Dare we go here:

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Oregonram

OregonRam
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If we get to the Super Bowl and we are lucky enough to face the cheaters from New England, i have a question for you to ponder.
It is known that Belicheats claim to fame is neutralizing the opposing teams best weapon and making you beat him with your lesser weapons.
How would the cheatingest coach of NFL history throw a wrench into the Rams offense?
Obviously, Gurley has emerged as our biggest weapon, how would/could you stop him?
Maybe you would have to bluff blitzes and then flood screen zones and hope that Goff threw one into one of your linebackers hands... amongst other things. I would like to hear from the " coaches" among us, and maybe some cherry picking Patriot fans on how you could neutralize Todd Gurley.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, first you replace Whitworth with GRob and Sullivan with Barnes....Then, you reacquire Quick and Britt and dump Kupp, Woods, and Watkins.....

Bad Oline and bad WR's, probably means Gurley gets hit behind the LOS every play like last year.....:cry:

jacktheripper85

Starter
If we get to the Super Bowl and we are lucky enough to face the cheaters from New England, i have a question for you to ponder.
It is known that Belicheats claim to fame is neutralizing the opposing teams best weapon and making you beat him with your lesser weapons.
How would the cheatingest coach of NFL history throw a wrench into the Rams offense?
Obviously, Gurley has emerged as our biggest weapon, how would/could you stop him?
Maybe you would have to bluff blitzes and then flood screen zones and hope that Goff threw one into one of your linebackers hands... amongst other things. I would like to hear from the " coaches" among us, and maybe some cherry picking Patriot fans on how you could neutralize Todd Gurley.

Knowing Belicheat he would probably have Tonya Harding stop by Gurley’s room the night before the game.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole

This is a trick question.

You can't stop Gurley! :sneaky:

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think the Titans did a great job of applying pressure to the left side and going after Goff. They were just continually getting beaten by the screen. All of us saw how we really didn't have the vertical threat as we have had in games past. The Patriots just don't have the pass rush for it, and I think if they tried the number of blitzes the Titans or Eagles did, we would begin to pick them apart.

If the Patriots want to take away our strength, they should attempt to shut down the run game early. Even if the play action hurts them in the first half, the Rams need to go to the locker room thinking that they can not run on them. Then change the game plan from similar packages to apply pressure.

This brings up an interesting question to me. What would are D have to do? We are putting up 31 on the Pats, taking in consideration what I think would happen actually will. 17 points in the first and the rest in the second. Would our D hold them?

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6eYjus_Olc

Most people will not immediately think of the 1970 Robert Altman classic film M*A*S*H as a football movie, but football fans might see why it can make the list. Part of the plot involves the 4077th taking on the 25th Evac. Unit in a game of football. The heroes of the movie soon find out that the 325th has a number of “ringers” on their team with professional football experience, so they get their own, a certain Captain Oliver Harmon “Spearchucker” Jones, played by former NFL player Fred Williamson.

Fred Williamson went on to have a more than successful acting career, starring in a number of movies and guest starring on a number of television shows. The rest of the 325th Evac. team had some familiar faces to football fans on it as well including:

Joe Kapp (Quarterback – Minnesota Vikings, Boston Patriots, BC Lions, Calgary Stampeders)
Tommy Brown (Defensive Back – Green Bay Packers, Washington Redskins)
Buck Buchanan (Linebacker – Kansas City Chiefs – Hall of Fame)
Ben Davidson (Defensive Lineman – Green Bay Packers, Washington Redskins, Oakland Raiders)
Fran Tarkenton (Quarterback – Minnesota Vikings, New York Giants – Hall of Fame)
John Myers (Defensive Lineman – Dallas Cowboys, Philadelphia Eagles)
Jack Concannon (Quarterback – Philadelphia Eagles, Chicago Bears, Green Bay Packers, Detroit Lions)
Howard Williams (Defensive Back – Green Bay Packers, San Francisco 49ers, Oakland Raiders)
John Unitas (Quarterback – Baltimore Colts, San Diego Chargers)

As an added bonus of little known information for football fans, playing the role of one of the referees during the big football game is none other than future head coach of the Baltimore Colts, University of Miami, University of Louisville, and Florida Atlantic University. At the time of the filming of the movie, Schnellenberger was the offensive coordinator of the Los Angeles Rams.

http://iqfb.com/football-movies/football-movies-mash/

Last edited:

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Close every practice, pat down all the help to make sure they aren't wired for recording plays. Practice indoors so drones can't fly over and record. Check the inflation of all the gameballs (and then don't let them out of sight). I don't put anything past Patriots org. to get an edge (cheat).

