CAMP REPORT Day 6 Aug 4

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

sloramfan

Starter
i'll explaine it to you so ram...

i was critical of the pick...

if he works out, i'll eat crow...

go rams

slo

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
i know i will eat some crow...

and be damned glad to do it...

go tutu...

go rams

slo
In fairness I believe I can post unequivocally we were all critical of the pick and would be glad to join you at the table.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
In fairness I believe I can post unequivocally we were all critical of the pick and would be glad to join you at the table.
I just wrote on another thread... I think the critics will be more right than wrong about the pick.

I just don't see Tutu being able to make enough of an impact to justify that high of a pick.

Doesn't mean it's a wasted pick... but I think they were too optimistic.

Now, that doesn't mean he won't be useful or contribute on offense. I think he can this year. If he gets loose deep a couple of times early in the season.. it will probably make Kupp and Robinson even more effective.

I hope that happens.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Now, that doesn't mean he won't be useful or contribute on offense. I think he can this year. If he gets loose deep a couple of times early in the season.. it will probably make Kupp and Robinson even more effective.

I hope that happens.
I think that is what all of us are hoping for the ability to stretch the defense with an occasional jet sweep combined with some quick screens to take advantage of his speed. Recommended Tutu utilize the sideline to his advantage also.

I'm glad he's having an outstanding camp, he needed that for his confidence once the season starts, the ability to make an impact plus stay healthy will be what all of us are looking for in him.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I think that is what all of us are hoping for the ability to stretch the defense with an occasional jet sweep combined with some quick screens to take advantage of his speed. Recommended Tutu utilize the sideline to his advantage also.

I'm glad he's having an outstanding camp, he needed that for his confidence once the season starts, the ability to make an impact plus stay healthy will be what all of us are looking for in him.
I honestly wouldn't give him a single carry on a jet sweep. I'm not letting him have the ball anywhere he could take that kind of punishment.
Remember that the GSOT guys regularly would "sit down" after a catch.. that's what I want Tutu to do, when appropriate. He just ain't gonna survive, otherwise.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'm not worried about Tutu's size. Not worried about his weight. Not worried about him getting hurt either, as all that stuff is unknown.

What bugs me is McVay needed to call him out. That means they missed some shit with him in their evaluation. In how he's wired.

Then I hear Vet & Bubba, who I trust, mention he looks like he takes off snaps in camp.

So for me time will tell. Maybe he busts his butt and helps his team win this year. But then what. Will he be able to stay hungry and competitive. This league eats dudes who get satisfied. Guys who take snaps off are the ones who it's a mistake to pay.

Whether he was worth that pick might take a long time to sort out. There are some warning signs. But maybe he pulls through. Not rooting against him here, I of course want to see him succeed.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I'm not worried about Tutu's size. Not worried about his weight. Not worried about him getting hurt either, as all that stuff is unknown.

What bugs me is McVay needed to call him out. That means they missed some shit with him in their evaluation. In how he's wired.

Then I hear Vet & Bubba, who I trust, mention he looks like he takes off snaps in camp.

So for me time will tell. Maybe he busts his butt and helps his team win this year. But then what. Will he be able to stay hungry and competitive. This league eats dudes who get satisfied. Guys who take snaps off are the ones who it's a mistake to pay.

Whether he was worth that pick might take a long time to sort out. There are some warning signs. But maybe he pulls through. Not rooting against him here, I of course want to see him succeed.
I get where you're coming from and all that is 100% valid.

My point was, even if he figures *that* stuff out? There's still a serious lid on what he can contribute, imo.