Detroit signs Jared Goff to 4 year $212M extension $170M guaranteed

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
I can make the same argument for Purdy over Goff.

Stafford was better than Goff last season. The Lions had a better offense over the course of the season, but maybe go back and look at both teams in the second half of the 2023 season. Once Williams was healthy and the line was set, the Rams offense was a machine. They lost one game in the second half of the season.. and that was in OT, on the road against the Ravens.
The Lions lost three games over the same time span to Green Bay, Chicago and Dallas.

For some reason, you think Stafford is over the hill. Why? I have no idea.. anyone who watches can tell, he's not. Again.. show me any throws that Goff makes that are as difficult as the one's I showed you. And then I'll pull up 5 more from Stafford.. The Puca diving catch at Baltimore.. the Puca sideline catch against Pittsburgh.. want great QB play? Audible call against Cleveland to nail Puca for the long TD.

You, for some reason, seem to think Goff is more than he is. Maybe you didn't like the trade.. Idk.. but you certainly aren't evaluating actual QB play.
That's fine just know i dont agree. When did I ever say Stafford was over the hill? I never said that so now you're just straight up lying or just delusional. He still a top 10 qb imo I just don't feel he's elite. Now is he a elite talent? Yes but elite talent doesn't always equal elite player. Idk why you keep bringing up throws like it's relevent..it isn't. Who cares as long as it's completed? I don't need it to be flashy I need it to be completed idc how. This is what I know. Last time I saw Stafford when I needed him to be great he wasn't. While the other qb was. It's that simple. It's not like stafford made plays and the recievers dropped it or someone else turned the ball over. It was relatively a clean gm and Goff made more plays than our guy and we lost. I don't understand how you can possibly disagree with that.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
Goff and the entire team were injured and a mess after WINNING A SUPER BOWL.
But.. you'd like to start the clock after the Super Bowl.
Nope.
You want recency? Look at the second half of last season.. production and success. If Williams isn't hurt, maybe the Rams are hosting a playoff game.. who knows? And, yes.. it's a valid argument because the Lions were healthy and stacked.

You don't seem to want to look at actual QB play.

Haven't seen you once address the Goff brain-fart backward throw. I know why.. it's because you know it's exactly the symptom that Goff critics point to.. and you are going to stand on a hill defending it because the ball bounced into a Lion's hands and not a Rams player. That's nonsense and is not evaluating actual QB play. Nonsense.
So you're picking 1 play.. 1 play out of 55 plays to try to prove a point? Yea that's cherry picking at its finest. The play is irrelevant. It didn't impact the game so why bring it up? Just like stafford almost turning the ball over in the rz or idk literally tripping over his own feet for the easy sack are irrelevant. None of those plays impacted the outcome of the gm so what's the point I'm bringing it up other than you trying to cherry pick 1 negative play out of 55? My god dude that's pure comedy

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
That's fine just know i dont agree. When did I ever say Stafford was over the hill? I never said that so now you're just straight up lying or just delusional. He still a top 10 qb imo I just don't feel he's elite. Now is he a elite talent? Yes but elite talent doesn't always equal elite player. Idk why you keep bringing up throws like it's relevent..it isn't. Who cares as long as it's completed? I don't need it to be flashy I need it to be completed idc how. This is what I know. Last time I saw Stafford when I needed him to be great he wasn't. While the other qb was. It's that simple. It's not like stafford made plays and the recievers dropped it or someone else turned the ball over. It was relatively a clean gm and Goff made more plays than our guy and we lost. I don't understand how you can possibly disagree with that.
The fact that you say Goff is a better QB and go on to say throws are irrelevant shows just how detached you are from any ability to objectively evaluate QB play.
A QB who nails a throw.. sidearm.. with a guy bearing down on him.. is a different level talent then a guy who can't make that throw and is inherently more valuable than the guy who can't make the throw. That's the essence of why Goff was traded to get Stafford. Stafford can make plays Goff could never, ever make.

Again... Stafford threw for more yards and more TDs... and only luck stopped Goff from having a truly disastrous play. Why won't you address the backwards, brain-fart throw?

I know why.. because you know it's a symptom of why he's not as good as Stafford.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
So you're picking 1 play.. 1 play out of 55 plays to try to prove a point? Yea that's cherry picking at its finest. The play is irrelevant. It didn't impact the game so why bring it up? Just like stafford almost turning the ball over in the rz or idk literally tripping over his own feet for the easy sack are irrelevant. None of those plays impacted the outcome of the gm so what's the point I'm bringing it up other than you trying to cherry pick 1 negative play out of 55? My god dude that's pure comedy
You're a parody, at this point.

Everyone who watches Goff knows that one of those game-changing disaster plays is possible when he gets any pressure. That's why playing behind one of the best two lines in the NFL is critical to his success.

Goff threw for one TD. One.

You're the one who is pure comedy.. and, again.. is shooting down the Rams QB in favor of another team's QB.

And.. finally.. using your standards.. Purdy is obviously better than Goff.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
You're a parody, at this point.

Everyone who watches Goff knows that one of those game-changing disaster plays is possible when he gets any pressure. That's why playing behind one of the best two lines in the NFL is critical to his success.

Goff threw for one TD. One.

You're the one who is pure comedy.. and, again.. is shooting down the Rams QB in favor of another team's QB.

And.. finally.. using your standards.. Purdy is obviously better than Goff.
Ok I know you don't want to have the discussion on which qb makes more disaster plays do you? That's a losing argument bud and it's not even close. Guess what that 1 td was in the rz where we needed Stafford to throw one. He didn't and we lost.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
The fact that you say Goff is a better QB and go on to say throws are irrelevant shows just how detached you are from any ability to objectively evaluate QB play.
A QB who nails a throw.. sidearm.. with a guy bearing down on him.. is a different level talent then a guy who can't make that throw and is inherently more valuable than the guy who can't make the throw. That's the essence of why Goff was traded to get Stafford. Stafford can make plays Goff could never, ever make.

Again... Stafford threw for more yards and more TDs... and only luck stopped Goff from having a truly disastrous play. Why won't you address the backwards, brain-fart throw?

I know why.. because you know it's a symptom of why he's not as good as Stafford.
Goff has won more recently and has better stats across the board. Doesn't matter if he doesn't have the arm talent of Stafford it doesn't stop him from performing at an elite lvl and that's what matters.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Ok I know you don't want to have the discussion on which qb makes more disaster plays do you? That's a losing argument bud and it's not even close. Guess what that 1 td was in the rz where we needed Stafford to throw one. He didn't and we lost.
Yeah, I know.
And.. again.. the Lions ran the ball in.. something the Rams couldn't do.

And.. for some reason.. you think that a TD pass from the one yard line is more important/valuable than a 50 yard TD and a 38 yard TD.

Honestly.. you're beyond parody.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Goff has won more recently and has better stats across the board. Doesn't matter if he doesn't have the arm talent of Stafford it doesn't stop him from performing at an elite lvl and that's what matters.
Goff... "elite"?

My dude.. no one.. anywhere.. would put him in an "elite" tier.

No one.

And.. again.. he got outperformed by Purdy, based on your standards.

You want to point to team success for QB stuff and that's just not a real thing, when it comes to evaluating actual QB play.

Goff is EXCELLENT.. in a very talented, highly structured offense. He's got plenty of arm, he's smart and accurate.
He has no ability to improvise when anything starts to break down. What's more.. when he's pressured, he starts to make truly mind-numbingly dumb plays. We saw it with the Rams.. we saw it in that playoff game.

I'll put it to you this way... Stafford can do absolutely everything Goff can do... and can do several things Goff could never do. It's that simple.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
Yeah, I know.
And.. again.. the Lions ran the ball in.. something the Rams couldn't do.

And.. for some reason.. you think that a TD pass from the one yard line is more important/valuable than a 50 yard TD and a 38 yard TD.

Honestly.. you're beyond parody.
You right so it was up to Stafford to make a play...did he? He had 3 tries. No he didn't. Lmao it counts the same. A td is a td. Does it matter how long it is? I much rather Stafford drain the clock with 10-15 play drives and get the ball in the endzone to drain as much clock possible. But hey you like the flashy stuff obviously.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
You right so it was up to Stafford to make a play...did he? He had 3 tries. No he didn't. Lmao it counts the same. A td is a td. Does it matter how long it is? I much rather Stafford drain the clock with 10-15 play drives and get the ball in the endzone to drain as much clock possible. But hey you like the flashy stuff obviously.
He's had plenty of those as well.
Okay.. a TD is a TD... and Stafford threw 2.. Goff 1.

And.. again.. explain to me why you're okay with Goff throwing the ball backwards when pressured? You do understand that was a bounce away from being a fumble returned for a TD, right? A truly DISASTER play. And you do know that's what we saw too much of when he was with the Rams.. right?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Geezus fucking krist. This thread is just a fucking flash back from the PD. I honestly can't get the joy you guys are getting out of this. Fuck it. I'm locking it. Seriously guys. This is idiotic.

Status
Not open for further replies.