Cooper Kupp Trade Rumors

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

gogoat1

Pro Bowler
Name
Troy
Both Kupp and Stafford have earned the right to retire as a Ram.
Both still have game, we are not out of anything.
Always try and win, ALWAYS.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Kupp is still capable of playing at a very high level. Which could net that second rounder. But he can't stay on the field enough to justify a second rounder. Personally, I'd rather just keep him than eating a high dead cap number. And end up netting no better than a 3rd or 4th. If its a lost season some things are more important. Like Kupp staying a Ram for life the way Donald did. And going into the Hall of Fame as a Ram. I'd hate to see animosity like with Warner. And representing his last team instead of the Rams when he was inducted.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Both Kupp and Stafford have earned the right to retire as a Ram.
Both still have game, we are not out of anything.
Always try and win, ALWAYS.
Totally agree with your statement, but, lets say they both retire next season. We are left with zero talent and little draft capital to address it. I'm certainly not advocating trading either of them, but, the Rams brass have to do what is best for the team going forward. I'd personally be devastated, but understand I guess.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Look I'm not sure where this goes but

1. kupp to recoup (sorry) our 2nd round pick or maybe coop for Higgins is a dream but Higgins unhappy and kupp is an excellent compliment to chase and you get him a bit cheaper because he is a FA whom you could resign.

2. This strong talk of Stafford to Minny is odd. I've always liked Darnold you can go BK to posts couple years BK but straight up for Stafford they need to sweeten the pot with something more of substance a very good pick for sure

3. The common tie here is Kevin Oconnell and Zac Taylor so anything is possible.

4. If your going this route I firmly believe a team like Miami is desperate enough to give up something of value for Jimmy G also another tie in with Mike McDaniels. Question is would they give up a 3rd or a 2nd for their entire season?

TSFH Fan

Epic Music Guy
I think Kuppn's trade value increases after Mike Williams is traded.

Williams is slightly younger, a little healthier, and the Jets are in more of a "must move" situation than the Rams are with Kupp. I think another GM gets better value in a Williams trade.

After Williams is traded, that's one less useful receiver on the market. There's more a chance the Rams can exploit the market.

pvtdragon39

Rookie
I agree with most of this except for the part about a 1st rounder. If someone offers a 1st for Kupp, I'm taking it. Much as I love him. Even a late 1. At late first is a good offer. If we had a late 1 this last draft, I'd be fine with a Leggette or a McConkey taking his place. Tons cheaper and younger.
We wont get a 1st, We usually get screwed on trades, and they are going to argue Kupp is hurt too often. 2nd Maybe? We are 07-08 Rams All over again If we trade Kupp and Stafford. Years of 1-3 Wins. LMAO

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Call me crazy, but I think I prefer the Tennessee quarterback to Arch. Nico Iamaleava. Remember that name.
Iamaleava? After spending that much draft capital for him, I hope he doesn't leave us!

gogoat1

Pro Bowler
Name
Troy
Sorry, but that’s the way football works.
Don't ever change my posts. If I wanted to use the term "depreciating assets" I WOULD.
If you want to make a post using like that........... POST IT YOUR FUCKING SELF.
BTW, Stafford is not depreciating in the least. The man still has it big time.
Kupp, he was old when we drafted him and he a rough playing style. Can't stay healthy but still, let him retire a Ram and coach if he wants.
You can not like my posts, do not care.
Just do not change my posts and if you feel the need to do so, mind your own business.

Londoner

Twitchy sophomore.
Don't ever change my posts. If I wanted to use the term "depreciating assets" I WOULD.
If you want to make a post using like that........... POST IT YOUR FUCKING SELF.
BTW, Stafford is not depreciating in the least. The man still has it big time.
Kupp, he was old when we drafted him and he a rough playing style. Can't stay healthy but still, let him retire a Ram and coach if he wants.
You can not like my posts, do not care.
Just do not change my posts and if you feel the need to do so, mind your own business.
Grow up.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I hate the idea of trading Kupp and giving up on the season, which is what the trade would mean to me. I am no wannabe GM, but would they take a 2026 1st rounder from a trade partner for Kupp to gather draft capital for Arch Manning?
"If they sweeten the deal with a2025 6th, maybe..." ~ Les

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
The thing is, if we trade Kupp…wouldn’t that also facilitate moving Stafford too? I mean in terms of signaling the end of our core of best players. AD retired, Kupp traded [Stafford traded]

I’m not in favor btw.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd much rather see him retire a Ram. That said I think that retirement is when his contract runs out and if some team wants to give us .ore than they should I'm OK with that. And the more of his salary we pay the better the return.