Denver; what do they do at QB?/They trade for Mark Sanchez of course

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Call Manning and ask him to change his mind?

:LOL:

Seriously; have we seen anything like this?

The Broncos win the Super Bowl, and lose their starter and top backup in the offseason.

Since they pick 32nd, no doubt they're looking at Kaeperdick, Fitz, Sanchez, or RG3?

It's a crazy thing.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
091815_foles_600.jpg

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/03/10/what-about-tebow-in-denver/

What about Tebow in Denver?
Posted by Mike Florio on March 10, 2016

No, this isn’t click bait or trolling or whatever other term the cool kids have come up with. It’s a legitimate question given the current state of the Denver roster.

Should they bring back Tim Tebow?

Four years ago, the Broncos had an involuntary case of Tebowmania, thanks to a first-round quarterback John Elway inherited and couldn’t wait to unload, as evidenced by his infamous slow clap after Tebow won a Thursday night game against the Jets with an Antonio Cromartie don’t-raze-me-bro rampage to the end zone. Enter Peyton Manning, exit Tim Tebow, and that was the end of the story.

But the new story has had plenty of twists, with Manning leading the Broncos to the Super Bowl by turning around the passing game, the Broncos getting obliterated by a team with a dominant defense, and Elway deciding he needed to build a dominant defense of his own. He now has, and he’s done such a good job that the Broncos won the Super Bowl with an underwhelming performance from Manning, who finished the year averaging 6.8 yards per pass and throwing nine touchdown passes against 17 interceptions, with a passer rating of 67.9. In 2011, Tebow averaged 6.4 yards per pass, threw 12 touchdown passes against six interceptions, and had a passer rating of 72.9.

He also added 660 rushing yards and six touchdowns; that’s 666 more rushing yards that Manning (minus-6) had this year.

The Broncos’ official website recently declared that the team managed to win a Super Bowl with “sub-optimal, near-replacement-level quarterbacking.” Isn’t that also the official Tim Tebow scouting report?

The fact that Tebow previously played for the Broncos would make it very hard to justify bringing him back. But as Dolphins coach Adam Gase (and Broncos quarterbacks coach in 2011) explained it earlier this year on PFT Live, the key to using Tebow properly is to go all in with him. If the Broncos believe they can win with no passing game — and given the manner in which Tebow can enhance the running game — why not at least consider turning the offense over to Tebow and trusting the defense to keep things close?

The chances of it happening are incredibly slim to non-existent. But the fact that the Broncos believe they don’t have to reach to fill out the depth chart makes it far more likely that they’ll sign a free agent (like Ryan Fitzpatrick or Robert Griffin III), use the draft pick that otherwise would go to San Francisco for Colin Kaepernick on a young, cheap player, and maybe even give Trever Siemian a chance to earn the job.

Still, the fact that Tebow could be suggested with a semi-straight face shows how low the bar currently is for the Broncos at the quarterback position.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Call Manning and ask him to change his mind?

:LOL:

Seriously; have we seen anything like this?

The Broncos win the Super Bowl, and lose their starter and top backup in the offseason.

Since they pick 32nd, no doubt they're looking at Kaeperdick, Fitz, Sanchez, or RG3?

It's a crazy thing.

Well... technically they pick #31.

Because the cheaters got busted! Hahahahaha

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If I was Elway, these would be my top options in order from most desirable to least:
1. Trade a pick for Brett Hundley
2. Trade a pick for Mike Glennon and draft Connor Cook
3. Draft Connor Cook
4. Sign Fitzpatrick and draft Connor Cook
4. Trade a pick for Kaepernick and draft Connor Cook

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I think the Donkeys are in a big pile o' doodoo...I really don't beieve that they thought Osweiler would ride his bronco out of town...Will be interesting to see if Elway the magician can pull a Bronco out his hat...

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
Whoever goes there will be in a fabulous situation. Give em Foles lol

jap

Legend
Horns: Let us introduce you to Jolly Ole' Saint Nick!!! Ho, ho, ho!!!!

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Personally, I would love for them to be forced into giving my old High School QB, Trevor Siemian, a shot now that he is the only QB on the roster. I know he isn't starting caliber but it would be cool to say I played with the starting QB of the Denver Broncos.

Shawnbb158

Starter
If I was Elway, these would be my top options in order from most desirable to least:
3. Draft Connor Cook

What would ur thoughts be on Denver possibly trying to draft Conner cook? :whistle::sneaky::rolllaugh:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
3. Draft Connor Cook

Yep. Get one guy with experience and a rookie that is deemed NFL ready. Still not very inspiring for the Broncos fans.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yep. Get one guy with experience and a rookie that is deemed NFL ready. Still not very inspiring for the Broncos fans.

Eh. Not like they had good QB play in 2015. I really think Hundley could blow up on that team.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I know it isn't good value, but isn't it possible that Case Keenum is there best option? I mean, if Fitzpatrick is off the table and trading for a guy like Glennon cant get done. The Broncos first round pick is nearly a second round pick. They could offer Keenum and risk it. What would they lose? They have a very good team. They could afford to lose the pick. Keenum was supposedly their plan C. so maybe they like him a lot.

Now the other side of the coin is this. Are the Rams being truthful by calling Keenum the starter going in or is that to raise the stakes and get someone to give up a first round pick for him instead? If he left the Rams would be in tough shape. But two firsts and two seconds, could move them pretty high on the draft board. Maybe to #1 and Wentz. Or, at least in a position to fill a lot of needs early, including future QB.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Eh. Not like they had good QB play in 2015. I really think Hundley could blow up on that team.

IIRC you were not that high on Hundley in the draft. Maybe I am wrong. I know I wasn't and a few preseason games don't sway me so easily.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
IIRC you were not that high on Hundley in the draft. Maybe I am wrong. I know I wasn't and a few preseason games don't sway me so easily.

I had him as a 2nd/3rd rounder. Wasn't high or low on him. Thought he was a good developmental QB but there were too many unanswered questions for me to consider him a first round pick.

I think if you watched the preseason games, you might feel differently. Film is film. The preseason is less about results and more about what you see when you evaluate the player. Hundley answered a lot of the questions I had and showed tremendous improvement in a few areas.

Nobody questions the tools. What I saw gave me confidence that the rest of the skill-set is there.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I had him as a 2nd/3rd rounder. Wasn't high or low on him. Thought he was a good developmental QB but there were too many unanswered questions for me to consider him a first round pick.

I think if you watched the preseason games, you might feel differently. Film is film. The preseason is less about results and more about what you see when you evaluate the player. Hundley answered a lot of the questions I had and showed tremendous improvement in a few areas.

Nobody questions the tools. What I saw gave me confidence that the rest of the skill-set is there.

The QBs usually aren't under much real game stress in pre-season games. That was my biggest concern with Hundley; bad decisions under fire. It is still unproven until you see him in a few real games. If he didn't have a history of it in college, then it would be different.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The QBs usually aren't under much real game stress in pre-season games. That was my biggest concern with Hundley; bad decisions under fire. It is still unproven until you see him in a few real games. If he didn't have a history of it in college, then it would be different.

That's one of the things he improved tremendously on. Was moving in the pocket, avoiding pressure, and keeping his eyes down-field. His pocket movement skills improved significantly.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
1. Find a vet bridge option.
2. Move ahead of Rams and take Lynch.