Darrell Henderson & Sony Michel "One - Two punch"

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
On July 20, 2021, Our hearts were broken the second we heard Cam Akers was lost for the season from an Achilles injury during training camp.

Akers was projected to have a breakout season in 2021.

Cam Akers was the talk of the town in the offseason and many fans and pundits believed he would prove to be a top 5 NFL running back in 2021.

Here we are 81 days later and the Rams appear to be okay with their RB one-two punch of Darrell Henderson and Sony Michel.

2021 Stats for Henderson and Michel.

Henderson seems to be getting healthy after missing a game with his rib injury.

Michel seems to have rebounded from his horrible fumble vs the Cardinals last Sunday.

#27 Darrell Henderson

4 games, Carries 60, YDS 294, AVG 4.9, TD 3, Longest Run 29 yards.

Receptions 10, YDS 90, AVG 9.0, TD 0, Longest reception 23 yards.

#25 Sony Michel

5 games, Carries 45, YDS 163, AVG 3.6, TD 1, Longest Run 15 yards.

Receptions 4, YDS 20, AVG 5.0, TD 0, Longest reception 8 yards.

The Rams need these 2 RB's to stay healthy and ball out if they want to hoist the Lombardi in February 2022.

darrell-henderson-fantasy-draft-cam-akers-injury.jpg

sm-e1632093618742-474x240.jpg

jap

Legend
I am really hoping that Cam returns 100% or even better! He is so positive-minded, such a breath of clean fresh air! My 20-0 Horns dreams begin with a healthy Matthew, Cam, OL, & receiving corps.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I am happy with Hendo and Michel, but damn I wish we had Akers....

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Henderson sees to be getting tougher by the game. He runs hard and doesn't go down easy and has enough explosiveness to do damage.
Michel is a step below in overall ability, imo.. but is really good.

Both are DAMN GOOD in pass pro, so far, and that's huge.

I'm really happy with the duo right now.

Curt760

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Curt760
When Michel was at Georgia he looked really fast but here so far he looks slow but powerful. I'm hoping that speed returns.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Really good duo. Akers is in a different tier than either RB, but Hendo and Sony are a very good tandem that compliment each other well. The front office deserves major props for acting decisively to bring in Michel when the injuries at RB started to pile up. Now I just hope McVay has the common sense in him to make this RB situation a time share. To keep Henderson healthy for a post season run, a time share would be very prudent. Yet, McVay often seems hell bent on making Henderson a bell cow, which I think is a big mistake. Sony also brings pass protection prowess and tough running that Hendo doesn't IMO. He needs to stay involved.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I am very pleased with this tandum.

Henderson is showing he is NFL starter quality.

Michel is my kind of runner. He runs tough and plays hard. A better version of Malcolm Brown, CJ Anderson, etc. I’d like to see him have a good year, and stick around.

Oldgeek

I'm old and can't wait another 20 years for a SB W
Name
Steve
I'm excited knowing that the Rams have two good backs. I hope that McVay keeps using them to close out the games

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
When Michel was at Georgia he looked really fast but here so far he looks slow but powerful. I'm hoping that speed returns.
When he ran for the Patriots it seemed like he had enough quickness to get outside. Now he looks more like a north south runner. Which is fine. I like having two guys whose skills differ. Kinda like a pitcher who has a good fastball and can throw a good changeup too.

dang

Legend
#1 the Rams have a very good RB duo.
#2 there needs to be a Plan B (plan for the worst and hope for the best) should either get a significant injury. I don’t see either Hendo or Michel as a 25+ touch/game workhorse RB.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Henderson is playing hard, hopefully he continues to stay healthy and although Michel's fumble against the Cardinals hurt, he's been tough in between the tackles plus Michel is extraordinary in pass protection.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I'm excited knowing that the Rams have two good backs. I hope that McVay keeps using them to close out the games

Old style football of finishing games. Fisher was like that,but he always struggled with his offense.

It starts upfront.The Rams work hard during the game to establish the run.
I’ve always been huge on being able to have a deep RB group.The best example has been say NO Saints having 2 RB’s.
I think you can’t live on just running the ball.Teams need to be able to move the sticks & run clock to shorten the game. Mcvay has done an excellent job as The Rams HC being able to close out games.Record speaks for itself.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
If Henderson had not missed a game, he’d likely be in the top ten in yardage.
I think he hits 1000 this season.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Michel is the back you give carries to in order to soften up the defense. Hendy's the guy you mix in as the game goes on as a change of pace. If and when they get there this offense will be at its best IMO.

It's a real shame we lost Akers. I imagine this offense would be a damn sight with that dude in the backfield.

TexasRam

Legend
Hendo is starting to block in the pass game much better. That is good to see.

I still think Henderson limits us offensively in the run game with his stiff hips. Much the same way Sony does. But Sony does power through some tackles for extra yards.

I would like to get Funk in there honestly.

ProGen

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'll echo some of the above posters:

Akers on the field would have made this offense lethal!

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
#1 the Rams have a very good RB duo.
#2 there needs to be a Plan B (plan for the worst and hope for the best) should either get a significant injury. I don’t see either Hendo or Michel as a 25+ touch/game workhorse RB.
Jake Funk emerges from the shadows.....

CmUWVLq.gif

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

lucky the rams "wasted" a 3rd round pick on henderson. he's been very good this season, solid as a rock.

sony provides the exact opposite qualities and the change up always leads to strong yards from him.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

lucky the rams "wasted" a 3rd round pick on henderson. he's been very good this season, solid as a rock.

sony provides the exact opposite qualities and the change up always leads to strong yards from him.

Poor Jake Funk —he is bitting at the bit.He is going to have to wait awhile.

You talk about wasting a draft pick ? The Rams needed that.Freaking Gurley….

Then if you want to stay at the now or the past? What happens with Sony?

Glad The Rams wasted a draft pick on Cam Akers as well.