Darian Stewart fined for horse collar tackle of Cooper Kupp

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...fined-for-horse-collar-tackle-of-cooper-kupp/

Darian Stewart fined for horse collar tackle of Cooper Kupp
Posted by Josh Alper on October 21, 2018

Rams wide receiver Cooper Kupp won’t play against the 49ers on Sunday because he’s been ruled out with a knee injury.

Kupp got hurt in the first half of last Sunday’s game against the Broncos when he was brought down by safety Darian Stewart with a horse collar tackle. Kupp was able to return to the game briefly in the third quarter, but got shut down after a couple of snaps.

Stewart was penalized for the play and PFT has confirmed with the league that he was fined $26,739 for the tackle. It’s been a rough week for Stewart on other fronts too. He hurt his neck in Thursday’s victory over the Cardinals.

Stewart’s teammate Emmanuel Sanders was fined $10,026 for taunting cornerback Troy Hill after what was initially ruled a touchdown in the first half of Denver’s loss to the Rams. Replay showed Sanders was down on the 1-yard-line and the Broncos had to settle for a field goal.

Rams safety Lamarcus Joyner was fined $26,739 for unnecessary roughness. Joyner delivered a blow to the head of a defenseless receiver.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
He should have been fined a lot more than that.

FlamboyantBrownBadger-size_restricted.gif

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Stewart’s teammate Emmanuel Sanders was fined $10,026 for taunting cornerback Troy Hill after what was initially ruled a touchdown in the first half of Denver’s loss to the Rams. Replay showed Sanders was down on the 1-yard-line and the Broncos had to settle for a field goal.

The irony here is delicious.

You get cocky and taunt the defender, but then you find out you didn't actually score and your team doesn't get the ball at the 1 for a near certain TD because your clownish antics drew a 15 yard penalty putting the ball at the 16 and then they settle for a FG leaving 4 points on the field.

In a game you lost 23-20.

I want to taunt him. Badly.

Zodi

Hall of Fame

You get cocky and taunt the defender, but then you find out you didn't actually score and your team doesn't get the ball at the 1 for a near certain TD because your clownish antics drew a 15 yard penalty putting the ball at the 16 and then they settle for a FG leaving 4 points on the field.

Honestly the fact that taunting is a penalty or a fine is ridiculous, especially considering Sanders just pointed at Hill and said "I got you!" with a smile on his face. Its competition. Let these guys play.

jap

Legend
Question: Was the 'Hawks' safety who initiated the helmet-to-helmet collision with Brandin ever fined?

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Honestly the fact that taunting is a penalty or a fine is ridiculous, especially considering Sanders just pointed at Hill and said "I got you!" with a smile on his face. Its competition. Let these guys play.

I agree the penalty is a ticky tack call it wasn't really that bad. I can see throwing a flag for some serious taunting.

Either way he lost the game for his team AND had to write a check for $10,026.

It just hits my funny bone.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
it was definitely taunting just don't think it deserved a fine though

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
If someone was really going off, following a player and not stopping I think that crosses a line.
So you're talking more about body language. IIRC the taunting rule includes certain verbal guidelines as well which to me seems quite ridiculous.

I don't think i like the taunting rule.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
So you're talking more about body language. IIRC the taunting rule includes certain verbal guidelines as well which to me seems quite ridiculous.

I like it as long as it helps us lol

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

Not body language.

Using this example if the WR gets way into the DB's face talking shit and does not stop even when the player is walking away and he follows and continues I am good with a flag on that.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame

Not as bad as Trumaine Johnson against Alshon Jeffries in the Philly game last year. Absolute stupidity. I'm still ticked off. Turned a third down incomplete into a take the lead touchdown drive for the Eagles. Cost us the game and some standing in the playoffs. Glad Johnson is gone.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Not as bad as Trumaine Johnson against Alshon Jeffries in the Philly game last year. Absolute stupidity. I'm still ticked off. Turned a third down incomplete into a take the lead touchdown drive for the Eagles. Cost us the game and some standing in the playoffs. Glad Johnson is gone.

Ahhh fuck I don't actually recall that.........old age.

And vodka.

kmramsfan

Old School Ram Fan
Name
Keith

I'm thinking that if the rules don't contain taunting in it's entirety, it could become a personally choreographed routine performed after every decent play.