Deion/Shedeur Sanders.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Psycho_X

Legend
My god I'm so sick of Deion at this point. They should be concentrating on making sure Shedeur actually plays well enough (and maybe actually win something worth bragging about) this year to even be considered a 1st round pick let alone a #1 overall pick. Right now I'm not sure Shedeur is even a day 3 pick if he was in this year's draft. Not to mention I'm guessing he's got Deion's entitlement issues that I wouldn't even want on my team if he was worthy of a #1 overall pick.

Deion Sanders issues warning about 2025 NFL draft: `It's gonna be an Eli'

Colorado football coach Deion Sanders has fired a warning shot about what might go down in the 2025 NFL draft.

His top players might refuse to play for certain NFL teams, sort of like how quarterback Eli Manning refused to play for the San Diego Chargers in 2004. The Chargers selected Manning with the No. 1 pick that year but then soon traded him to the New York Giants. Next year, Sanders’ quarterback son at Colorado, Shedeur, is expected to be a top pick, along with Colorado’s two-way star Travis Hunter.

“I know where I want them to go,” Sanders said recently on the “Million Dollaz Worth of Game” podcast.. “So It’s certain cities that ain’t gonna happen… It’s gonna be an Eli.”

Sanders predicted Shedeur or Hunter would be selected No. 1 overall next year, with the other one getting picked no later than fourth overall.

He didn’t say which teams he didn't want to draft his players but is known to be fond of Atlanta and Dallas, among other cities. Sanders played in both cities during his own NFL career. Atlanta, he said, was the “first time I saw Black people in positions of authority,” which he said “blew my mind."

Sanders, 56, previously said in a separate interview with host Chris Russo on SiriusXM that he didn’t want Shedeur “going nowhere cold.”

“He grew up in Texas,” Sanders said then. “He played in Jackson (Mississippi), played in Colorado. Season’s over before it gets cold in Colorado. I’m just thinking way ahead. I don’t want that for him.”

Hunter, a cornerback and receiver, is expected to forgo his remaining college eligibility to turn pro after the 2024 season. Shedeur Sanders has recovered from a back injury and is heading into his final college year in Boulder. The Buffaloes play their annual intrasquad spring game on April 27 before opening the season Aug. 31 at home against North Dakota State.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't know about anybody else but I'm so fucking over Prime and him running his mouth. When he started coaching and when he went to Colorado I was rooting for them. Now I want them to lose every weekend.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
"Season’s over before it gets cold in Colorado."

Samuel L Jackson Reaction GIF by Coming to America

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I keep picturing Coach ‘Me’ singing his version of the Milli Vanilli song ‘Blame it on the rain’. But Deion sings ‘Blame it on the cold’

I had no problem with Sanders until he took that Colorado job and keeps the spotlight on himself .

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Yeah - Deion has always been about Deion. "I don't want that for him." Notice it's not, "I want to do whatever I can to help him get what HE wants."

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was a big fan of Deon the coach. Thought it was great, but man did that turn.
And what a disservice he’s doing to his kid.
You can pull an Eli when you’re the 1st pick in the draft. But when Cleveland or the Jets take you in the 2nd round, good luck with that

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
I was a big fan of Deon the coach. Thought it was great, but man did that turn.
And what a disservice he’s doing to his kid.
You can pull an Eli when you’re the 1st pick in the draft. But when Cleveland or the Jets take you in the 2nd round, good luck with that
I would have added a high five if I could have.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Buffs better make a bowl game this season or that seat is going to get awfully warm.
According to Sanders, they have this 1st pick/1st round talent right? So what is holding it back from winning more than 4 games?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Buffs better make a bowl game this season or that seat is going to get awfully warm.
According to Sanders, they have this 1st pick/1st round talent right? So what is holding it back from winning more than 4 games?
Seems skill position guys want to play for him but not the big uglies. All this shit he's spewing makes me hope 4 wins is their max.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Seems skill position guys want to play for him but not the big uglies. All this shit he's spewing makes me hope 4 wins is their max.
Yeah I don't think Deion has the first clue about building a roster. His name undoubtedly helps him with some recruiting but in today's college game stacking a roster is a nightmare. You gotta be good at more than just grabbing limelight and working the media because winning actual games is a requirement.

If they lose and shit disintegrates it will be very funny. What he should have done was use his clout to get his boys into good programs with solid teachers who will prep them for the pro game. But it's all about him still. :laugh4:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Deion and Shadeur need to Shaddup.

They are painting a picture of what having Shadeur on an NFL team will be like with his meddling father constantly running to the press.

Before you know it, Deion is going to say that any NFL team that drafts Shadeur has to hire Deion as the head coach.

