Could Cam Akers be this year’s CJ Anderson?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
one word...

merriwether....

great LB for the chargers before his achilles tear... no where near as good a year later, lost his explosion AND speed, and retired soon thereafter....

hopeful for cam... but not this year...

go rams

slo

p.s. if you're reading this cam, i hope i'm eating a huge plate of crow come the playoffs...

Merriweather was also caught being a heavy PED/steroids user and had major drop off after that.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
It was Shawn Merriman; and I think he had knee injuries before suffering the Achilles injury.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
All due respect to @oldnotdead but this really isn't the same thing at all and comparisons aren't that useful imho.

Adrian Peterson came back from an ACL in 8 months and almost broke the single-season record.

I know it's a different injury, but it shows what these guys can do with cutting edge medical support.

If he's ready they will play him, if he isn't I highly doubt they will just roll the dice. Let the doctors, the staff and himself decide.

I heard an interview with James Anderson (I think that's his name) who does a lot of the ACL surgeries and he was saying that a lot of the recovery is psychological. They know they can get the ACL back to where it was in X months (can't remember the figure) but it takes the player time to trust the knee enough to fully commit.

An ACL was 18-months and an Achilles was a career-ender in the 70s' but this ain't the 70s'.

They also understand how to better get blood flow to the tendons (the lack of blood flow as compared to muscles is why they take so much longer to heal) as well as ways to stimulate growth.

Wouldn't surprise me if they didn't use stem cells to aid in the healing process of tendons. That'd surely be one way to really jump start the process.

RamUK

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
one word...

merriwether....

great LB for the chargers before his achilles tear... no where near as good a year later, lost his explosion AND speed, and retired soon thereafter....

hopeful for cam... but not this year...

go rams

slo

p.s. if you're reading this cam, i hope i'm eating a huge plate of crow come the playoffs..

Different position, different era, different injury, different team and different circumstances with him ignoring medical advice

IOW, a pointless comparison, especially when you throw in his love for PEDs.