Oregonram

OregonRam
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Any of you remember the first Brady led Super Bowl against the St Louis Rams? Not only did Belicheat get caught taping our walk through, but his secondary were bumping our WR's off their timing routes, and the NFL had to change the rules in the offseason to restore the WR rights to run his routes past 5 yards. That rule was made because of what Belicheat did to our Rams in that Super Bowl.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Any of you remember the first Brady led Super Bowl against the St Louis Rams? Not only did Belicheat get caught taping our walk through, but his secondary were bumping our WR's off their timing routes, and the NFL had to change the rules in the offseason to restore the WR rights to run his routes past 5 yards. That rule was made because of what Belicheat did to our Rams in that Super Bowl.

nah, it wasn't.

it was changed after they did the same thing to the colts the next couple of years. manning led the charge to change it.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
I'd LOVE to play the Cheaters in the SB and beat their pants off. Actually I do not want to see any of them with their pants off. But I'd love to get revenge on Dom Grady so many years later. Would be awesome.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
nah, it wasn't.

it was changed after they did the same thing to the colts the next couple of years. manning led the charge to change it.

And it actually wasn't changed. The rule already existed. The refs just didn't enforce it. The NFL forced the refs to start enforcing it.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
I think the Titans did a great job of applying pressure to the left side and going after Goff. They were just continually getting beaten by the screen. All of us saw how we really didn't have the vertical threat as we have had in games past. The Patriots just don't have the pass rush for it, and I think if they tried the number of blitzes the Titans or Eagles did, we would begin to pick them apart.

If the Patriots want to take away our strength, they should attempt to shut down the run game early. Even if the play action hurts them in the first half, the Rams need to go to the locker room thinking that they can not run on them. Then change the game plan from similar packages to apply pressure.

This brings up an interesting question to me. What would are D have to do? We are putting up 31 on the Pats, taking in consideration what I think would happen actually will. 17 points in the first and the rest in the second. Would our D hold them?

BUT THEY HAVE HARRISON!!!!!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Here's a "What If Scenario" for you!! What IF Sweet Old Bill decides that Gurrrley isn't the "Most Valuable Person" he needs to "Take-Out"! What If he decides Coach McVay himself is the MVP, and Tries to involve McVay in some kind of scandal the Night before the game!!o_O

fearsomefour

Legend
Close every practice, pat down all the help to make sure they aren't wired for recording plays. Practice indoors so drones can't fly over and record. Check the inflation of all the gameballs (and then don't let them out of sight). I don't put anything past Patriots org. to get an edge (cheat).
I would also employ he Bush doctrine of preventive strike and make sure the fire alarm went off their hotel. Their bus breaks down and their Gatorade is spiked with laxatives.

fearsomefour

Legend
Here's a "What If Scenario" for you!! What IF Sweet Old Bill decides that Gurrrley isn't the "Most Valuable Person" he needs to "Take-Out"! What If he decides Coach McVay himself is the MVP, and Tries to involve McVay in some kind of scandal the Night before the game!!o_O
Well it would be damn near impossible to honey pot him with a hotter chick.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom

Do it like he did last time.
1.) Start by filming the Rams walk through.
2.) Tell his team to hold, clip, commit all manor of personal fouls.....flagrant.
In short, force the refs to throw so many flags it would stop the game.....knowing if he doesn't he loses.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve

I am 100% certain that Matt Walsh turned in tapes of the Cheat-triots taping the Rams pre-Super Bowl workout. That's why there was so much fluff about legal matters before it happened. The commissioner saw the tapes of the Cheat-triots cheating and determined that he could not admit it and strip Bob Kraft of a Super Bowl title so he said the tapes were worthless and destroyed them without letting anyone see the tapes.

Goodell had to do it or the NFL would have become the world wrestling federation. I'm certain the Patriots cheated which is why Marshall Faulk said they installed new plays for the Super Bowl and somehow the Cheat-triots adjusted immediately perfectly when then lined in formation for the new plays.

The cheat-triot players deny it but Bellicheater didn't let the players see the tape. He just game planned it as if he anticipated what was going to happen.

Don't get me wrong. The Patriots are a great team with a great coach, but when you also allow a great team to cheat to gain an edge, you get an even greater team that people label "the greates ever". Barry Bonds was a hall of fame player in the making but we saw what happens when he took human growth hormones. He became incredible.