Could use prayers, positive thoughts, the force, good mojo, whatever ya got

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'll give you what I got. And if you arent a believer in prayer, thats ok, at least believe in those of us that do. We're here for you

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'll give you what I got. And if you arent a believer in prayer, thats ok, at least believe in those of us that do. We're here for you
Thanks man.

All I know is this isn't the time for my doubt or negativity and I am accepting positivity and prayer from all comers. We are taking all the help we can get.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Really sorry to read all that man, heart goes out to you and your family in this. Prayers incoming.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I just re-read my post and that first run on sentence/paragraph.... sheesh.
That's a difficult to read mess, even for me.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I just re-read my post and that first run on sentence/paragraph.... sheesh.
That's a difficult to read mess, even for me.

That's okay. Nobody's perfect, and we can excuse the run-on sentence, given the topic.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's okay. Nobody's perfect, and we can excuse the run-on sentence, given the topic.
Literary heretic! Run-ons and tense issues, living together. MASS HYSTERIA!

quebecramfan

Rookie
I am sorry to hear about your situation, and I feel for you. Life does deal us a bad hand sometimes and it can be so hard to comprehend why we have to play it. If I learned anything from it, it is that we somehow come away as a stronger person no matter how hard it seems to be when it happens. I hope this may help you a bit... You are both in my thoughts and I wish you the best

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My brother in law passed from a very rare form of sarcoidosis, so I know what it's like to search for someone - anyone that can help you. I would suggest that you are lucky that other physicians without a clue did not try to "help" when they didn't know how. The first doctors that prescribed medication for my brother in law actually prescribed medication that made it far worse very rapidly. In that case however, it was more of a misdiagnosis issue combined with them being ill versed.

hey, that's what i've got.

may i ask how he died and what drugs did the useless doctors make him take?

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I’ll be praying for both of you @badnews and @Loyal

whether it be prayers or heartfelt thoughts, know you aren’t going through this alone. We’re with you.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
hey, that's what i've got.

may i ask how he died and what drugs did the useless doctors make him take?

Sorry. I had Sarcoidosis mixed up with Amyloidosis. My wife also has Sarcoidosis. Amyloidosis is what my brother in law had.

They were giving him drugs IIRR to increase his heart rate. Amyloidosis causes hardening of organ tissue - particularly the heart. Apparently, the Mayo Clinic doctors said those drugs actually speed up that process.

My wife's Sarcoidosis so far has not affected her lungs. She mainly just gets small rough patches on her skin that come and go and gets tingly feelings and ringing in her ears.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
I've never been a religious person. But I'm a believer in the power of prayer. My oldest daughter, Amy, drove under the back of tractor trailer 9 years ago. When we got to hospital, they let us stay in the waiting room for 15 minutes, then put us in the "family room". Needless to say, we knew why. My wife told the doctor she had to see her and he was adamant, that was not possible. However they would soon be wheeling he by and said that would be our chance to see her, though he recommended we didn't. They did and he was right, that wasn't wise of us to see her. Seeing her very briefly....they were wheeling her by quickly......my wife, two other daughters and I were definitely preparing for the worst. After stabilizing her the doctor told us she had very little flow from one of her arteries to the brain and if she made it, quite probably would be "brain dead". When we got to Jefferson, about 45 minutes after she arrived, the neurosurgeon told me, "she's going to make it and she won't be "brain dead. She is responding to stimulation but she can't see or talk right now". My wife and daughters, who do pray were obviously praying.

A couple days later, we were positive she'd survive but were still in the dark at how good her recovery would be. We were at her bedside and she made a motion like she wanted a pad and pen. The nurse gave it too her and she scribbled something and I tried to decipher it.

"How is my Jetta?" I asked. She shook her head.
"How is my boyfriend?" I asked. Shook her head.
"How are my injuries?" I asked. Again she shook her head.

My second oldest daughter took the paper from me and asked, "How bout them Yankees" to which Amy put two thumbs up. I went to window and cried like a baby as silently as I possible could. When I looked up the nurse was standing beside me balling as bad as me and she pointed at the Yankee hat i had on. She could apparently see something!!! Anyway, after surgery a week later and two months in the hospital, she was sent home to our house. She has made a full recovery, now has a 7 year old daughter and aside from some complications with her teeth and a small scar that has lightened significantly, if you didn't know her before you would suspect she had her skull partially crushed. Many friends, relatives and customers we knew all told us throughout the ordeal she was in their prayers. So I'm a believer in the power of prayer and will pray for you wife Bad News. And your's too Loyal.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sorry. I had Sarcoidosis mixed up with Amyloidosis. My wife also has Sarcoidosis. Amyloidosis is what my brother in law had.

They were giving him drugs IIRR to increase his heart rate. Amyloidosis causes hardening of organ tissue - particularly the heart. Apparently, the Mayo Clinic doctors said those drugs actually speed up that process.

My wife's Sarcoidosis so far has not affected her lungs. She mainly just gets small rough patches on her skin that come and go and gets tingly feelings and ringing in her ears.

ah, ok.

hopefully your wife's symptoms are minor in nature.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Sorry, @Loyal , I didn't notice your post. My thoughts are with you and yours as well.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Fascinating, dramatic and (I hope) heartwarming story, @badnews. Funny side note about the breaking and entering!

So hope that you get some good medical news in the days ahead. Really moving to hear about the love you and your wife have for each other.

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
So sorry brother. You came to the right place. This is the most loving Ramily anywhere.

Many ways to give you what you need. All of them are with love and kindness.

My personal go to is prayer. It has worked for me. And this is going to the prayer group which could multiply into the thousands.

You are far from alone. We are all with you.