Psycho_X

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well now Deion is saying this isn't true so will see how that all plays out a year from now. But since I started this thread I figured it'd be good to add some of the things he is disputing about the original assumptions. Either way, he should focus more on getting his team a winning record first.

Deion Sanders denies he made list of NFL teams he'd let his kids play for: 'That's a stupid lie'
Jack Baer

Deion Sanders has big plans for his children, Colorado players Shilo and Shedeur Sanders, plus star Travis Hunter, in the NFL Draft. He just doesn't have a specific list of teams he'll allow to draft them.

The Colorado head coach grabbed headlines yet again last month with reports that he had a list of six NFL teams he would approve his kids playing for: supposedly the Philadelphia Eagles, Atlanta Falcons, San Francisco 49ers, Washington Commodes, Dallas Cowboys and Baltimore Ravens.

Not coincidentally, five of those are teams Deion played for during his NFL career.

However, Sanders threw a couple buckets of cold water on those reports this week, first telling a local CBS affiliate it was "a stupid lie" (video above):

"Who said that and did you see me say that? ... The thing about a lie, a lie is so fast. It can outrun the truth any day. That's a bold-faced lie. That's a stupid lie. I have more than six owners that are friends. I have more than six GMs that are friends. You gotta understand I played 14 [seasons] and I worked another 17, I believe, in the NFL, NFL Network and CBS. I know a lot of people. Come on. So I would never do that. Before I would disclose — if I was that stupid, I wouldn't disclose the teams I would want them to play for, I would disclose the several that I wouldn't."

He disputed it again with reporters on Thursday.

The past few days have seen a steady stream of aggregations and reaction to the idea of Sanders going full helicopter parent as his kids move toward the NFL. However, the origin of the report appears to be a few weeks old and, as Sanders indicated, not exactly what the man said.

Why do people think Deion Sanders will only let his kids play for six NFL teams?
As far as we can tell, the majority of reports on Sanders' "list" originate from one New York Post article published March 25, which itself is based on an appearance Sanders made on the "Million Dollaz Worth Of Game" podcast published March 22. Other outlets, such as ESPN and CBS Sports, aggregated the same "information" after the Post article published, and more did the same this week.

We're now going to list every quote we could find from Sanders on this 75-minute podcast that concerns his children and their potential draft destinations.

The main one, in which Sanders makes clear that there are certain teams he will not allow to draft his children and Hunter, with an overt threat of pulling an Eli Manning (i.e. refuse to play for a team that drafts you a la the 2004 stand-off that led to the youngest Manning brother being traded from the San Diego Chargers):

"One of them is going to be one, and the latter one would not go behind four. Now, all this is subjective, because I know where I want — kinda want them to go. And let's not forget Shilo, but I know where I want them to go. So with certain cities, ain't gonna happen. It's gonna be Eli. We ain't doing it."

A host then notes that "whatever cities they go to, you got people there," to which Sanders responds "Oh yeah."

Later, one of the hosts said they would take Shilo on the Eagles. Sanders' response:

"Yeah, that would be good for him."

And finally, Sanders says this about the Falcons:

"It was certain cities that fit. Atlanta fit. And that's what I want for my kids. All of them. I want the right fit."

"What is it about Atlanta?"

"First of all, there's the ethnicity, because that's the first time I ever saw Black people in positions of authority. I had never seen African Americans as doctors and lawyers until I went on an All-American visit there. Blew my mind."

That appears to be it.

And yet, the Post reported this in the 11th paragraph of its story:

"He also named San Francisco, Dallas, Washington and Baltimore as potential cities he would approve of them playing in — all of which are teams he played for during his 14-season career."

Yahoo Sports could not find any mention of San Francisco, Dallas, Washington or Baltimore in a review of the podcast.

Deion Sanders knows where he wants his children, Shedeur and Shilo, to go. The list just appears to be longer than six teams.

So, like Sanders, we're not quite sure how this list came to be. However, it would also be false to say Sanders isn't pulling some machinations to prevent his children from going to a place he doesn't want. He outright said he is willing to do what the Manning family did in 2004, which along with John Elway is the most famous example of a player trying to exert his will on the usually iron-fisted draft process.

Sanders also outright said he doesn't want his kids playing for a cold-weather team last month, which creates its own sort of list (though apparently Philadelphia doesn't count).

All of this appears to be a product of a game of telephone involving a podcast, a tabloid and aggregators hungry for Sanders content. Which is odd considering how much Sanders is already willing to do to raise the profile of his Colorado program.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Well now Deion is saying this isn't true so will see how that all plays out a year from now. But since I started this thread I figured it'd be good to add some of the things he is disputing about the original assumptions. Either way, he should focus more on getting his team a winning record first.

