Could Terrance Ganaway Have Arian Foster Upside?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Good read - and I've got to agree with you - I think Ganaway IS going to be an efective part of this Rams team

nighttrain

Legend
i like what Ganaway brings to the table, the season, w/o SJ, will be interest as to who becomes our feature back. Or if we have a feature back
train

EastRam

Pro Bowler
Just reading my crystal ball here.

I believe Ganaway was a great sign, stash and coach up for a year and turn his arse lose in 2013.

He will play a very good role in 2013

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
EastRam said:

I believe Ganaway was a great sign, stash and coach up for a year and turn his arse lose in 2013.

That's what I think too. That's why I'm not really worried about the RB situation this year.
Pretty sure Pead is gonna bust onto the scene as well - despite the criticisms that he *hasn't shown anything yet*.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
The Dude said:
EastRam said:

That's what I think too. That's why I'm not really worried about the RB situation this year.
Pretty sure Pead is gonna bust onto the scene as well - despite the criticisms that he *hasn't shown anything yet*.

It's a fair criticism IMO. We don't know what we have at the RB position, that could be a positive as much as a negative if these guys step up when given the chance.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
The Dude said:
EastRam said:

Yeah pretty well if you are thinking "draft a back" whover it is NEEDS to be a clear upgrade over Ganaway or a late round 5th on down BPA pick, IF BPA even applies that late in the draft.

A55VA6

Legend
It's all about preseason for him I believe. He's got to perform well. I don't see Pead or D Rich going anywhere, and what if we draft Lacy, Lattimore, etc. I think RB could be a very interesting position in preseason.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I think the Rams have options at RB and we won't draft one early.

Like the Dude, I'm comfortable.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Well, the jury is definitely still out since we have no evidence. I'm hoping he "shocks the world" but I will choose to be judiciously cautious and hope the Rams go RB in the middle rounds. Worse case scenario, we hide a RB on the roster again this year.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
I have been in Ganaway's corner since before he was drafted. Just liked his skill set. Has better speed than his time shows and runs with power. Fisher didn't stash him on the active roster for no reason last yr. He did that to protect him from getting snatched away.

If they do draft another RB this yr, I see it as still being a "stable" of backs. Fisher has always done that. I believe the true "competition" this yr will be between Pead and Richardson. They are just two similar of players.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
ReddingRam said:
I have been in Ganaway's corner since before he was drafted. Just liked his skill set. Has better speed than his time shows and runs with power. Fisher didn't stash him on the active roster for no reason last yr. He did that to protect him from getting snatched away.

If they do draft another RB this yr, I see it as still being a "stable" of backs. Fisher has always done that. I believe the true "competition" this yr will be between Pead and Richardson. They are just two similar of players.
I was kind of surprised by how much power lil Richardson has. For a small dude, he can explode through a gap and carry a couple of much bigger guys with him. He doesn't do it all the time, but I've seen it happen. I like how he runs with such determination. Doesn't really ever seem to hesitate.

EastRam

Pro Bowler
The Dude said:
ReddingRam said:

I was kind of surprised by how much power lil Richardson has. For a small dude, he can explode through a gap and carry a couple of much bigger guys with him. He doesn't do it all the time, but I've seen it happen. I like how he runs with such determination. Doesn't really ever seem to hesitate.

I may get blasted for this...But I've missed the Rams not having break away home run speed for quite a while.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
EastRam said:
The Dude said:
ReddingRam said:

I may get blasted for this...But I've missed the Rams not having break away home run speed for quite a while.

I see a "stable" of backs ... with the ability and option to throw it at you anyway you like it served up :)

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
EastRam said:
The Dude said:
ReddingRam said:

Yeah, you're not alone.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I don't want to draft one, I want to see what this kid can do, and I think he can be very good. Lets stock up on other positions.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
I still have to scratch my head its puzzling why he was outright released so soon. I've seen the comments by Jets Org, regardless I don't get it. However, I am very happy he's wearing the Horns and will have an equal opportunity.

I think Fish/Snead knew once the void option was given to Jackson he was likely gone and we picked up Ganaway as a viable to add in the mix. Idk about the next 'Arian Foster' like Quick is to be the next 'Vincent Jackson'. I cant make those comparisons or even remotely agree.

TG will have an equal opportunity and for that I think we're set w/ who we have. Now that doesn't rule out a RB in the draft but not early.

If at all I could see Lattimore, Ellington, or Stepfan Taylor.
Do we keep this current 3 on active, or up to 4 if we drafted another?
Very interesting on what will unfold.

EastRam

Pro Bowler
ea39ee1ba6a74fabb23e40d.png

TomSlick

UDFA
This is where coaches and FO types earn their dough. Do the RAMS have the horses necessary on their current roster or do they go fishing in this year's draft? If the trio of Pead, Richardson and The Sandwich King can make their mark then we can use the draft picks on other positions.

For once, preseason may be really interesting because of our 3 relative unknown running backs.

On a personal level, our 3 RBs seem like good guys so it would great to see them do well.