Daylight Saving Time

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Daylight Saving Time

• Keep it

Votes: 11 19.6%
  • Eliminate it

Votes: 33 58.9%
  • Neutral

Votes: 12 21.4%

• Total voters
I've had to change my work day hours from 8-4:30 to 7-3:30 because of this stupid crap. Mainly because where I live now (an hour away from work) is on a mountain with ZERO street lights and a curvy road with no barriers. I'll fall right off that crap if I can't see where I'm going.

freak you Ben Franklin.
Not your best idea.

Welllll - without Daylight Savings, the 7-3:30 time slot would be the year round one, so at least you got some benefit.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Welllll - without Daylight Savings, the 7-3:30 time slot would be the year round one, so at least you got some benefit.
Yeah, I didn't realize until this year (and I'm 32) that daylight savings time was the summer, not the winter. Everyone I've talked to recently likes the summer daylight hours and hates the winter.

I just like moving the clock back and sleeping an extra hour. I couldn't care less how much daylight there is. Let me sleep more.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
So this was an interesting re-read. I was going to post a new thread but thought I recalled a previous thread on the subject.

It's timely now in that a bill to end this silly system has passed the Senate and it looks like an identical bill will pass the House. Come 2023, we are likely going to be leaving our damn clocks alone in Nov and March.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
So this was an interesting re-read. I was going to post a new thread but thought I recalled a previous thread on the subject.

It's timely now in that a bill to end this silly system has passed the Senate and it looks like an identical bill will pass the House. Come 2023, we are likely going to be leaving our damn clocks alone in Nov and March.

Man I'll miss it. That first Sunday in October after the afternoon game, and everything is dark. Pretty cool feeling.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sign me up for this change.

During our shortest day of the year the sun is down by 4:30pm. Thats too damn early.

Q729

Legend
I like the extra daylight at the end of the day, but not sure about those days where the sun wouldn't come up til about 8am or so. Plus I love the day the clock goes back an hour. Just that day. So who the fuck knows where I stand. :effifiknow:

Good memory.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Sign me up for this change.

During our shortest day of the year the sun is down by 4:30pm. Thats too damn early.
Maybe I'm confused.

Isn't daylight savings time a spring change?
Meaning, winter will still be the same, but summer days it will get dark sooner?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Maybe I'm confused.

Meaning, winter will still be the same, but summer days it will get dark sooner?

If I understand correctly… the current time (the Spring forward) is the one that stays. No Fall back.

But maybe someone else sees that different? Thats the only way to meet the intended benefit of brighter evenings.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
It was something needed when they implemented it but yeah that need has looooooooong since passed so end it.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Maybe I'm confused.

Yeah... Even the name of the system is fucked up. It literally makes no sense.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
If I understand correctly… the current time (the Spring forward) is the one that stays. No Fall back.

But maybe someone else sees that different? Thats the only way to meet the intended benefit of brighter evenings.
Daylight saving starts in spring. Daylight savings ends in fall. If you dislike the "fall back" portion of daylight saving, you dislike real time.

Psycho_X

Legend
I'd like to be done with it but i'd like to stay in standard time. I don't want to be driving to work in pitch dark with it icing or snowing in deep winter.

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It’s been eliminated both here and in Russia before. Then in both cases it was restored.

From Wikipedia—

“Permanent daylight savings time was enacted for the winter of 1974, but there were complaints of children going to school in the dark and working people commuting and starting their work day in pitch darkness during the winter months, and it was repealed a year later.”

So here we go again.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Your sourcenis CBS, that’s the first problem lol.

The current fall forward will keep the time permanent. So not changing it again. Personally it doesn’t bother me. But I’m just a small minority who believes this…wait that means it should go my way and only my way lol

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
So......we don't want to get rid of "daylight savings"?
We want to adopt it year round?

I think That's what I want?

JustMe

Rookie
Name
Just Me
I actually like not having it here in AZ.

I do miss it being light out 9pm in the summer. But I also don’t miss it being dark at 4pm in the winter.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
The bill that passed is to make daylight time permanent. The current time we are on now.

The U.S. Senate passed a bill on Tuesday that would make daylight time permanent.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Daylight saving starts in spring. Daylight savings ends in fall. If you dislike the "fall back" portion of daylight saving, you dislike real time.

I guess for me, that would be true.

Next request; I’d like my area to move from the Atlantic Time Zone to Eastern. It SUCKS being an hour ahead (+) of pretty much everyone else in US/Canada.

North-America-Timezone-Map.png

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
We voted to end daylight savings time a couple years ago in California. But we have to wait till the state legislature votes on it. They might finally get around to it in ten years or so.