Davis Allen (Short Article) DaSilva

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tano

Legend
Let's give the guy some credit. Dude was clutch in the super bowl. Those are facts, not "maybe's".

We also had 4 TE's on our roster in 2022, so I doubt we would have drafted a "better" TE than Hopkins.
Yeah but we drafted hopkins in 2020

We would have drafted another TE either later in 2020 or in 2021

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
Yeah but we drafted hopkins in 2020

We would have drafted another TE either later in 2020 or in 2021
But they didn't. Just don't see the point in playing "coulda,shoulda, woulda" for a guy that stepped in amd did his job and helped us win A SB. Then again I'm a "glass half full" kind of guy.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Hunter Long is one hell of a blocker and was showcasing that prior to his injury. Durability the issue with Long and if he can stay healthy, I believe there a role for him. That being posted Parkinson & Allen will be the main two guys and when Higbee comes back, they will carry 4 TE's, if they are healthy.

Tano

Legend
But they didn't. Just don't see the point in playing "coulda,shoulda, woulda" for a guy that stepped in amd did his job and helped us win A SB. Then again I'm a "glass half full" kind of guy.
I am just saying that I really wanted the Dallas center instead of him in the 2020 draft and that Hopkins has been a bust of a pick other than the Superbowl.

And then people saying we might have lost the superbowl if not for him and I am saying I think we would have had someone else who would do just as well as him since he only made a couple good catches. The way McVay gets people open in games would allow someone else to make those plays just as well.

Edit - I am probably not making myself clear. What I am saying is that Hopkins was such a waste of a pick that anyone else even remotely decent could have done what Hopkins did in the Superbowl.

You can disagree with me all you want but that's how I feel about Hopkins.

I await your Not So Sure.

Last edited:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I think Parkinson could end up being the big move this offseason hardly anyone is talking about.

My only reservation saying that is the Rams seemed very horny for Brock Bowers.
Bowers is a bigger Kupp. None of our TEs are ever going to be in that class of player he might be. Allen might be a very good player, same with Parkinson, but they're both unlikely to be elite. Bowers has a good chance to be elite so I get why McVay had wood over the idea of adding him. He probably would have given us a straight continuation of dominance in the middle even if Kupp suffers another injury.

But of course once again I am very happy with the defense getting what it did. :thumbsup1:

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am just saying that I really wanted the Dallas center instead of him in the 2020 draft and that Hopkins has been a bust of a pick other than the Superbowl.

And then people saying we might have lost the superbowl if not for him and I am saying I think we would have had someone else who would do just as well as him since he only made a couple good catches. The way McVay gets people open in games would allow someone else to make those plays just as well.

Edit - I am probably not making myself clear. What I am saying is that Hopkins was such a waste of a pick that anyone else even remotely decent could have done what Hopkins did in the Superbowl.

Hopkins was indeed a waste of a pick but saying anyone else could have done what he did in the super bowl? Not so sure -lol. The worst part is that he did not improve after that performance.

Tano

Legend
Hopkins was indeed a waste of a pick but saying anyone else could have done what he did in the super bowl? Not so sure -lol. The worst part is that he did not improve after that performance.
The only reason I believe any decent player could have done what he did in the super bowl is that I believe McVay and his staff that year would have been able to bring out the best of that player and get them open.

Now actually catching the ball - well that is a different story.

Lunchbox

Starter
Name
LunchBox

...like Kendall Blanton circa 2021?

Ram65

Legend
Allen needs to stop holding on his blocks. He has—a great high-low catching range. Hands are excellent.

The Rams are high on Parkinson. Based on the research I earlier posted I agree.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame

I don't use the "not so sure" emoji, so you might be waiting awhile, homie. Lol

Tano

Legend
I don't use the "not so sure" emoji, so you might be waiting awhile, homie. Lol

Kenan Thompson Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Are You Sure Come On GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers