Congrats

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
To all you die hards, congrats on finally having a team back in the playoffs.

I haven't watched a Rams game since they left St. Louis and haven't watched a single NFL game this season. Safe to say I'm not exactly rooting for the Rams success these days but I am happy for all you fellas that have something worth watching after all these years!

Hope all of you are doing well in your personal lives. I've been busy with a toddler and my wife is pregnant with our next one. I miss having a team to drive downtown and root for but overall I have to say that my Sundays are much more productive and fulfilling!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

I haven't watched a Rams game since they left St. Louis and haven't watched a single NFL game this season. Safe to say I'm not exactly rooting for the Rams success these days but I am happy for all you fellas that have something worth watching after all these years!

Hope all of you are doing well in your personal lives. I've been busy with a toddler and my wife is pregnant with our next one. I miss having a team to drive downtown and root for but overall I have to say that my Sundays are much more productive and fulfilling!

Good to see you, Sum! Happy New Year!

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Happy New Year, Sum! I wish you and your family nothing but the best!

nighttrain

Legend
just because the Rams went back to Cal no reason not to root for the team, ya dont have to be a fan of Kroneke, not many are
train

Sum1

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
That ship has sailed, nighttrain. Hope you are well!

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Thanks, Sum... sorry you weren't able to make the "transition" when they moved. I've been a fan since 1966... never lived anywhere near CA or STL (but did go see 3 games in STL). Seemed no matter where they went (CA->STL->CA) I followed.

But, you just might be right... your Sundays might very well be more productive and fulfilling.

But I have to say... watching this team is an awful lot of fun...

Hey, since your Sundays are more productive and fulfilling... I have an idea!

Who says your Saturdays can't be unproductive and less fulfilling? Heck, why not catch the Rams Saturday night? We can use all the support we can!!

Either way... peace... and thanks for thinking of us!

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Thanks, Sum... sorry you weren't able to make the "transition" when they moved. I've been a fan since 1966... never lived anywhere near CA or STL (but did go see 3 games in STL). Seemed no matter where they went (CA->STL->CA) I followed.

But, you just might be right... your Sundays might very well be more productive and fulfilling.

But I have to say... watching this team is an awful lot of fun...

Hey, since your Sundays are more productive and fulfilling... I have an idea!

Who says your Saturdays can't be unproductive and less fulfilling? Heck, why not catch the Rams Saturday night? We can use all the support we can!!

Either way... peace... and thanks for thinking of us!
Haha. Well, I've got family in Atlanta now so... :mrburnsevil:

And yes, Kroenke is the main culprit. But it was the NFL's handling of the whole, even for the other cities, that have turned me off.

But no ill feelings for anyone in LA in the slightest.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole

Sounds like you've been way too BUSY to watch football anyway! LOL

Awesome to hear about you becoming a Proud Papa. That's a long way from the day when I met you after you put your elbow through a windshield in Tampa. Pretty sure you were celebrating a Missou win over Oklahoma or something like that. Congratulations Brudda!

I miss your input here. We lost a great Ram Fan when we lost you. I still hold out hope that you will come back around some day.

Again, great to hear that you're doing well Pops !

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Thank you for the words and it's classy of you to say.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
but overall I have to say that my Sundays are much more productive and fulfilling!

nothing is more fulfilling than watching the rams beat down the opposition team. and we've seen plenty of that this season. and will see it many times moving forward.

why rob yourself of that?

Sum1

Hall of Fame
nothing is more fulfilling than watching the rams beat down the opposition team. and we've seen plenty of that this season. and will see it many times moving forward.

why rob yourself of that?

I've got plenty other things in my life these days. Sports in general have taken a backseat. Don't think I'll ever be able to put the NFL back on my radar.

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member
I've got plenty other things in my life these days. Sports in general have taken a backseat. Don't think I'll ever be able to put the NFL back on my radar.
Nice to see a post from you Sum!
I applaud you for getting your Sunday's back September through December.

I also have a bit of a brood going at home now. I have 9 and 3 year old boys, and a new 4 month old baby girl.
(ps. The rams have never had a losing record in her lifetime)

A couple of years ago, my wife begged me to take off for the weekend to go to Hatchers Pass where she had rented a cabin in the mountains. The Rams were playing the Giants in London that weekend. I fought my fanatical addictive instincts...set the DVR recorder...and decided to go play in the snow with the family for the weekend. We had a great weekend, in fact, we had an EPIC weekend. We got back home late Sunday night, and I turned on the game. It was the most boring display of football I had ever seen. The Rams made mistake after mistake after mistake. Looked like they were hung over and/or trying to lose. I had to fast forward through a lot of the game. After the final score was displayed, it hit me: What if I'd skipped out on that great family get away to stay home and watch that crap?

Being a sports fan, especially a Rams fan, can be a true outright fanatical sickness. For those out there with addictive natures (like me) it is important to find balance with it and remember it is just a game.

I've recorded quite a few games this year in order to play with the kids. No regrets.

Fun fact: My little baby girl loves being in the babybjorn carrier forward facing watching Rams football as I stand in the middle of the living room in front of our 70 inch 4k TV. The Rams started winning more games than they lose this year. She's has become my team's good luck charm this year. My wife thinks its hilarious. I'll turn away and she'll get fussy. I turn back to the screen and she starts smiling and gooing. We've tried this with other shows on the TV and she could care less. Rams football she gets giddy.

So while, I may never be cured my self....I am learning to find balance. How to put family above football. I have recorded quite a few games this year...and watched them after the family fun.

Take care of yourself man. Hope life continues to treat you and your groing family well. If you ever relapse, don't be hard on yourself. The horns addiction is real. There is no real long lasting cure. (kinda like herpes).

Best,
Alaskan Ram

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sum, thank you! It's been a long strange trip for me. Leaving LA for the Big A. Big A to St. Louis. Back to LA. I never lost the love in my heart for the Rams. Thanks for wishing us luck. All my best to you!

BadCompany

Rookie

Given that I don't live in either St. Louis or LA I had no issues making the transition. Having said that, after watching my beloved Expos get killed by bad ownership/commissioners, and openly mocked by fans and media from the Washington area (indeed, pretty much the entire baseball community), I get where you are coming from. I have not, and never will, root for the Washington Nationals. I just can't. Nor, for that matter, would I be able to go onto a Nationals board and congratulate their fans for a good season. I'm just not that forgiving a man, I guess.

You're a bigger person than I am.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Given that I don't live in either St. Louis or LA I had no issues making the transition. Having said that, after watching my beloved Expos get killed by bad ownership/commissioners, and openly mocked by fans and media from the Washington area (indeed, pretty much the entire baseball community), I get where you are coming from. I have not, and never will, root for the Washington Nationals. I just can't. Nor, for that matter, would I be able to go onto a Nationals board and congratulate their fans for a good season. I'm just not that forgiving a man, I guess.

You're a bigger person than I am.

Not necessarily.

It's the Rams that I love - I don't live in St. Louis or LA, but if they had moved AND changed the team name, I might be out. Probably would be.

You got hit with the double whammy...in some ways that would be better though...help to cut all ties