Deion Sanders denies he made list of NFL teams he'd let his kids play for: 'That's a stupid lie'
Jack Baer

Deion Sanders has big plans for his children, Colorado players Shilo and Shedeur Sanders, plus star Travis Hunter, in the NFL Draft. He just doesn't have a specific list of teams he'll allow to draft them.

The Colorado head coach grabbed headlines yet again last month with reports that he had a list of six NFL teams he would approve his kids playing for: supposedly the Philadelphia Eagles, Atlanta Falcons, San Francisco 49ers, Washington Commodes, Dallas Cowboys and Baltimore Ravens.

Not coincidentally, five of those are teams Deion played for during his NFL career.

However, Sanders threw a couple buckets of cold water on those reports this week, first telling a local CBS affiliate it was "a stupid lie" (video above):

"Who said that and did you see me say that? ... The thing about a lie, a lie is so fast. It can outrun the truth any day. That's a bold-faced lie. That's a stupid lie. I have more than six owners that are friends. I have more than six GMs that are friends. You gotta understand I played 14 [seasons] and I worked another 17, I believe, in the NFL, NFL Network and CBS. I know a lot of people. Come on. So I would never do that. Before I would disclose — if I was that stupid, I wouldn't disclose the teams I would want them to play for, I would disclose the several that I wouldn't."

He disputed it again with reporters on Thursday.

The past few days have seen a steady stream of aggregations and reaction to the idea of Sanders going full helicopter parent as his kids move toward the NFL. However, the origin of the report appears to be a few weeks old and, as Sanders indicated, not exactly what the man said.

Why do people think Deion Sanders will only let his kids play for six NFL teams?
As far as we can tell, the majority of reports on Sanders' "list" originate from one New York Post article published March 25, which itself is based on an appearance Sanders made on the "Million Dollaz Worth Of Game" podcast published March 22. Other outlets, such as ESPN and CBS Sports, aggregated the same "information" after the Post article published, and more did the same this week.

We're now going to list every quote we could find from Sanders on this 75-minute podcast that concerns his children and their potential draft destinations.

The main one, in which Sanders makes clear that there are certain teams he will not allow to draft his children and Hunter, with an overt threat of pulling an Eli Manning (i.e. refuse to play for a team that drafts you a la the 2004 stand-off that led to the youngest Manning brother being traded from the San Diego Chargers):

"One of them is going to be one, and the latter one would not go behind four. Now, all this is subjective, because I know where I want — kinda want them to go. And let's not forget Shilo, but I know where I want them to go. So with certain cities, ain't gonna happen. It's gonna be Eli. We ain't doing it."

A host then notes that "whatever cities they go to, you got people there," to which Sanders responds "Oh yeah."

Later, one of the hosts said they would take Shilo on the Eagles. Sanders' response:

"Yeah, that would be good for him."

And finally, Sanders says this about the Falcons:

"It was certain cities that fit. Atlanta fit. And that's what I want for my kids. All of them. I want the right fit."

"What is it about Atlanta?"

"First of all, there's the ethnicity, because that's the first time I ever saw Black people in positions of authority. I had never seen African Americans as doctors and lawyers until I went on an All-American visit there. Blew my mind."

That appears to be it.

And yet, the Post reported this in the 11th paragraph of its story:

"He also named San Francisco, Dallas, Washington and Baltimore as potential cities he would approve of them playing in — all of which are teams he played for during his 14-season career."

Yahoo Sports could not find any mention of San Francisco, Dallas, Washington or Baltimore in a review of the podcast.

Deion Sanders knows where he wants his children, Shedeur and Shilo, to go. The list just appears to be longer than six teams.

So, like Sanders, we're not quite sure how this list came to be. However, it would also be false to say Sanders isn't pulling some machinations to prevent his children from going to a place he doesn't want. He outright said he is willing to do what the Manning family did in 2004, which along with John Elway is the most famous example of a player trying to exert his will on the usually iron-fisted draft process.

Sanders also outright said he doesn't want his kids playing for a cold-weather team last month, which creates its own sort of list (though apparently Philadelphia doesn't count).

All of this appears to be a product of a game of telephone involving a podcast, a tabloid and aggregators hungry for Sanders content. Which is odd considering how much Sanders is already willing to do to raise the profile of his Colorado program.
I suppose it's not surprising that the media engaged in a game of grapevine.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Deion talks way too much. He should exercise restraint.

The Atlanta comment is funny. Just because it’s the first place he’s been with black doctors and lawyers and people in power, doesn’t mean it’s the only place. He can find that in just about every major city in the country. Heck, my little town of Danville PA has black Doctors and Lawyers. We’ve got Doctors of every color and from countries around the globe.

The more Deion talks, the smaller he becomes.