Cooper Kupp vs Josh Reynolds

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I have to say that my knowledge of both is sort of limited and is mostly from highlight clips. I am MOST excited about Josh Reynolds and am curious as to why:
1. Why Kupp was picked before Reynolds?
2. Why everyone seems to be geeked that Kupp will be a better pro?

Other fans don't know Reynolds, but watching him on tape he looks like a STUD. Kupp looks precise in his route running, but is not as physically imposing to me. Reynolds is aggressive in getting the ball and both he and Kupp seem to be a less than accurate QB's best friend (wide catching radius and large sticky hands). When I see Reynolds, I see a future dominant WR. In Kupp, I see a nice player and probably not a #1. JMO

and you?
Look at the date fellas...I did the OP in May, well before we saw Cooper Kupp In Camp....I obviously think differently now having seen him play, I DO like Reynolds a lot and still think he could be a #1 in the future.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Name...........................Rcpt.....Yds.....TD
Cooper Kupp LA WR 62 869 5
Robert Woods LA WR 56 781 5

Totals entering the final game:

Receptions: 118 (Bet was 110)
Yards: 1650 (Bet was 1567)
Touchdowns: 10 (Bet was 9 TDs)

Bet:

Woods & Kupp combine for 110 catches, 1567 yards and 9 TD's

So...while I overestimated, the bet was covered (I didn't use any ROD bucks for personal reasons, but that Brady jersey was reason enough to hope I won!).

I'm thrilled and can't wait for the playoffs!!!

fearsomefour

Legend
Kupp has been nice for sure. He has this knack of making difficult catches and dropping some easy ones. But he is already good and polished and that is a rare thing at WR.
Reynolds I am excited about as well.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I have to say that my knowledge of both is sort of limited and is mostly from highlight clips. I am MOST excited about Josh Reynolds and am curious as to why:
1. Why Kupp was picked before Reynolds?
2. Why everyone seems to be geeked that Kupp will be a better pro?

Other fans don't know Reynolds, but watching him on tape he looks like a STUD. Kupp looks precise in his route running, but is not as physically imposing to me. Reynolds is aggressive in getting the ball and both he and Kupp seem to be a less than accurate QB's best friend (wide catching radius and large sticky hands). When I see Reynolds, I see a future dominant WR. In Kupp, I see a nice player and probably not a #1. JMO

and you?

Fun read through this thread. I think the answer is fit. Kupp was just a perfect fit for this offense and staff. That really matters.

Reynolds has plenty of time to grow into that lanky frame if he does the work and gets his route precision where it needs to be. Plenty of time to be that beast.

But isn't it cool that we have a staff that is smart enough to focus on fit over measurables? Fisher wouldn't have given Kupp the time of day.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
I'm definitely not the biggest Goff t fan his arm talent I don't deny I just hope he gets the mental part of the game. If so I have a lot of confidence for this season

Hey DX - did you really say this?

You hope he gets the MENTAL part of the game?

Have you actually watched an NFL game?

I am of course referring to the post, not the poster.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hey DX - did you really say this?

You hope he gets the MENTAL part of the game?

Have you actually watched an NFL game?

I am of course referring to the post, not the poster.
Yea I was speaking on what I saw from him in college and his first year in the pros. Him learning how to take snaps from Center him learning how to read defenses and actually calling plays in the huddle all of that was nonexistent. That’s why I said if he gets the mental part down he would be good and McVay helped with that a lot

nighttrain

Legend
with McVay as HC, Goff has improved tremendously over last season, fishers offense? Gurley said best, it was middle school
train

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Kupp was drafted before because he is polished and was ready to go as soon as he arrived . He is a tremendous route runner and fits this offense.

Reynolds was drafted on potential, he has the size and athletic ability . He is similar to brian quick where he has all of the natural abilities but something must be missing . Usualy it' between the ears and some guys just don' get it , hopefully he lives up to his potential.

Tavon has all of the athletic ability but can't learn how to run routes , I don't get it lol

nighttrain

Legend
in my previous post i should have lauded Kupp, dude is just awesome for a first year wide receiver, or slot, or whatever. Almost 1000 yards for a first year guy incredible
train

Ram65

Legend
Thanks for bringing up this great older thread.

Just for fun.
Britt----20 Catches---256 Yds---2 TDs
Quick--- 6 Catches-----76 Yds---0 TDs

Looks like Kupp showed why he was drafted ahead of Reynolds. He was ready for the NFL Surprisingly he had some easy and not so easy drops. He also played a good deal outside and got deep. He has a nice 13.9 YPC. Great pick for the the Rams.

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
what has surprised me about Kupp is how hard he was to tackle this year. the guy was breaking tackles all year long and I didn't expect that. Kupp is a Dog bro haha

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
I think it's athleticism compared to technical skill. Kupp had the technical skill to beat a variety of people in a variety of ways. Reynolds is athletic enough to be a deep threat consistently. Athleticism can be neutralized, but technical skill always has a chance. But athleticism is shiny and pretty, and we all have difficulty ignoring the shiny pretty things. No offense to you of course, just a general observation about humanity.

This X1000. This is what gets GM's and HC's fired. The shiny new toy. It's much like a Tesla, it's fast and beautiful but a piece of junk underneath it all.

Ellard80

Legend
This X1000. This is what gets GM's and HC's fired. The shiny new toy. It's much like a Tesla, it's fast and beautiful but a piece of junk underneath it all.

From what I can see Kupp is more athletic then Reynolds...

Kupp is quick and strong, hard to tackle and can make people miss after the catch.

He also can jump.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
Reynolds led the SEC the season he came out for a reason, the kid can play and I think we will see it next year when Watkins does not resign and goes to some crap team like the Browns, for the money. I just hope he does not go to the 9ers.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Reynolds led the SEC the season he came out for a reason, the kid can play and I think we will see it next year when Watkins does not resign and goes to some crap team like the Browns, for the money. I just hope he does not go to the 9ers.
I think Sammy re-signs with us...He has it the best he's ever had it with this team.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame

Kupp is quick and strong, hard to tackle and can make people miss after the catch.

He also can jump.
Athletic is a very vague term. For instance if you're playing pick up basketball, who you picking to be in your team...Kupp or Reynolds?

1maGoh

Hall of Fame

He also can jump.
I can't tell you exactly what I was thinking at the time, but I was under the impression that Reynolds was taller with better straight line speed and was known for catching deep balls. It has the vague look of greater athleticism at first glance. If any of that was wrong, my bad.