Conner Cook will work out for Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
Cook is a loser and will be a bust in the nfl! Stay far far away from him

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Cook is a loser and will be a bust in the nfl! Stay far far away from him
A loser? come on many things can be said about his game but he's one of the winningest QB's in Michigan St history if not the top winning QB.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
A loser? come on many things can be said about his game but he's one of the winningest QB's in Michigan St history if not the top winning QB.
Name one big game he has won? There are a lot of college qbs with winning records. He doesnt win the big game.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name one big game he has won? There are a lot of college qbs with winning records. He doesnt win the big game.
Neither did Peyton Manning. Seriously you're arguing a losing battle calling somebody a loser.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
Neither did Peyton Manning. Seriously you're arguing a losing battle calling somebody a loser.
I never said he had a losing record im just saying he isnt a winner. Id rather not draft any qb than draft Cook.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Honestly think he goes to Denver if he's still there. I estimate there to be 8 teams who could conceivably take a QB in this draft, and 4 of them in the first round isn't out of the realm of possibility. Not saying he'd be worth it, but that's just the way I see it.

All good points!

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I never said he had a losing record im just saying he isnt a winner. Id rather not draft any qb than draft Cook.
Peyton Manning wasn't a winner in college by your definition he couldn't win the big games. Tim Tebow could though clearly we see the kind of QB you want. I don't want Cook either but calling him a loser is just stupid and classless.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Cook 50mph velocity at combine, watch the tape. I know he was a starter and winner, but windows in NFL are very small. Picture safeties walking up.
Yeah, and when I watched him against Bama, you could see what it would be like if he was drafted by the Rams with no receiver help. I'm not entirely convinced he could hit a moving Tavon, because he tends to sail a little. But then there are times when he's absolutely money on throws and I do like the way he stays on the balls of his feet and never gets flat. Looks like Manning at times, and then other times he looks like Alex Smith. I think he could absolutely thrive in this system with good development. And when you think QB development, you automatically think Rams, right?

Right?

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

Had a great record at Michigan State and in 2013 was the QB that defeated an undefeated Ohio State team in the Big Ten Championship and then beat an excellent Stanford team in the Rose Bowl and was the games MVP.

Now I'm not a Cook fan, but a winner he is although he did not Quarterback them to a National Championship, he still has the best winning percentage in Michigan State history so I would hardly call him a loser IMHO, but still I would go in another direction.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Had a great record at Michigan State and in 2013 was the QB that defeated an undefeated Ohio State team in the Big Ten Championship and then beat an excellent Stanford team in the Rose Bowl and was the games MVP.

Now I'm not a Cook fan, but a winner he is although he did not Quarterback them to a National Championship, he still has the best winning percentage in Michigan State history so I would hardly call him a loser IMHO, but still I would go in another direction.
You could envision him in this offense though, yeah? Lots of intermediate throws and lots of play-action at Michigan State.
Question is if he can be ... I don't know the word. Tamed? Kinda made to settle down and make better decisions.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
But all of the good qb's in this draft didn't win big games right?

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, and when I watched him against Bama, you could see what it would be like if he was drafted by the Rams with no receiver help. I'm not entirely convinced he could hit a moving Tavon, because he tends to sail a little. But then there are times when he's absolutely money on throws and I do like the way he stays on the balls of his feet and never gets flat. Looks like Manning at times, and then other times he looks like Alex Smith. I think he could absolutely thrive in this system with good development. And when you think QB development, you automatically think Rams, right?

Right?
Lol damnit

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I understand that, but I would rather coach to win then coach not to lose, but it can work like last year with the Broncos and with the Ravens many years ago, but I would rather have a QB that can not only manage the game, but go out and win the damn game too....And again, that's just me.
Nah you're absolutely right. But I meant manage a game like joe Flacco. No mistakes and a touchdown or 2 a game

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Didn't the Rams draft a very similar, from a pro style offense, with a stronger arm QB last year?
#Treadingwater

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Yeah, and he's smarter.

I'll keep harping on this. With the new playbook, the FIRST guy who had the offense down wasn't Case Keenum of Nick Foles. The FIRST guy who had the offense down was Sean Mannion.

And if it wasn't for the BS of farting around with Case Keenum and Austin Davis when everyone and their mother knew we didn't spend a 7th just to cut Keenum, then we could have gotten a look at the rookie Mannion and really gotten him some reps.

As it was, the few opportunities he got, the offense really seemed to perk up.

I'm almost hoping the Rams go Doctson, Higbee, BPA, BPA and then watch as Mannion wins the job. I'd be tickled pink.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Nah you're absolutely right. But I meant manage a game like joe Flacco. No mistakes and a touchdown or 2 a game

Well, I will give you this because Flacco is a former Fighting Blue Hen and that has always been my favorite team nickname!
Univ_Deleware_1.png

tahoe

Pro Bowler
What is wrong with this picture? Has it really gotten this bad that we as a fanbase are willing to use a first rounder for a game manager? I mean really? We are better than this, I much rather use that first or second round pick that they would use on Cook and draft a playmaker instead and go with Mannion. Cook isnt any better than what we already have, shouldnt draft a qb just to draft one. If you are going to get a qb go get a game changer.

Ram Man

Rookie
Sounds like right now there is a significant gap in value perception from Wentz/Goff and Lynch and then a significant gap between Lynch and Cook. Right now it sounds like Lynch will probably will be available at 15. I wonder if we could trade down a bit in the 1st round and still land Lynch?