Deion Sanders: They’re letting too many players into the Hall of Fame

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
If owens is in and Bruce is not, then there has to be at least one more. The only thing I ever saw owens do on the field better than Bruce was drop passes in traffic, especially over the middle. You never heard an announcer act as surprised when owens dropped a pass as they would if Bruce did.

He might have been a more physically gifted guy than Bruce, but he was soft.
"Reverend Ike" was better, just quieter about it.

Debacled

Starter
Honestly why isn't playing for a long time considered a desired achievement? Guys that remained relevant or even elite into their late 30s and sometimes 40s should get some credit for still being able to do it well after other guys would have had to hang it up. Guys who had to walk away in their mid 30s like Sanders sure are quick to discredit qualifications they couldn't hack themselves

Its like discrediting ironman streaks. Doesn't make sense

Ram77

Rookie
Yeah and Deion was probably the softest Defensive player in league history. He was great in coverage but the guy hated tackling more than Trigonometry

tempests

Hall of Fame
Bettis is still one of my favourite RBs to have seen play. Very rare for someone as big as he was to have such quick feet. Maybe there's not as much glory in being a short yardage/goal line/grind it out chain mover but for years he was the best thing the Steelers had on offense and Bill Cowher doesn't have the coaching success he had without him.

Kevin Greene's love for the Steelers and desire to be remembered as one is hard to stomach and I've said my piece about that in the past. That being said, most sacks ever by a linebacker, more than Lawrence Taylor, Derrick Thomas, Demarcus Ware....not a bad calling card at all.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
He is absolutely correct.
1580539340575.png

TexasRam

Legend
Interesting take by a defender that was one of the worst tackling CB's of his time.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Interesting take by a defender that was one of the worst tackling CB's of his time.

Wasn't there a span of seasons where he played for the cowboys, whiners then cowboys again and each team won the superbowl? He was that good.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I tend to agree, and at the risk of blasphemy, I will list two Rams in the HOF who I don't really think merit the honor: Kevin Greene and Jerome Bettis.

Greene was a good edge rusher, but was he really a guy that could just completely take over a game the way other edge-rushing OLB's were? I don't think so. A good, even very good player, but not a HOFer.

Similarly, compare Bettis to two Rams RBs that are in the HOF (and are most worthy of it) - Dickerson and Faulk. Those two guys could dominate games in ways that Bettis never could, and in Dickerson's case, he did it without much of any pass offense to help. In Faulk's case, his ridiculous versatility made him into a weapon of the likes that Bettis could never have been.

There are plenty of other players on other teams too. And I think several of the WRs that went in before Bruce and Holt (both HOF worthy) probably shouldn't be there.

Sanders may be a dilrod at times, but he's right on this one.

being on the Steelers helped. Much of NOT consideration has to do with team success. If they both went to the Browns, I doubt they get in.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
A predictable effort to pump yourself up by belittling others.

I would expect nothing less from Deion Sanders, making him a POS human being.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wasn't there a span of seasons where he played for the cowboys, whiners then cowboys again and each team won the superbowl? He was that good.

No there wasn’t.
he quit on the Falcons and signed on with the 49ers who were winning SB left and right. He bailed on them to join the Cowboys because they were winning SB.
He caught both teams at the end of their SB run, they had already won plenty without him and neither has won since. Heck the Cowboys sucked after his first season
Deion was all about Deion
Seems as though that hasn’t changed

pmil66

Starter
Name
pmil
Do not believe there is one player currently in the hall of fame that is losing any sleep on whether Deion thinks they belong or not.
Call them out Deion.

Last edited:

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Excellent examples for sure, and I agree with your descriptions on both players.

You could have just said that they were both HOF pretenders because they both played for the squealers though... that would have been more than enough to close both cases for me. :p

Plus... with Greene. I kinda had a bad experience with him when he was still a Ram. I got over on him in the end... but it basically ended my fandom for him even before he left to play for the enemy.

Spill it I want to hear.

Sanders is right. The HOF is putting players in because of the quota.

Get rid of it.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No there wasn’t.
he quit on the Falcons and signed on with the 49ers who were winning SB left and right. He bailed on them to join the Cowboys because they were winning SB.
He caught both teams at the end of their SB run, they had already won plenty without him and neither has won since. Heck the Cowboys sucked after his first season
Deion was all about Deion
Seems as though that hasn’t changed

Yeah, i don't know why i thought it happened the other way.

Still, he went to the whiners and they won after not being able to get over the hump for 5 seasons. And then the next season went to the cowboys and they won after losing to the whiners the year before in the nfc championship game.

It can be argued he was the difference.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
E James got in he's absolutely right. Instead of putting in people who deserve it they're putting in a certain number every year and some people don't belong in there.