DRAFT Day two: Rds 2 and 3

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Also for those concerned about the 40 time... A ballhawking safety who runs a 4.4 isn't gonna be on the fuckin board in round 3. Recognition and anticipation is king for safeties. How fast they react too. If you run a 4.4 and spend half a second longer seeing what is coming you can tack that shit onto your fast 40.

This guy wasn't my favorite safety but he's solid as hell. Nice need fill here.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't question every pick. I loved the picks of Verse and Fiske. But the front office, as fantastic as they are, aren't infallible. Burgess was another late third round safety, about the same size as Kinchens (but without the production). How did that work out again? Or Taylor Rapp (whom, I admit, I was hoping for in the second round of that year)? Bobby Evans? Darrell Henderson? David Long? Terrell Lewis?

They're not perfect, they're not going to bat, 1.000, and I have every right to question them as a fan.
No but fans are so it's all right to complain when their board doesn't mesh with yours? Did we or did we not add 4 players at positions of need and by most accounts other than yours add good players? We're literally 30 hours into the draft and people are pissing and moaning about adding good players. Silly season doesn't seem strong enough of a phrase any more. Anti Know it All season seems better.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Also for those concerned about the 40 time... A ballhawking safety who runs a 4.4 isn't gonna be on the fuckin board in round 3. Recognition and anticipation is king for safeties. How fast they react too. If you run a 4.4 and spend half a second longer seeing what is coming you can tack that shit onto your fast 40.

I think he covers ground well just doesn't test well in the athleticism drills 10 yard, vert, broad but he is another dude that is a football player. No need for alarm, concern is fair, our track record is decent for DB's. Hope the instincts are there in the big leagues

DzRams

Rookie
Name
Desmal M
I'll be honest, I don't like this pick. Talented player, but we had bigger needs, and I'm not exactly sure he's that much better than Cody Schrader.
Don't worry, we may be able to get Schrade too....as a UDFA. :p

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ton of talent left in this draft. Crazy.
Still some intriguing WRs. Some major deep threats (Troy Franklin, Tez Walker, Anthony Gould), YAC guy and stud special teamers (Ainias Smith and Tulu Griffin), toolsy WR/TE tweener (Johnny Wilson), Memento's crush (Jordan Whittington), and Jerry Rice's son (Brenden).

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I think he covers ground well just doesn't test well in the athleticism drills 10 yard, vert, broad but he is another dude that is a football player. No need for alarm, concern is fair, our track record is decent for DB's. Hope the instincts are there in the big leagues
The most upgraded position on this team is safety I think. Curl is excellent, and if they hit on this kid it's gonna be night and day compared to what we have had.

Only real concern for me now in the secondary is corner health.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
The most upgraded position on this team is safety I think. Curl is excellent, and if they hit on this kid it's gonna be night and day compared to what we have had.

Only real concern for me now in the secondary is corner health.
Definite upgrade and depth now too.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Definite upgrade and depth now too.
They will draft an athletic raw CB with one of those 6th's and just try to develop him. Hopefully, Tomlinson makes a move this yr to be able to play in nickel & dime situations.

sloramfan

Starter
omg! what a snead mcvay interview!!

as i was listening to the interview i couldn't stop watching snead constantly fidgeting... lol

snead looked like he had way too much "coffee"?... LMAO

mcvay's reactions and facial's to sneads comments were pure comedy...

maybe i was reading to much into it, as near the end snead said he was "fried", so he gets the benefit of the doubt...

a long two days for sure... hit the hay quick tonight snead.. just one more day to go...

get that much needed rest les, we need you to be at your best tomorrow....

go rams

slo

Last edited:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Still some intriguing WRs. Some major deep threats (Troy Franklin, Tez Walker, Anthony Gould), YAC guy and stud special teamers (Ainias Smith and Tulu Griffin), toolsy WR/TE tweener (Johnny Wilson), Memento's crush (Jordan Whittington), and Jerry Rice's son (Brenden).
I like Ainias Smith and Tulu Griffin, personally, because we could use a dynamic return man. And both guys have potential at WR. Griffin is an electric athlete, but the effort wasn't there too often in college. If you can get through to him and get him to flip that switch, he has huge upside. Twitchy as hell, graceful mover, and elite burst. Ainias Smith is a thicker guy who has burst and YAC skills, but he doesn't change directions as effortlessly as Griffin.

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
The fact that we lost the ultimate "Big Homie" on our defense...the physical guy that defined the toughness on our team..... to then go draft defensive players who are fit the mold of tough physical guys with and nasty streak.... I'm just liking how this draft reinforces the culture we'll need post AD....

Also, with Kinchens being drafted.... I think it's safe to say that we'll be using an extra safety in Nickel, and 2 extra safeties in Dime...

physical play is going to be the norm

jjab360

Legend

There's obviously a ton of value in trying to evaluate character/maturity, our latest drafts can attest to that.

However Ballard does have a valid point about the anonymous scout media misinformation circus. I'm fine with talking up these guys when they have positive character attributes but if you take the low hanging fruit of saying some of the less articulate prospects are a "bad interview" then show the receipts.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Yeah I'm surprised to hear so much panic. We'd all love to have Brian Branch about now.

Last edited:

RamsFan4Life

Starter
I have to think Rams FO knows more than me on this one and only time will tell who was right

I do hope they pulled a Swami move and stole us an All-Pro late in the 3rd.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I have to think Rams FO knows more than me on this one and only time will tell who was right

I would like to think so too (more than any of us) ... And, of course, I believe they do.

However, I was taken-aback ... Just a Little ... when Snead could not remember Marshawn Kneeland's name during yesterday's press conference. Kneeland was one of the top-10 Edge, and was a mid second-round selection by Dallas. He was also a teammate of Braden Fiske at Western Michigan but Snead completely whiffed on his name.

Memphis Ram

Legend

Grade
B+

Los Angeles Rams

Day 2 draft picks

Day 1 grade: A

Analysis: One day after making their first Day 1 pick since 2016, the Rams traded up in Round 2 to pick Fiske, an athletic, high motor interior player who should help fill the massive void left by Aaron Donald's retirement. L.A. gave up a fifth-rounder and a 2025 second-round pick to move up 13 spots for the defender. Corum will be a quality pro back, who will run, receive and pass protect as a rookie. He was an excellent value in the middle of the third round. Kinchens will likely take over at free safety at some point in his rookie year because he gets downhill and plays the ball well in coverage.

RamsFan4Life

Starter
I would like to think so too (more than any of us) ... And, of course, I believe they do.

However, I was taken-aback ... Just a Little ... when Snead could not remember Marshawn Kneeland's name during yesterday's press conference. Kneeland was one of the top-10 Edge, and was a mid second-round selection by Dallas. He was also a teammate of Braden Fiske at Western Michigan but Snead completely whiffed on his name.
Having never prepped for an NFL draft, I have zero insight into his overall “state” at that time……

But having drove all night or stayed up all night for concert tickets, playoff tickets, whathaveyou, I am going to rub up against our agreed upon axiom above and pass him a big bowl of “slack”. I have no idea but I would tend to think he wasn’t as memorable to him as he was to others.

And with a few exceptions, I do appreciate our FO