Corbin's Last "Best in Class" 2016 Ram Mock Draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
This draft with Goff and Thomas would have been beast!!! Knew Thomas was going to be a beast and a half! To bad nobody on ROD liked him that year here! :D

Miss me some Dave... :(
I'm still blown away every time I see Moritz Boehringer's name, as if people actually thought he would be good.

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
This would be an amazing scenario. Though i don't think Denver takes that deal. Maybe if it's their second round pick.

laughing-animated-gif-4.gif

I cant see Keenum bringing anything back in a trade. I think he was attractive to Denver at one point being he was a FA at the time, and had a relationship with Kubiak.
I like both players you suggested in the 4th, however if we aren't able to pull off another trade, the 2 4th rounders will be our 2nd and 3rd pick and should be WR IMO
I like the German kid but would hope we can get him as a UDFA

I can't see Keenum bringing back the first - if Denver had wanted that they could have signed him. Besides, that would likely bring SB instead.

Maybe their 2nd, more likely their third and maybe a late round pick in addition - and that only because of the coaching connection.

I can't see us getting rid of Keenum in any circumstances other than a first rounder coming back to us, which won't happen.

He is a great backup option on this team, and it has been reported that when talking qb's, Fish and Snead have kept the name Foles out of convo numerous times.. Something tells me he'll be the one to pack his bags should anyone be traded.

Low and Behold Case Keenum is a Denver Bronco o_0

Which one of you draft gurus predicted that? :D

I'm still blown away every time I see Moritz Boehringer's name, as if people actually thought he would be good.

Haha I won't lie I was on the hype train smfh. I figured it was about time for another Kurt Warner type of story... that's what once every 30 years?

Corbin

Did the Broncos trade a 1st round pick for him? I must have missed that part....
They had interest in him obviously. I bet it was a remote possibility back then.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Haha I won't lie I was on the hype train smfh. I figured it was about time for another Kurt Warner type of story... that's what once every 30 years?

I think Boehringer was worth a shot at the time. Raw athlete with good size and measurables, why not? Those round 4 through 7 guys are very low chances of hitting anyway, so why not get a guy who has the raw ability and hope he's willing to do the work to stick.

Corbin

I think Boehringer was worth a shot at the time. Raw athlete with good size and measurables, why not? Those round 4 through 7 guys are very low chances of hitting anyway, so why not get a guy who has the raw ability and hope he's willing to do the work to stick.
100% my thought process. Looking at %’s of players making a team in those rounds I figure you might as well go for the fences or at least a double or triple!

That guy sure as hell had some mensurables didn’t he? Wonder what happened with him?

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
100% my thought process. Looking at %’s of players making a team in those rounds I figure you might as well go for the fences or at least a double or triple!

That guy sure as hell had some mensurables didn’t he? Wonder what happened with him?

German football players are trash. Pure trash.

In the German leagues they're only allowed to have 2 Americans on the field for each team at a time because it's too much of an advantage. And the Americans on the field aren't guys who turned down the NFL. They aren't guys who turned down college. They're guys who didn't make it to college football, or only played in JuCo. And they're too good to have more than 2 on the field at a time per team.

Military guys (I learned this while stationed in Germany) go play for them, guys who haven't played competitive football in a couple years, and they outperform everyone else on the team. It's crazy how bad German players are at real football.

Corbin

In the German leagues they're only allowed to have 2 Americans on the field for each team at a time because it's too much of an advantage. And the Americans on the field aren't guys who turned down the NFL. They aren't guys who turned down college. They're guys who didn't make it to college football, or only played in JuCo. And they're too good to have more than 2 on the field at a time per team.

Military guys (I learned this while stationed in Germany) go play for them, guys who haven't played competitive football in a couple years, and they outperform everyone else on the team. It's crazy how bad German players are at real football.
Holy shit seriously? lmao
Wow
Obviously my mistake for thinking they had even a inkling of a standard. That's crazy as hell! haha Outside of soccer they don't really play anything else do they?

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Holy crap seriously? lmao
Wow
Obviously my mistake for thinking they had even a inkling of a standard. That's crazy as hell! haha Outside of soccer they don't really play anything else do they?
Dead serious. Those guys have no talent. We had a dude in my unit that we made fun of during sports PT days because he couldn't catch anything. We told him he had hands like feet. He went to play for the local team as a WR, semi pro (no paychecks unless they made the championship I think). He was so good compared to their guys that they told him he should try out for the pro team. This is a guy that coming out of high school didn't get any scholarships for big divisions; he got a partial scholarship to a smaller local school and then goofed off and got kicked out. 2-3 years later he joined the Army and went to Germany. Best WR on the German team by a long shot.

I met an out of shape dude that never played past high school that was a star running back for his team. It's sad.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Holy crap seriously? lmao
Wow

They do play hockey. There's not too many German-born players in the NHL (Leon Draisaitl is the most well-known), but they do have a league that's there.

Corbin

Dead serious. Those guys have no talent. We had a dude in my unit that we made fun of during sports PT days because he couldn't catch anything. We told him he had hands like feet. He went to play for the local team as a WR, semi pro (no paychecks unless they made the championship I think). He was so good compared to their guys that they told him he should try out for the pro team. This is a guy that coming out of high school didn't get any scholarships for big divisions; he got a partial scholarship to a smaller local school and then goofed off and got kicked out. 2-3 years later he joined the Army and went to Germany. Best WR on the German team by a long shot.

I met an out of shape dude that never played past high school that was a star running back for his team. It's sad.
Damn I might go and as broken and old as I am now I might be able to be Todd Gurley :D lol
They do play hockey. There's not too many German-born players in the NHL (Leon Draisaitl is the most well-known), but they do have a league that's there.

That's right they do play hockey to. Surprised no sports stars have come out with a different sport, those Latin America guys can play some baseball!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Sounds like my sort of league. :LOL:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

It depends on just how well they performed against tough competition. I always view a guy like Hemmingway as a wasted pick. Too much development needed. Might as well take a guy that produced despite lesser athleticism. But a guy that totally dominated a lower level, like Westbrooks is a better investment. I figure that if a guy has good measurables but didn't dominate below division one than its a wasted pick. And it usually is. If it's a basketball player, then that's different because there is nothing to go off of.

I know it's in later rounds but I wouldn't pick a Boehringer with anything but a seventh, and prefer to just sign him as an UDFA. Rounds 5-7 can be good rounds for depth, and can occasionally produce a good starter, even a star.