Davon Godchaux learned to be nasty in one year with Ndamukong Suh

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TSFH Fan

Epic Music Guy
Davon Godchaux learned to be nasty in one year with Ndamukong Suh
http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachp...d-to-be-nasty-in-one-year-with-ndamukong-suh/
May 30, 2018 2018
suh.jpg

Ndamukong Suh was a good teacher for Davon Godchaux. (Getty Images)

DAVIE — Davon Godchaux isn’t Ndamukong Suh, but he benefited from a one-year mentorship under the five-time Pro Bowler and gained a lot from watching him work on a daily basis.

The Dolphins let Suh go this offseason and will proceed with Godchaux as a likely starter at defensive tackle. He came in as a fifth-round pick and played well, which is partly a credit to Suh’s influence. He described him as a “great guy” who embraced the role of being a teacher.

“Great mentor,” Godchaux said today. “I think after practice everybody saw me and Suh getting together and working on pass-rush moves, run fits, things he learned… Just a lot of things he taught me off the field, whether that’s eating right (or) things like that.”

He added, “You finally get to be on the same side with him and play with him and see how nasty he really is in a game and how physical he really is. It’s a major part for me. I’m glad I got to play with him.”

Godchaux played 15 games, including five starts, last year and is among the young players Miami is counting on to have a breakthrough this season. He had 40 tackles, one pass breakup and a forced fumble last season. Pro Football Focus ranked him the No. 84 defensive tackle, which is a decent starting point as a rookie.

Suh ultimately signed a one-year deal with the Rams, who are not on Miami’s schedule this season. He reached out to Godchaux after he left to encourage him to keep improving on the things that served him well last season.

“I reached out to him and told him best of luck and things like that,” Godchaux said. “He sent me a message, ‘If you keep working hard, the sky is the limit for you.’ I’ll try to stay in touch with him.”

-----------------------

View: https://twitter.com/DLineVids/status/998819568884760577

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Question is, when will we see all three of Rams starting DL on the field together? I'm afraid it won't be til the first regular season game, if even then..........

So much for "continuity".

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
They need a bigger man or two on that sled, little guy went for a ride.