Cunningham only 2 carries?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram4life11

Rookie
After a very frustrating game yesterday, I'm still upset.

Can someone please help me understand why Cunningham only had to carries coming off last weeks 100 yard performance? This makes kno sense, I understand is our guy, but I'm all about going with the hot hand...
(I JUST DONT UNDERSTAND)

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Well, it looks like the Rams are committed to Stacy as the starter.

Alan

Legend
Ram4life11 cherry picking?:
Can someone please help me understand why Cunningham only had to carries coming off last weeks 100 yard performance? This makes kno sense, I understand is our guy, but I'm all about going with the hot hand...
(I JUST DONT UNDERSTAND)
So if Clemens has a great game next week and Sam has a miraculous recovery from his injury we should start Clemens instead of Sam because he had a good game? :D

Plus Cunningham has issues with holding on to the ball.

Ram4life11

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
So if Clemens has a great game next week and Sam has a miraculous recovery from his injury we should start Clemens instead of Sam because he had a good game? :D

Plus Cunningham has issues with holding on to the ball.

Big difference with the QB and RB position...
I never said cunningham should have started, I'm saying 2 carries isn't enough, for a guy coming off a 100 yard game. He at least needs 10 carries to see if he can bring the same spark he brought to finish the game the week before.

How is that cherry picking? So your telling me if Brian Quick or Sted Bailey was to have 100 yards receiving, there not deserving of more reps the next week?

(It's not rocket science)

A55VA6

Legend
They need to get an early lead.. seems that's when they are their best and rotate the RB's pretty well.

Alan

Legend
Ram4life11 replied:
I never said cunningham should have started, I'm saying 2 carries isn't enough, for a guy coming off a 100 yard game. He at least needs 10 carries to see if he can bring the same spark he brought to finish the game the week before.

How is that cherry picking? So your telling me if Brian Quick or Sted Bailey was to have 100 yards receiving, there not deserving of more reps the next week?

There is a school of thought that says some RBs get better as the game goes on and they need to max out their attempts to maximize their production.

The cherry picking comment refers ito the fact that you think the logic for one position doesn't hold true for all the positions. I myself believe that if the logic is good for one position it should be good for every position.

I also thought you were talking about more than him just getting a couple more touches. I agree with A55VA6 that the score determines how many touches your second best player will get in a game. You should keep in mind the fact that they consider Stacy to be a better RB than Cunningham.

Also, the fact that Cunningham has ball security issues should not be ignored. A turnover (like the fake punt) could have devastating consequences against a team like the Whiners.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
I think Stacy is good, but Cunningham is better. He is clearly faster, and has the speed to get to the outside. I think he should at least get more than 2 carries, I agree.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Stacy is the kind of back that gets better with more carries but I agree there is no reason not to get Bam Bam a few more carries. It's probably pretty hard in a game where you are down pretty early to get to methodical with getting carries for multiple RBs so I can see it both ways. From here on out, I hope Pead starts getting carries as well to see if he can cut the mustard and spread the wear and tear out.

RamzFanz

Damnit

(It's not rocket science)

The answer is he got Schottied. Look at Tavon. 1 run.

Success is not justification for additional carries in Schotty's world.

Besides, if you let Bam Bam run, there won't be enough plays to throw incomplete to Givens.