put, people make the mistake of judging guys by their height and weight. They did it with Aaron Donald. I know because I spent months convincing people on here that Donald wasn't too small. When you watch Bush's film, you see that he's extremely strong, very physical, and hits like a freight train. He's not a finesse LB. He is, however, very athletic and capable of being a LB who excels in all phases of the game (run stopping, blitzing, and pass coverage).

1maGoh

Hall of Fame

In terms of length and weight, Bush is comparable to the other two guys. He's just an inch or two shorter. In fact, Bush has the longest wingspan of all three guys.

Simply put, people make the mistake of judging guys by their height and weight. They did it with Aaron Donald. I know because I spent months convincing people on here that Donald wasn't too small. When you watch Bush's film, you see that he's extremely strong, very physical, and hits like a freight train. He's not a finesse LB. He is, however, very athletic and capable of being a LB who excels in all phases of the game (run stopping, blitzing, and pass coverage).

I typically agree with the overvaluing of size or athletic measurements. For some reason I feel, but can't prove, that we've been dealing with the effects of not having a regular size linebackers for a long time. I just looked up size for Ogletree and Lauranitis, and I'm wrong.

Recency bias isn't usually my thing, but I guess I got got this time.

I usually trust your opinion on prospects when they're really strong like this one. I'm just struggling with the potential for size to still be an issue in the middle of our defense.

xander47

Rookie

I'd love a great lb, but I recall you saying before Wade just doesn't value LBs like that. Who

I'd love a great ILB, but I recall you saying before Wade's defense just doesn't value ILB than other positions. What were his best ILB in his previous defenses?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd love a great lb, but I recall you saying before Wade just doesn't value LBs like that. Who

I'd love a great ILB, but I recall you saying before Wade's defense just doesn't value ILB than other positions. What were his best ILB in his previous defenses?

It's not so much about valuing as it is about Wade being a magician with ILBs. His best ILBs have been Brian Cushing, Brandon Marshall, Danny Trevathan, Bradie James, Keith Brooking, Donnie Edwards, etc. Cushing and Brooking were both first rounders, but they were also drafted before Wade joined the team. Wade has been able to turn Day 3 picks and UDFAs (like Brandon Marshall, Trevathan, James, Littleton, etc.) into productive ILBs in his system.

I would not be surprised if we don't make a major move at ILB. It's possible they see Micah Kiser as the future starter. Kiser has some coverage limitations, but he has the speed (4.66 40) and instincts (averaged 131 tackles, 11 TFLs, and 6 sacks in his three years as a starter at UVA) to be a quality run stopper at ILB.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

He's bigger than London Fletcher was :) Bush would be an amazing get unfortunately I think the three discussed in here will be gone.

Lurker

UDFA
He's bigger than London Fletcher was :) Bush would be an amazing get unfortunately I think the three discussed in here will be gone.

Bush is an inch taller....but not bigger...Fletcher was 242 lbs. He was also slightly faster. I can't believe he wasn't drafted.

That being said, I will be quite happy if Bush is there for the Rams.
I would be even happier if the Rams could find another Fletcher type UDFA...(y)

Ram65

Legend
I was surprised with Bush's 40 time. Looks like he will go earlier. Have to see what happens before the draft. Wouldn't mind him with the ability to cover the field.